Author Topic: So... What's on?  (Read 647 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
So... What's on?
« on: July 18, 2021, 01:11:03 AM »
Netflix:

Looks like Marky Mark is involved in a remake of Shooter, the Stephen Hunter Point of Impact film adaptation... (btw, if anyone else knows Hunter, he needs to be on this forum...)

I recommend Xtreme, and watch it in the Spanish...

I hear good things about Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness - animated thing, on the list

Extraction - excellent shoot everything and let the editor sort it out

Blog under construction

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: So... What's on?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 07:23:24 AM »
I'm holding out for season 2 of Firefly.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 09:52:35 AM »
"Shooter" was an awful film butchering of a great book.

I would like to see a remake that was closer to the actual book.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 10:14:02 AM »

Don't think you would want it made today.
Mal would come out as quad-gender and starts prancing around in a dildo butt monkey suit at libraries.
Jayne would shave his head and starts hanging around in airports.
Zoe and Shepherd will start demanding reparations from the other members of the crew and start their own country with lots of good soil on a water less air less asteroid.
Wash will reveal he's been an alien this whole time and that he's on a mission to destroy humanity to save the universe from climate change and that the only thing stopping him is that he likes pizza.
Kaylee will get a sex change, grow a beard, then become a lumberjack while Simon and him go off to raise a family. They name their it's Hillary and Kamala.
Oh and Inare? She moved in with me.  =D

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:34:41 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 01:46:04 PM »

Don't think you would want it made today.
Mal would come out as quad-gender and starts prancing around in a dildo butt monkey suit at libraries.
Jayne would shave his head and starts hanging around in airports.
Zoe and Shepherd will start demanding reparations from the other members of the crew and start their own country with lots of good soil on a water less air less asteroid.
Wash will reveal he's been an alien this whole time and that he's on a mission to destroy humanity to save the universe from climate change and that the only thing stopping him is that he likes pizza.
Kaylee will get a sex change, grow a beard, then become a lumberjack while Simon and him go off to raise a family. They name their it's Hillary and Kamala.

You jest... but Disney now owns Firefly as part of their Fox acquisition.  And they have been exploring a reboot of that franchise.  Be very afraid.

We're binge-watching Archer from the beginning right now.  There was a couple seasons in the last few years that turned me off to the show.  Archer was in a coma and the show was all happening in his coma-dreams, so character development was inconsistent and the crescendo of in-jokes that are a hallmark of that show just got thrown off.  But supposedly he's awakened from that coma in the latest season, so we're catching back up.

Rick and Morty is epic.  Can't recommend enough.

Loki was meh, along with all the Disney+ MCU stuff.  Don't recommend.  I'm gonna get hate-squashed for saying it, but it's basically a cascade of women making problems and not only not being held accountable for it, but being praised for their "sacrifices" they made while making problems.  Wanda Maximov, Freckle Face Girl, and Girl Loki.  Black Widow was meh.  Not excited at all for MCU phase 4.  We're getting girl Thor, lesbian Valkyrie/CaptainMarvel.  Very unimpressed with Falcon becoming Captain America.  I like Sam... but he's preachy and haughty as Cap.  Rogers led.  Not seeing the same type of leadership and commitment from Sam.

Marky Mark also did a flick called Infinity that was kind of interesting.  Can't remember if it's Amazon or Netflix.  Highlander-esque, but rebirth (into a new body with a new look and even new ethnicity, though gender always seems to be the same).  Was a fun brainless movie.  Didn't feel preachy, which is rare for today.

On Youtube, I'm enjoying a channel from a European gal that goes by ItchyBoots.  Travel-vlog on motorcycle, through Asia and Africa and elsewhere.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 01:51:07 PM »
Bogie, are you saying the new Shooter movie will be the same circumstance but done over?  Or are you saying they are going to make a new movie based on one of the other of Mr. Hunter's novels?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 02:54:45 PM »
Amazon dropped the trailer for the next season of The Grand Tour.  Show drops July 30.

https://youtu.be/eU2qTumPxf0

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 05:26:07 PM »
Archer was in a coma and the show was all happening in his coma-dreams, so character development was inconsistent and the crescendo of in-jokes that are a hallmark of that show just got thrown off. 

Like Arrested Development?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »
Shooter looks to be the same story. Rebooted.

Sigh.

You know what would be interesting made today? Friday.
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 06:11:14 PM »

In your dreams.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 07:52:00 PM »
In your dreams.

We've all had that dream.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 08:19:47 PM »
The very best part of the original Shooter was Levon Helm's part.  They'll never be able to do that scene that well ever again. :old:  "...still got the shovel..."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw