Author Topic: The idea of moving is not appealing, but getting less unappealing  (Read 1455 times)

sumpnz

• friend
https://thepostmillennial.com/we-wont-be-coming-washington-state-police-reform-goes-into-effect-law-enforcement-warns-of-consequences

This going to make the Olympia-Everett corridor even more unlivable.  Only question is how bad it will get in outlying areas like where I live.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The idea of moving is not appealing, but getting less unappealing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 11:27:19 PM »
The inmates are running the asylum in Washington.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 11:32:01 PM »
They might as well disband all the police departments and sheriff offices because they are no longer going to be able to do their jobs.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 11:51:40 PM »
Oregon is right there with them.... I think Oregon California and Washington are all trying to "out-woke" each other....  Every day moving out of this state gets, like you said - not more appealing per se, just less unappealing.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 11:58:34 PM »
Problem is, where to go?  I’ve lived just about everywhere at one time or another.  Not sure I could take the summer heat or winter cold of the politically decent parts of the country.  I’d happily go live in NZ (Christchurch) again as the climate is quite similar, except their politics are even worse than here on the left coast.  Maybe the western NC/east TN area would be tolerable for climate.  But, no comparable jobs for me there, and for my wife it would be a non-starter with no family even vaguely close by.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 12:02:25 AM »
So when they get rid of police, and it doesn't work, and things get worse, will they just pass more laws and make more stuff illegal?

Even without cops, prosecutors can still go after normal people.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 02:15:18 AM »
You guys seem confused.  Who exactly do you think the police exist to protect?  Hint: It's not you.

You are exactly as safe after this law passed as before.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 02:35:52 AM »
So when they get rid of police, and it doesn't work, and things get worse, will they just pass more laws and make more stuff illegal?

Even without cops, prosecutors can still go after normal people.
The end goal is not to get rid of the police. The end goal is to replace the current police with a new force that is loyal to them. Probably one that is federally controlled.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 06:52:48 AM »
Anyone remember what crime levels were like back in the 1970s in most of the big cities in the country?

Here we go again, only the Dems are bringing those crime rates out of the cities and taking them state wide.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 08:25:27 AM »
I feel way worse for normal people in OR and WA than I do for those in CA. At least in CA, the commie is pretty distributed throughout the state, so it's kinda like, "Well, what do you expect?" OR and WA are getting killed by tiny little geographic pockets that are affecting like 95%, geographically, of their states where residents want nothing to do with commie policies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 08:51:46 AM »
Anyone remember what crime levels were like back in the 1970s in most of the big cities in the country?

Here we go again, only the Dems are bringing those crime rates out of the cities and taking them state wide.
Do they still show Death Wish on TV?  I wonder if people realize the world that movie portrayed was pretty close to reality.  Including the part where the the police/prosecutors went out of their way to hunt down a vigilante, but didn't care much about actual criminals.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 08:57:15 AM »
The end goal is not to get rid of the police. The end goal is to replace the current police with a new force that is loyal to them. Probably one that is federally controlled.
I am not sure if all of them have that goal or just some.  I think most of them are self absorbed elitists who are doing/saying whatever they think they need to in order to stay in power and keep the money flowing.

We saw part of that in Minneapolis.  The city council cut funding to the police and then voted to spend money on security for themselves. 

I have just heard some people joke that police are their to keep vigilantes from going after criminals.  We need to remember that the prosecutors and whatever is left after police are defunded will still go after vigilantes. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 08:59:24 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2021, 09:52:20 AM »
Do they still show Death Wish on TV?  I wonder if people realize the world that movie portrayed was pretty close to reality.  Including the part where the the police/prosecutors went out of their way to hunt down a vigilante, but didn't care much about actual criminals.

I'm thinking more like The Star Chamber...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2021, 10:04:14 AM »
I'm thinking more like The Star Chamber...

That went sideways fairly quickly, as I recall .....  :police:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2021, 10:10:56 AM »
Yeah, but the overall intent was... good...

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 12:34:37 PM »
I am not sure if all of them have that goal or just some.  I think most of them are self absorbed elitists who are doing/saying whatever they think they need to in order to stay in power and keep the money flowing.

We saw part of that in Minneapolis.  The city council cut funding to the police and then voted to spend money on security for themselves. 

I have just heard some people joke that police are their to keep vigilantes from going after criminals.  We need to remember that the prosecutors and whatever is left after police are defunded will still go after vigilantes.

They keep pushing things the way they are the vigilantes might start going after prosecutors and their lackeys along with the other crooks.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 01:40:06 PM »
They keep pushing things the way they are the vigilantes might start going after prosecutors and their lackeys along with the other crooks.
I think you might be right.

That is a big line to cross also.  Not only would it set a precedent that would be repeated, wherever it happens would see all sorts of heavy response from the Feds and state cops.  I think that sort of thing might be a precursor to things starting to either unwind or get fixed.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 02:18:41 PM »
I think you might be right.

That is a big line to cross also.  Not only would it set a precedent that would be repeated, wherever it happens would see all sorts of heavy response from the Feds and state cops.  I think that sort of thing might be a precursor to things starting to either unwind or get fixed.

Once that starts it’s extremely difficult to claw our way back.  I think that would be the sign of the boogie getting started for real.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2021, 02:50:14 PM »
Guy steals guns in Idaho, goes to WA. WA police won't/can't help due to new laws and "probable cause".

"Obviously the new laws will affect immediate needs unless probable cause exists but that can even be a grey area. As you saw on the Facebook post we sometime reach out to other agencies, especially Washington, to contact individuals for us to do welfare checks or some type of notification. At this point, it sounds like they may not be able to do that anymore," KCSO's Lt. Ryan Higgins said

https://www.khq.com/news/idaho-deputies-unable-to-track-down-suspect-who-crossed-into-washington-citing-new-policing-laws/article_39aed4f0-ee53-11eb-a4a2-d31d6787235f.html

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2021, 03:20:00 PM »
"reform"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2021, 03:29:41 PM »
Guy steals guns in Idaho, goes to WA. WA police won't/can't help due to new laws and "probable cause".

https://www.khq.com/news/idaho-deputies-unable-to-track-down-suspect-who-crossed-into-washington-citing-new-policing-laws/article_39aed4f0-ee53-11eb-a4a2-d31d6787235f.html

Shared with an Idaho resident, who replied, "At least it gets them out of Idaho.  Thanks Washington!"
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2021, 03:45:05 PM »
Move to CZ
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2021, 03:52:10 PM »
A guy admitted to stealing guns and that is not probable cause? 

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2021, 03:53:37 PM »
A guy admitted to stealing guns and that is not probable cause?

He didn't admit it in WA apparently!  =|

The nuts are running the asylum.

bob