Author Topic: Those Texas Democrats  (Read 3478 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Those Texas Democrats
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 03:31:05 PM »
Perhaps this is part of their plan to usher in Pres. Harris.  Get the delta variant coof ricocheting around the White House.

Agree. Joe gracefully dies of the Rona letting them handily sidestep the fact they elected a mentally feeble old man. He becomes a hero and a reason why we must all lock down again. With new powers of course. I am sure plan A was 25 months so the vp could have two terms of their own but I think they see that neither the president or the congressional majority will make it that far.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2021, 07:03:09 PM »
Well,  the Ponysoldier President has  been vaccinated so it's unlikely he will die of THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN- - - - - ooops, covid19.   (   :facepalm:  )
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2021, 07:26:53 PM »
Well,  the Ponysoldier President has  been vaccinated so it's unlikely he will die of THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN- - - - - ooops, covid19.   (   :facepalm:  )

That’s how dangerous this new strain is! We must shelter in place and wait for government food distribution!

Seriously, it’s a bit tinfoil but right now is Joe Biden more useful to his party dead or alive? We already know that to them there is no bridge too far.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2021, 07:48:31 PM »
That’s how dangerous this new strain is! We must shelter in place and wait for government food distribution!

Seriously, it’s a bit tinfoil but right now is Joe Biden more useful to his party dead or alive? We already know that to them there is no bridge too far.

Martyr Joe, and the anointed first Wimmin President.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2021, 01:59:38 PM »
Will these brave souls get the Pres. Medal of Freedom, or will The Party create a new medal for them?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »
Will these brave souls get the Pres. Medal of Freedom, or will The Party create a new medal for them?

Do Democrat legislators have souls?  (I have my doubts about a few Republicans too)
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2021, 05:23:22 PM »
Do Democrat legislators have souls?  (I have my doubts about a few Republicans too)

If they have enough melanin.

https://duniamagazine.com/2014/12/melanin-the-reason-why-africansblacks-have-soul/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »
Yeah, so I guess it's more of a "follow the money" thing than an "OMG! Voting rights!" thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-group-raises-600000-for-texas-democrats-in-dc-report
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 08:50:14 AM »
Why do you need that information.. plebe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfisklNvcVM
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2021, 12:38:02 PM »
Why do you need that information.. plebe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfisklNvcVM

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle then with ..."

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies ... and statistics."

Case in point.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »
So, no Dr Pepper or hairspray available anywhere in DC? Or are the people who just got like a million dollars in donations claiming they are so strapped for cash that they can't buy a can of soda?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/25/the-dallas-democrats-are-collecting-dr-pepper-and-salsa-for-care-packages-to-send-to-the-texas-house-dems-in-d-c/

Also, if the link is accurate, why are they still being paid a $200 per diem? Abbott needs to shut that *expletive deleted*it down.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2021, 08:56:26 AM »
So, no Dr Pepper or hairspray available anywhere in DC?

Solved.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2021, 08:57:42 AM »
So, no Dr Pepper or hairspray available anywhere in DC? Or are the people who just got like a million dollars in donations claiming they are so strapped for cash that they can't buy a can of soda?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/25/the-dallas-democrats-are-collecting-dr-pepper-and-salsa-for-care-packages-to-send-to-the-texas-house-dems-in-d-c/

Also, if the link is accurate, why are they still being paid a $200 per diem? Abbott needs to shut that *expletive deleted*it down.
I don't know for certain but I got the impression there were political reasons to keep the legislature in session.  I think special sessions are 30 days, but it has been a long time since civics class. 

I was told by someone that there was a way they could declare them delinquent and appoint replacements, but I have my doubts about that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2021, 10:47:51 AM »
I don't know for certain but I got the impression there were political reasons to keep the legislature in session.  I think special sessions are 30 days, but it has been a long time since civics class. 

I was told by someone that there was a way they could declare them delinquent and appoint replacements, but I have my doubts about that.

So keep the legislature in session. That doesn't explain why legislators who aren't even in the state, let along attending the session, are getting paid a per diem.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2021, 11:15:42 AM »
They don't really get a salary to speak of.  I think per diem is their pay for the most part.  And I do not know the answer.  If they are out of state, it should be cut.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2021, 11:24:19 AM »
So keep the legislature in session. That doesn't explain why legislators who aren't even in the state, let along attending the session, are getting paid a per diem.

I don't know how state gov (or privileged politicians) work, but in fed.gov you only get per diem reimbursement after the trip, and after you have submitted a travel voucher with receipts. And you can't travel in the first place without travel orders.

If this isn't official travel, which these dems seem to not only admit, but flaunt, they should be getting zero dollars.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »
Wiki has this for salary. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Legislature
State legislators in Texas make $600 per month, or $7,200 per year, plus a per diem of $221 for every day the Legislature is in session (also including any special sessions). That adds up to $38,140 a year for a regular session (140 days), with the total pay for a two-year term being $45,340.[5][6] Legislators receive a pension after eight years of service, starting at age 60.[7]
Since they only meet for 6 months every other year, the pay is per diem while the legislature is in session. 

I think there is actually more money available maintain offices in their home district and Austin, but I don't have that info.   

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2021, 04:35:15 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2021, 06:13:46 PM »
Now they're suing Abbott (and Texas taxpayers, essentially) for separation anxiety.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/07/22-runaway-texas-house-democrats-file-lawsuit-alleging-anxiety-and-distress-over-the-separation-from-their-families/

They are shameless.

But ... they are Democrats, so saying they're shameless is redundant.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2021, 10:46:53 PM »
Now they're suing Abbott (and Texas taxpayers, essentially) for separation anxiety.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/07/22-runaway-texas-house-democrats-file-lawsuit-alleging-anxiety-and-distress-over-the-separation-from-their-families/

I got a BRILLIANT idea;  they all go home, be with their families, and do their jobs!!!!

Easy peasy. =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2021, 03:35:45 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2021, 04:49:15 PM »
The lawsuit apparently contains a section stating racism by Abbott because some of the dems are black and some are white.

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2021/08/08/they-blame-abbott-byron-york-gives-an-update-on-a-lawsuit-filed-by-texas-democrats-who-fled-the-state/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2021, 07:19:24 PM »
Natural origin?   Is that a thing in Constitutional  Law?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2021, 07:22:08 PM »
Natural origin?   Is that a thing in Constitutional  Law?

Beats me. I'm still trying to figure out if that doc is fake or not.