Author Topic: Even with all of the shootings in Chicago this one stands out  (Read 3140 times)

griz

• friend
Re: Even with all of the shootings in Chicago this one stands out
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2021, 11:14:58 PM »
I feel safer already

The Failure of Lori Lightfoot’s Anti-Violence Plan is an Impenetrable Mystery
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-failure-of-lori-lightfoots-anti-violence-plan-is-an-impenetrable-mystery/

The first of the key parts of her plan is to "Empower and heal those actively engaged in violence, whether victims or perpetrators."   I think this is a fancy way of saying they've made guns even more illegal and funneled more money to areas where violence is increasing, but they still can't figure out why the problem is still there.  That's the equivalent of a carpenter saying "I've cut this board off three times and it's still too short, wonder what went wrong?"
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2021, 05:36:59 PM »
CULLING THE HERD

This one confirms my oft-stated position that we should issue guns and ammo to everybody who wanted them and let the gangs fight it out against each other and against armed citizens.

We'd have a spike in shootings for about two months, then it would start to drop to near-zero because of selective culling.

Might get a few innocents and hotheads killed, but I don't think it would be any more than at the present rate.

Believe the Darwin...  :rofl:

Terry, 230RN

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 07:44:34 PM »
CULLING THE HERD

This one confirms my oft-stated position that we should issue guns and ammo to everybody who wanted them and let the gangs fight it out against each other and against armed citizens.

We'd have a spike in shootings for about two months, then it would start to drop to near-zero because of selective culling.

Might get a few innocents and hotheads killed, but I don't think it would be any more than at the present rate.

I agree. Let the process of natural selection run its course. God knew what he was doing when he created it.

Woody

Terry, 230RN
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2021, 08:00:02 PM »
CULLING THE HERD

Terry, 230RN

PURGE TIME!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »
"Empower and heal those actively engaged in violence, whether victims or perpetrators."

I'm all for at least empowering the victims.  To the tune of maybe .38 SPL or .380 ACP "empowerment" minimum levels.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:30:50 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2021, 11:45:35 AM »
On a related note
Been noticing more and more news reports where the victim was shot several times in the head which indicates, to me at least, executions. Gang wars are going hot. Meanwhile the democrats fiddle
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 11:52:37 AM »
On a related note
Been noticing more and more news reports where the victim was shot several times in the head which indicates, to me at least, executions. Gang wars are going hot. Meanwhile the democrats fiddle

Democrats. The party of Nero.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »
"Empower and heal those actively engaged in violence, whether victims or perpetrators."

I'm all for at least empowering the victims.  To the tune of maybe .38 SPL or .380 ACP "empowerment" minimum levels.
Theses days, arm them also with legal self defense that comes with immunity from prosecution. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 12:56:04 PM »
CULLING THE HERD

Terry, 230RN

I've been known to make similar statements regarding illicit drugs. Make them all legal and let the gene pool cleanup commence . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

230RN

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 01:48:05 PM »
^ Agreed on that one...

Theses days, arm them also with legal self defense that comes with immunity from prosecution.

Yeah, as someone said, every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.  Kind of a dumb way of putting it but has a kernel of truth.  The other problem in this respect is the unfettered rapacity of some DAs who will say or do anything to make another "successful" case for their re-election or re-appointment.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 02:00:16 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2021, 12:52:24 PM »
Got to love Chicago

There are a lot of things that will send your eyebrows rising during Chicago’s daily felony bond court hearings. But among the more perplexing are the people accused of illegally carrying firearms while, according to their defense attorneys, they are active members of anti-violence groups.

The past few days have been extra perplexing. At least three men who are supposedly working to end gun violence in Chicago were charged with illegally carrying guns this week while they were already on bond for other felony gun cases. One of the men’s pending cases includes allegations that he shot at two people.
Remember, these guys receive paychecks to “mediate” conflicts in order to avoid violence and bloodshed. While, it seems, settling their own scores by using violence.

:facepalm:
3 Chicago ‘Anti-Violence Activists’ Facing Felony Gun Charges While Out On Bail for Other Felony Gun Charges
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/3-chicago-anti-violence-activists-facing-felony-gun-charges-while-out-on-bail-for-other-felony-gun-charges/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2021, 07:08:22 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2021, 04:26:31 PM »
More Lightfoot
I'm sure the city's gangs are shaking in fear right now

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot Wants to Reduce the City’s Skyrocketing Crime by Suing Gang Members
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/chicago-mayor-wants-to-reduce-the-citys-skyrocketing-crime-by-suing-gang-members/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2021, 09:16:27 PM »
More

Just two days after the arrests were reported, the prosecutor dropped all charges, claiming that there was insufficient evidence to charge anyone. A police report noted, however, that Foxx’s office also said the charges wouldn’t be pursued because the two sides were engaged in “mutual combat”; a fight in which both parties willingly take part.

Chicago Prosecutor Drops Charges In Gang Shooting, Claiming Mutual Combat
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/10/05/chicago-prosecutor-mutual-combat-n50587
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2021, 11:24:55 PM »
Got to love Chicago

:facepalm:
3 Chicago ‘Anti-Violence Activists’ Facing Felony Gun Charges While Out On Bail for Other Felony Gun Charges
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/3-chicago-anti-violence-activists-facing-felony-gun-charges-while-out-on-bail-for-other-felony-gun-charges/

Well, I'm anti-violence, and I carry a gun.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2021, 08:52:22 AM »
Well, I'm anti-violence, and I carry a gun.

Yeah but you're not a felon

Are you?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2021, 08:55:11 AM »
Yeah but you're not a felon

Are you?

We are, all of us, felons.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2021, 05:28:46 PM »
More fun

How bad is the crime in Chicago? Well, a couple of weeks ago, a carjacking happened right outside Governor J.B. Pritzker’s mansion in a very exclusive residential neighborhood. And news has just come to light of an attempted carjacking of a police SUV parked outside Cook County Board Chairman Toni Preckwinkle’s home (which just happens to be near Barack Obama’s seldom-used residence).

Security Detail Shoots Armed Carjacker Trying to Steal a Police SUV Outside Cook County Board President’s Residence
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/security-detail-shoots-armed-carjacker-trying-to-steal-a-police-suv-outside-cook-county-board-presidents-residence/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2021, 11:33:03 PM »
More fun

Security Detail Shoots Armed Carjacker Trying to Steal a Police SUV Outside Cook County Board President’s Residence
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/security-detail-shoots-armed-carjacker-trying-to-steal-a-police-suv-outside-cook-county-board-presidents-residence/
If the crime and violence is making it to the elite's homes, then they might actually try to do something about it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

griz

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2021, 12:09:32 AM »
^^  Probably not, they'll just work to keep it out of their neighborhoods.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2021, 08:09:43 PM »
If the crime and violence is making it to the elite's homes, then they might actually try to do something about it.

Pass more gun restrictions, obviously.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2022, 08:16:10 AM »
I feel safer already

The Failure of Lori Lightfoot’s Anti-Violence Plan is an Impenetrable Mystery
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-failure-of-lori-lightfoots-anti-violence-plan-is-an-impenetrable-mystery/

Must be working

Chicago's bloody holiday weekend continues: 54 people shot, 7 dead since Friday evening
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicagos-bloody-holiday-weekend-continues-54-people-shot-7-dead-friday-evening

- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2022, 09:52:39 AM »
Must be working

Chicago's bloody holiday weekend continues: 54 people shot, 7 dead since Friday evening
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicagos-bloody-holiday-weekend-continues-54-people-shot-7-dead-friday-evening

Chicago IS a mass shooting.  :facepalm:  [ar15]

Woody  :old: