Author Topic: Not a happy camper  (Read 441 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Not a happy camper
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »
Hurricane Ida went through here the evening of Wednesday, September 1. Everything went out at 9:30 p.m. -- a tree fell and took down all the wires from the street to the house. Power company had me back up and running by 1:00 p.m. on Friday. As bad as they are, the telephone company had me back in business by the following Tuesday.

Cable Internet? The cable company blew me off again today. This makes the fourth "appointment" since hurricane Ida (September 1) that they have failed to keep. Last Wednesday I took off an entire day from work in order to be here when the "technician" arrived -- and nobody arrived, nobody called, nobody texted.

There has to be some other option -- but the telephone company isn't it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Not a happy camper
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 11:22:31 PM »
You're not going to be paying for any of the time of the outage at a minimum, right?

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Not a happy camper
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 07:15:02 PM »
You're not going to be paying for any of the time of the outage at a minimum, right?

\I am 100% certain that they will bill me the normal monthly rate, and then I'll have to fight to get a credit on a future bill.

It gets even worse (which I didn't think possible): They are apparently UNregulated in my state. The Public Utilities control authority says they don't regulate cable Internet, contact the Department of Consumer Protection. Consumer Protection says "they are licensed, that's all we regulate."

[Expletive deleted]

https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=64508.0

Can't wait for Starlink to get to my area. It's a bit of a hit up-front, but if it will free me from this cable company from Hell it'll be worth it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design