Author Topic: RIP Dusty Hill (ZZ Top bassist)  (Read 322 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
RIP Dusty Hill (ZZ Top bassist)
« on: July 28, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »
Didn't expect that. He was no spring chicken but 72 isn't old these days. No mention of cause but remember seeing something in the last few days about an injury that was keeping him from performing.

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/07/28/zz-tops-dusty-hill-dies-age-72/?fbclid=IwAR08qM--qSBezbNC7gvf6nPq4yfPJig-Ag-3o7i4TdKSI5RN6qJabRz6bIs

RIP

Brad
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:10:13 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Andiron

• friend
Re: RIP Dusty Hill (ZZ Top bassist)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 04:47:29 PM »
Absolute legend.

RIP
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: RIP Dusty Hill (ZZ Top bassist)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 06:45:16 PM »
I worked security at a ZZ Top concert in the 1970s. They had a Brahma bull with them that they brought out on stage at the end of the concert just to knock stuff over. Wild.
They were great musicians especially dusty and the drummer but I thought they were a better studio band than stage. They were a small band and filled in a lot of tracks in studio.
What we have here is failure to communicate.