Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Those Texas Democrats  (Read 722 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Those Texas Democrats
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 03:31:05 PM »

Perhaps this is part of their plan to usher in Pres. Harris.  Get the delta variant coof ricocheting around the White House.

Agree. Joe gracefully dies of the Rona letting them handily sidestep the fact they elected a mentally feeble old man. He becomes a hero and a reason why we must all lock down again. With new powers of course. I am sure plan A was 25 months so the vp could have two terms of their own but I think they see that neither the president or the congressional majority will make it that far.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2021, 07:03:09 PM »

Well,  the Ponysoldier President has  been vaccinated so it's unlikely he will die of THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN- - - - - ooops, covid19.   (   :facepalm:  )
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2021, 07:26:53 PM »

Well,  the Ponysoldier President has  been vaccinated so it's unlikely he will die of THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN- - - - - ooops, covid19.   (   :facepalm:  )

Thatís how dangerous this new strain is! We must shelter in place and wait for government food distribution!

Seriously, itís a bit tinfoil but right now is Joe Biden more useful to his party dead or alive? We already know that to them there is no bridge too far.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2021, 07:48:31 PM »

Thatís how dangerous this new strain is! We must shelter in place and wait for government food distribution!

Seriously, itís a bit tinfoil but right now is Joe Biden more useful to his party dead or alive? We already know that to them there is no bridge too far.

Martyr Joe, and the anointed first Wimmin President.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Radicalized since 1776 - beep/bop/boop
  • friend
  • I just realized I am not holding my microphone
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2021, 01:59:38 PM »

Will these brave souls get the Pres. Medal of Freedom, or will The Party create a new medal for them?
This member used to have another name, and the name that this member used to have was fistful.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »

Will these brave souls get the Pres. Medal of Freedom, or will The Party create a new medal for them?

Do Democrat legislators have souls?  (I have my doubts about a few Republicans too)
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Radicalized since 1776 - beep/bop/boop
  • friend
  • I just realized I am not holding my microphone
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2021, 05:23:22 PM »

Do Democrat legislators have souls?  (I have my doubts about a few Republicans too)

If they have enough melanin.

https://duniamagazine.com/2014/12/melanin-the-reason-why-africansblacks-have-soul/
This member used to have another name, and the name that this member used to have was fistful.

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »

Yeah, so I guess it's more of a "follow the money" thing than an "OMG! Voting rights!" thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-group-raises-600000-for-texas-democrats-in-dc-report
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 08:50:14 AM »

Why do you need that information.. plebe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfisklNvcVM
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2021, 12:38:02 PM »

Why do you need that information.. plebe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfisklNvcVM

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle then with ..."

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies ... and statistics."

Case in point.

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »

So, no Dr Pepper or hairspray available anywhere in DC? Or are the people who just got like a million dollars in donations claiming they are so strapped for cash that they can't buy a can of soda?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/25/the-dallas-democrats-are-collecting-dr-pepper-and-salsa-for-care-packages-to-send-to-the-texas-house-dems-in-d-c/

Also, if the link is accurate, why are they still being paid a $200 per diem? Abbott needs to shut that *expletive deleted*it down.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: Today at 08:56:26 AM »

So, no Dr Pepper or hairspray available anywhere in DC?

Solved.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Those who work for a living are being BURIED by those who vote for a living.
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: Today at 08:57:42 AM »

So, no Dr Pepper or hairspray available anywhere in DC? Or are the people who just got like a million dollars in donations claiming they are so strapped for cash that they can't buy a can of soda?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/25/the-dallas-democrats-are-collecting-dr-pepper-and-salsa-for-care-packages-to-send-to-the-texas-house-dems-in-d-c/

Also, if the link is accurate, why are they still being paid a $200 per diem? Abbott needs to shut that *expletive deleted*it down.
I don't know for certain but I got the impression there were political reasons to keep the legislature in session.  I think special sessions are 30 days, but it has been a long time since civics class. 

I was told by someone that there was a way they could declare them delinquent and appoint replacements, but I have my doubts about that. 
ďIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.Ē  ― Calvin Coolidge
Pages: 1 [2]