Author Topic: 52 years ago today, July 20th, 1969.  (Read 568 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
52 years ago today, July 20th, 1969.
« on: July 20, 2021, 01:06:40 PM »
On July 20th, 1969, three elite US military officers arrived at the Earth's closest neighbor.
When they completed their mission and returned home there was nothing left alive on the moon.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: 52 years ago today, July 20th, 1969.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 01:30:44 PM »
On July 20th, 1969, three elite US military officers arrived at the Earth's closest neighbor.
When they completed their mission and returned home there was nothing left alive on the moon.

And planted the fascist flag of oppression and racism flag while they were there.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 05:21:29 PM »

:lol:

And planted the fascist flag of oppression and racism flag while they were there.

And the redundant flag of redundancy.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 05:42:32 PM »
Wife1 and I and our newborn Son1 were invited over to a friend's house to watch the landing "in color."

At the time, anyone with a color TV was sure to mention it.

Of course, the actual moon transmissions were in black and white.

I heard, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

Now, maybe I mentally inserted the "a," but my hearing was a lot better back then.  I don't know why the controversy evolved, but that's what I heard with my own baby blue ears.

On color TV, mind you. :)

Terry

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 05:49:23 PM »

Might as well, after all they were an invading alien force. Isn't that the way of all invaders into land newly discovered?;)

bob

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 06:20:25 PM »
Y'all are acting like the Moon isn't a hologram being broadcast onto the sacred ether by the Lemurians that still live on their sunken continent. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 08:17:59 PM »
Found the meme -

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 11:32:08 PM »
They want you to believe that . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VvUts9o6nc
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 12:57:40 AM »
Y'all are acting like the Moon isn't a hologram being broadcast onto the sacred ether by the Lemurians that still live on their sunken continent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBaHppmhTQ
I would have thought that was a joke until I happened to catch this guy on the subject.  Don't know who he is.  Just popped up on the channel.  About halfway in he starts talking about water in space and the moon being an optical illusion to hide something.  I had to stop at that point.  Not sure why that did it since he had already talked about 1.5 kilometer tall giants. 
The part about the lunar wave was just funny. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge