Author Topic: Why can't liberals understand math?  (Read 1266 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Why can't liberals understand math?
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2021, 11:20:44 AM »
It was a perfect propaganda storm... The Chinese HAD to have a lot of victims to cover for removing the Hong Kong problem. Everything about it was exaggerated, and we bought it all. I'm still seeing folks wearing multiple masks, and whatever gloves, and side-eyeing everyone they come into contact with. They'll dance around if you sneeze. And St. Louis is a mega allergy place.
This still doesn't make sense to me.  China reports 4,636 deaths.  In Hong Kong they claim 212 deaths.  If their goal was to have "a lot of victims" to cover the murder of dissidents why are they claiming so few deaths?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2021, 11:45:49 AM »
This still doesn't make sense to me.  China reports 4,636 deaths.  In Hong Kong they claim 212 deaths.  If their goal was to have "a lot of victims" to cover the murder of dissidents why are they claiming so few deaths?

Tin foil speculation on my part here but perhaps the 4,636 and 212 numbers are the ones they couldn't cover up by other means.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2021, 12:41:40 PM »

A friend's mother died with it. She had two types of cancer and MS, and was well over 70, very frail, darn near completely bedridden. Prognosis wasn't good to start with. They think she caught it during a chemo session.

If you're not a bedridden octogenarian... then again, the outlier situations make the news. I wonder how many of the  younger people who caught it and died were killed by the treatment rather than the bug - From what I read, some patients were put on vents because the facilities thought it was a safety measure for the help regarding filtration of outgoing air... And vents kill the hell out of people. They are very hard to come back from. That's the "scarring and lasting damage" right there.

Young woman at church, has 3 family members (sister, sister's husband, and her father) hospitalized with teh Covids! now.  All 3 in ICU a while, slowly getting better.  I think father still is.  You see a picture of the family, and they're all beach ball obese.  I know the sister is diabetic.  Dad has been homebound on disability for a while (the nature of which I do not know).  So, yeah, tons of co-morbidities.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 05:31:19 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2021, 12:53:24 PM »
Young woman at church, has 3 family members (sister, her husband, and her father) hospitalized with teh Covids! now.  All 3 in ICU a while, slowly getting better.  I think father still is.  You see a picture of the family, and they're all beach ball obese.  I know the sister is diabetic.  Dad has been homebound on disability for a while (the nature of which I do not know).  So, yeah, tons of co-morbidities.

Old man at our church was a pretty good friend.  He died of the covids.  AFAIK he had no other comorbidities, he was just old.  (80-something)  He was released from the hospital and seemed to be getting much better, then died suddenly.  From what little I know of ivermectin, (it is very difficult to find info on invermectin) he would have been a good candidate for it and it might have saved him.  I think they wanted to use resveratrol on him but his oxygen was too low.  So they just gave him O2 until he got better, then sent him home with an O2 generator once he didn't need such a high flow rate.
"It's good, though..."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2021, 03:08:15 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2021, 03:10:57 PM »
A high paying job at the IRS awaits that person
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2021, 10:38:26 PM »
It was reported that the cloud from the crematoriums was huge... Oh, and if it wasn't so bad, why did we get the video of the whole "moon suit dragging people off the street" bit...

If it bleeds, it leads.
Blog under construction