Author Topic: scotus 2nd amendment case  (Read 978 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
scotus 2nd amendment case
« on: July 27, 2021, 12:34:02 AM »
interesting take on the subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2i568vFjkU
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: scotus 2nd amendment case
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »
Some people should not make YouTube videos.

Case in point.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 10:22:09 AM »
 :facepalm:   For some reason I am no longer getting audio over you tube.  It's not my device as it still plays other audio sources ..... :mad:   =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 12:49:22 PM »
:facepalm:   For some reason I am no longer getting audio over you tube.  It's not my device as it still plays other audio sources ..... :mad:   =|
I believe I have seen that.  I think a reboot fixed it.  I figured my phone got fouled up switching blue tooth audio around.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 05:06:21 PM »
I have heard this case come up on youtube commentary a few times.   I really don't want to put any hope on this at all.  I figure the most likely outcome will not be a big precedent setting decision. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 05:56:13 PM »
The best we can really hope for is a razor thin, narrowly applied ruling that only affects the targeted case in the most limited fashion that could be considered a "victory" for 2A.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 11:11:27 PM »
Frankly, unless a miracle happens and the Supreme Court rejects permit requirements altogether, the supreme court will declare that govs "shall issue" permits- and NY will continue going on making it as expensive and difficult as humanly possible to get them... and almost no one will.  And all courts will declare year long waiting periods, hundreds of dollars in fees, doctor's certificates, registration, etc etc "reasonable."

Here are the obscene regulations for NYC gun ownership:

https://newyorkcityguns.com/getting-a-nyc-firearms-permit/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 12:18:46 AM »

If only voting was that easy. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 12:42:21 AM »
Some people should not make YouTube videos.

Case in point.

Not so much. He does alright.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 11:46:22 PM »
Frankly, unless a miracle happens and the Supreme Court rejects permit requirements altogether, the supreme court will declare that govs "shall issue" permits- and NY will continue going on making it as expensive and difficult as humanly possible to get them... and almost no one will.  And all courts will declare year long waiting periods, hundreds of dollars in fees, doctor's certificates, registration, etc etc "reasonable."

that is most likely the premise permit, it allows one to be in your residence, its not a carry permit
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 08:32:42 PM »
SCOTUS will rule that the 2A means exactly what is says...that for states to be able to field a militia, in order for the states to remain free and secure, all firearm rules and laws from the .fed gov and the state gov. are hereby ruled unconstitutional and any infringements and any new regulatory laws shall not be proposed or passed henceforth.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 10:21:06 PM »
SCOTUS will rule that the 2A means exactly what is says...that for states to be able to field a militia, in order for the states to remain free and secure, all firearm rules and laws from the .fed gov and the state gov. are hereby ruled unconstitutional and any infringements and any new regulatory laws shall not be proposed or passed henceforth.

Yay!  We win!!!!  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2021, 11:49:56 PM »

Extremely unlikely.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2021, 01:41:52 AM »

From your keyboard to G-d's screen, amen.

CCs to the illiterate Justices.

With a footnote that all the yeahbuts, whatifs, OMGs, wecan'tletthems, were hashed out and any compromises necessary carefully considered by very wise men before the finalized Second Amendment was put to paper and adopted by the Congress.

They say, they say, that they could not foresee the terrible implements of war and the advanced technology of today...  Nay, I say.  They were indeed looking forward to.... today.

Today, when governments have been known to use chemical weapons on their own populations, and have committed genocide...

Today.

Terry, 230RN

REF (A sample.  Other references abound.  Scroll down about a third of the page to the genocide chart):

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/deathgc.htm#chart

Today.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 06:08:41 AM by 230RN »