Main Forums > Politics

The idea of moving is not appealing, but getting less unappealing

(1/6) > >>

sumpnz:
https://thepostmillennial.com/we-wont-be-coming-washington-state-police-reform-goes-into-effect-law-enforcement-warns-of-consequences

This going to make the Olympia-Everett corridor even more unlivable.  Only question is how bad it will get in outlying areas like where I live.

Hawkmoon:
The inmates are running the asylum in Washington.

RocketMan:
They might as well disband all the police departments and sheriff offices because they are no longer going to be able to do their jobs.

AmbulanceDriver:
Oregon is right there with them.... I think Oregon California and Washington are all trying to "out-woke" each other....  Every day moving out of this state gets, like you said - not more appealing per se, just less unappealing.

sumpnz:
Problem is, where to go?  I’ve lived just about everywhere at one time or another.  Not sure I could take the summer heat or winter cold of the politically decent parts of the country.  I’d happily go live in NZ (Christchurch) again as the climate is quite similar, except their politics are even worse than here on the left coast.  Maybe the western NC/east TN area would be tolerable for climate.  But, no comparable jobs for me there, and for my wife it would be a non-starter with no family even vaguely close by.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version