Author Topic: Those Texas Democrats  (Read 3475 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Those Texas Democrats
« on: July 16, 2021, 12:17:59 PM »
This thing with the Texas democrats that vamoosed has been interesting to watch, especially from the media reporting side. Yes, the below links are twitchy, but they're really not clickbait - these dems seem to be that crazy, and the MSM seems to be that crazy for them.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/07/16/theyre-victims-now-ap-reports-how-texas-dems-on-flee-ibuster-are-living-a-life-of-scrutiny-stress-and-secrecy/

You can agree or disagree with their "fleeing" tactic. In fairness, it was used by Republicans in Oregon only a couple of years ago. In fairness to them though, it was a half dozen people that got in their cars and drove to Idaho and laid low. They weren't tweeting crap every day nor calling themselves victims or martyrs. Nor did they charter private jets and go to DC hobnob parties, all while posting photos of themselves doing laundry in their hotel rooms like they are refugees. I guarantee the $300/night hotels they are likely staying at in DC have a laundry service.

Reading what these dems are doing, it's like they are junior high schoolers ditching school to go to a cool party. This Wu guy is the most immature of all of them:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/15/texas-representative-takes-a-break-from-posting-food-pictures-to-insult-appearance-of-republican-colleague-with-autism/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Those Texas Democrats
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 12:40:55 PM »
I don't know if state assemblymen have to show ID to board a chartered jet, but it is an interesting question. Certainly that case of light beer was subject to an ID check.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 01:55:39 PM »
There was also a photo they put out of them all on their plane to D.C. ............... without masks of course.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »
The Dems here did it before.  I think the last time we had to do redistricting of election districts, they ran off to New Mexico.  The redistricting got done anyway, just a few months later.  It was a pointless "look at me" action just like now.

Glad we got Constitutional Carry passed before they decided to leave.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 03:24:15 PM »
So I guess calling out the National Guard to force down (or shoot down) the charter plane wasn't even considered...
Too bad.

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 08:39:28 PM »
This thing with the Texas democrats that vamoosed has been interesting to watch, especially from the media reporting side. Yes, the below links are twitchy, but they're really not clickbait - these dems seem to be that crazy, and the MSM seems to be that crazy for them.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/07/16/theyre-victims-now-ap-reports-how-texas-dems-on-flee-ibuster-are-living-a-life-of-scrutiny-stress-and-secrecy/

You can agree or disagree with their "fleeing" tactic. In fairness, it was used by Republicans in Oregon only a couple of years ago. In fairness to them though, it was a half dozen people that got in their cars and drove to Idaho and laid low. They weren't tweeting crap every day nor calling themselves victims or martyrs. Nor did they charter private jets and go to DC hobnob parties, all while posting photos of themselves doing laundry in their hotel rooms like they are refugees. I guarantee the $300/night hotels they are likely staying at in DC have a laundry service.

Reading what these dems are doing, it's like they are junior high schoolers ditching school to go to a cool party. This Wu guy is the most immature of all of them:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/15/texas-representative-takes-a-break-from-posting-food-pictures-to-insult-appearance-of-republican-colleague-with-autism/

Something I was thinking about the other day...

The Republicans in Oregon were doing it to prevent the passage of a bill that would greatly increase energy costs and was unpopular with the majority of Oregonians. So while they were (and still are) the minority party, they were actually acting in a (small d) democratic fashion, in that they were representing the will of the majority of voters.

In Texas, the fleeing Democrats are a minority party that are doing it to prevent the passage of a bill that is broadly popular with the majority of Texans, including the minorities they are supposedly defending. Which means they're acting in a profoundly anti-democratic fashion.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/governor-abbot-approval-rating-skyrockets-after-getting-dozens-of-democrats-to-leave-texas
Other States Look To Texas For Advice On How To Get Democrats To Leave

According to reports, Texas is now a blissful and prosperous utopia, only 12 hours after Democrat lawmakers left in their private charter plane.
:rofl: :rofl:

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 03:34:14 PM »
Not the Babylon Bee

Can’t make it up. Not 5 days ago they were massless on a flight: 3 Texas Democrats test positive for COVID-19 in Washington, D.C. https://t.co/gwjygD9S3w

— Eliana Johnson (@elianayjohnson) July 17, 2021

The flee-ibuster backfire continues: 3 Texas Dems who fled to DC have reportedly tested positive for Covid-19
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/07/17/the-flee-ibuster-backfire-continues-3-texas-dems-who-fled-to-dc-have-reportedly-tested-positive-for-covid-19/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 06:46:29 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 08:19:35 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 09:37:56 PM »
Interesting thesis:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-state-rep-fleeing-democrats-are-lying-about-voting-rights-bill-positive-virus-test-a-gimmick

If it's true that the three showed zero symptoms, why, indeed, did they decide they needed to be tested? Especially given that they all claimed they were vaccinated.

I suppose they will claim HIPPA if someone asks them to show documentation. If it is found out that the three lied so that the whole crew could stay in DC longer, I would think even many dem voters in Texas might be a little upset.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 10:20:27 PM »
I'm curious why they had to go all the way to Washington, DC. Seems to me it would have been a whole lot less expensive to go to someplace like Lovington, NM. Lovington has a couple of hotels that I'm sure would have welcomed the business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2021, 09:57:57 AM »
I'm curious why they had to go all the way to Washington, DC. Seems to me it would have been a whole lot less expensive to go to someplace like Lovington, NM. Lovington has a couple of hotels that I'm sure would have welcomed the business.
Then they couldn't party with all the D.C. Democrats. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 10:01:27 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/four-pinocchios-top-fact-checker-shreds-jim-clyburn-for-claiming-democrats-never-opposed-voter-id-laws?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=non_member
‘Four Pinocchios’: Top Fact Checker Shreds Jim Clyburn For Claiming Democrats Never Opposed Voter ID Laws

“I don’t know why you guys keep misrepresenting what I said,” Clyburn told Fox News host Neil Cavuto on Tuesday. “I have never said that you should not have voter ID. When I got my voter registration cards, I keep them in my wallet. And when I go to vote, I presented that every time. And I said to them, I am Jim Clyburn, this is my ID, and I want to vote. I have always had voter ID. And that’s why the representative earlier who voted … no Democrat has never been against voter ID.”

The voter ID card isn't ID. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 08:34:42 PM »
Just speculation at this point but the timing can lead to speculation

Kamala Harris makes surprise trip to Walter Reed for a ‘routine doctor’s appointment’ after exposure to infected Texas Dems
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/18/kamala-harris-makes-surprise-trip-to-walter-reed-for-a-routine-doctors-appointment-after-exposure-to-infected-texas-dems/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 08:40:33 PM »
I  know I can make a "routine appointment" on a Sunday whenever the need arises.....Not!

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2021, 08:59:43 PM »
    Two more Texas House members in D.C. tested positive today, @TexasHDC says, bringing the total to five. All five are fully vaccinated and showing “no symptoms or only mild symptoms,” per the caucus. #txlege pic.twitter.com/WVKpaavJ6m

— Jasper Scherer (@jaspscherer) July 19, 2021
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/18/breaking-two-more-fully-vaccinated-texas-dems-in-d-c-tested-positive-for-covid-19-total-now-at-5/

Before anyone jumps on the vaccine doesn't work bandwagon this more than likely just means they were exposed to the virus
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 09:14:04 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2021, 09:44:19 PM »
From what I've been able to glean through all of the vax flack is that the vax will not prevent you from catching the Woo.  It's just less likely to put you in the hospital or kill you.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2021, 09:53:36 PM »
From what I've been able to glean through all of the vax flack is that the vax will not prevent you from catching the Woo.  It's just less likely to put you in the hospital or kill you.

Yep. A vaccine is not some magic shield that keep the virus out of your body it just means your immune system is ready for it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2021, 12:14:46 PM »
op cit:

-----------------------------------------------
"I don’t know why you guys keep misrepresenting what I said,” Clyburn told Fox News host Neil Cavuto on Tuesday. “I have never said that you should not have voter ID. When I got my voter registration cards, I keep them in my wallet. And when I go to vote, I presented that every time. And I said to them, I am Jim Clyburn, this is my ID, and I want to vote. I have always had voter ID.
-------------------------------------------------

Cards, plural?  Does he maybe vote in two places... like college dorm students used to?

???

Terry

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 08:33:20 AM »
I  know I can make a "routine appointment" on a Sunday whenever the need arises.....Not!
bob

Yeah, they are spinning this one like crazy now. It was a "routine appointment" for a covid test scheduled weeks in advance on a Sunday and had nothing to do with the TX dems. Are they telling us there are zero medical staff at the White House that can do a covid rapid test? Because I thought everyone going to the WH had to be spot tested.

Also I see Psaki refused to say that the TX dems were wrong to fly without masks when confronted with the question. She said they had a "greater mission" on voting rights so we need to stop focusing on the masks. Sounds kinda familiar from this Summer, don't it?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2021, 02:36:21 PM »
Man, I can't believe the rest of his group lets this Gene Wu guy keep making posts. He is seriously challenging AOC for "dumbest person on the planet".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/07/20/texas-dem-and-super-genius-gene-wu-making-his-case-on-why-repubs-are-stupid-for-wanting-election-bills-accidentally-hilarious/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »
Perhaps this is part of their plan to usher in Pres. Harris.  Get the delta variant coof ricocheting around the White House.