Author Topic: THE SALAD BAR IS BACK AT MY LOCAL GROCERY STORE!  (Read 391 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
THE SALAD BAR IS BACK AT MY LOCAL GROCERY STORE!
« on: July 19, 2021, 06:41:52 AM »
That is the one thing that I have missed most of all. In the summer especially I would get myself a salad for lunch or dinner (or sometimes both) several days a week.  Quick, easy, filling, and I didn't have to cook.

Covid stopped that. Yes, I occasionally got bagged salad mix, but it was just so convenient to be able to swing by the store, take 2 minutes to throw a salad together, grab what else I needed, and immediately have dinner when I got home. No muss, no fuss, no dirty dishes or counters.

I saw the bar yesterday when I went in. I almost shed tears of joy...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: THE SALAD BAR IS BACK AT MY LOCAL GROCERY STORE!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 10:28:23 AM »
"My" grocery store doesn't have decent salads, but after the post office and that store, on the way home I stop at the drive in of Burger King and get two "small side salads with Ranch dressing."  Eat one that evening, the other lasts a day more in the fridge, still crisp but not at its best.  Beyond that, it's just "still-edible organic material."

I consider that my "leafy greens" MDR.

I haven't been weighing myself lately, started to notice the buttonholes on my shirts were getting smaller, discovered I was over 200lb.   Started to cut back intake a little bit at the time and went after a couple of my favorite habit-things like cheese and mayo and milk, dropped 5 lbs on the scale, and the buttonholes started to get bigger again.

Oh, and the floors in this old building stopped creaking so much... usually as I go through or pass by doors.  I've kept my nearly-daily weight records for many many years, found that if I stopped the nearly-daily weigh-in, my buttonholes started to shrink.  Lately (a year or so), what with other crap going on, that regularity became less of a priority, hence the buttonhole shrinking  and floor creaking.

Terry
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 10:43:35 AM by 230RN »

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 12:31:29 PM »
Local Chinese buffet is fully open here.  Bout damn time!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 01:18:49 PM »
And I just decided where I'm gonna go for 2nd Lunch...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 01:22:36 PM »
I have yet to find a good Chinese place here within reasonable driving distance for take-out. There have to be some, but I guess I haven't gotten to them yet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 01:56:02 PM »
There's a really good Chinese place near my office. It's been there for years, but I never knew about it before a coworker mentioned it to me after I started working here.

Friday evening my friends from Iowa wanted to go for Chinese, so I took them there.

I had the Lemon Chicken, they split Sweet and Sour Chicken and we split a platter of Crab Rangoon.

The Lemon Chicken was just a tiny bit over done, but the flavor was great.

The Sweet and Sour, though, was absolutely spot on perfect. Not the sauce wasn't sickeningly sweet and the chicken was perfectly cooked.

The Crab Rangoon was good, but was light on crab and very heavy on the onions. My friend Dave isn't a big fan of onions, so he didn't care for it, but his wife Wendy loved it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.