Author Topic: Czech Republic Passes Constitutional Amendment: Right to Self Defense with Arms  (Read 910 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/07/czech-republic-passes-constitutional-amendment-right-to-self-defense-with-arms/#ixzz71qWOdwld
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Czech Republic Passes Constitutional Amendment: Right to Self Defense with Arms

The article takes some time to get to the meat of the story. 
Czech lawmakers approved an amendment that will enshrine the right to use a weapon in self-defense in the Czech constitution – a new right that will be included in the country’s Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms.

It sounds like it won't supercede EU laws/regulations, but it might set up ways to get around them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
They merely affirmed the right by putting it in their constitution - they already had shall issue licenses previously for the common man, both for ownership and carrying for defense.

This is more interesting:
Maybe you ask why this additional constitution law helps us to secure our civil gun ownership against EU restrictions, because EU restrictions are more powerful than basic laws of EU countries – this constitutional right is just first step. The second step, which will follow and already is in our parliament and senate for discussion is, that the our government – especially our Ministry of Interior affairs in, collaboration with Ministry of Defense, make a project which is called “defined state backups” and that means that all gun owners can sign to a special training with guns covered by state armed forces. This course should deepen the civil gun owners skills to defend lives before special police forces arrives. It is our reaction on terrorism and the cases with active shooter in schools, public areas, etc. We know that the police cannot be everywhere. That means that all the gun owners which undertake this training and make a promise, will become let’s say part of interior security. The interior security is one of a fields where EU has no rights and then we can say – OK, you cannot tell us which kind of guns or size of magazines we can have, because this is strictly in our competition for our internal safety.
Basically, with recent EU laws, they restricted things like military style semi-auto rifles, pistol magazines over 20 rounds, rifle magazines over 10 rounds etc. Exceptions were made for what is essentially the militia. So by doing this, they can ensure that everyone can still have comparatively easy access to modern rifles and full capacity magazines.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Googles Czech Zillow.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Do they want to get flooded by gun-loving American anywheres? Cuz that's how you get flooded by gun-loving American anywheres.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Keep in mind that the Czech constitution was amended by their legislature.  What new rights their legislature has given, they can easily take away.
I'm not saying their new firearms rights are bad, just that they are not very secure.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
Plus I am sure there would be give and take as far as laws and regulations to deal with. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
Not sure on their laws but it can be much harder to become a citizen of some countries.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Googles Czech Zillow.

Ha-ha!  I was going to wisecrack that some of our Idahoan members might take special note of this event. =D

Come to think of it, some of our lawmakers should take note of some of the terrorism justifications.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
So if you have a Czecherd past does that make it easier or harder to get a permit in this case?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
So if you have a Czecherd past does that make it easier or harder to get a permit in this case?

:rofl:

Not bad.  Not bad at all.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis

There is nothing in the new amendment that protects your right to bear bad puns.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Careful, some consider bad puns hate speech  :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Careful, some consider bad puns hate speech  :rofl:
The EU is trying to take action against right-wing memes, because they hate the truth. With my meme collection, I can look forward to spending the next 800 years in prison. :laugh:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
The EU is trying to take action against right-wing memes, because they hate the truth. With my meme collection, I can look forward to spending the next 800 years in prison. :laugh:
Poke around in http://herohog.com/images/ and see my stockpiles
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
Poke around in http://herohog.com/images/ and see my stockpiles
My company doesn't like your site.   =D
This website does not comply with the ____ ______ digital policy

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!