Author Topic: Any plumbers here?  (Read 1167 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Any plumbers here?
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2021, 08:37:53 AM »
I have freeze proof Iowa brand hydrants that have survived minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit. I rebuilt one that was acting up but you can pull and rebuild from the top without excavating the whole thing. IIRC the rebuild kit was about $19.

I knew tons of people with at least one of those, many with multiple ones, when I was growing up in Pennsylvania. An absolutely classic design.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2021, 11:47:12 AM »
On the farm, we had spigots outside that were buried about 4' or so underground, and the only "mechanism" was a lever on top to pull the stuff down low.
Blog under construction

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »
On the farm, we had spigots outside that were buried about 4' or so underground, and the only "mechanism" was a lever on top to pull the stuff down low.
Pretty sure that's what Kingcreek was talking about.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »
Pretty sure that's what Kingcreek was talking about.

Yup. Those are what I have too, though not the brand he mentioned. Maybe mine can already be serviced his way, but I'm waiting till they break before I find out.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."