Author Topic: What would start the next civil war?  (Read 5571 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: What would start the next civil war?
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2021, 10:08:03 PM »
Not happening, there isn't a large enough group willing to risk everything to possibly lose everything.

The goal of many leftests is to burn down everything.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2021, 11:08:16 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2021, 11:26:32 PM »
Yeah I got a nice Springfield.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2021, 01:12:56 AM »
At this point? It will be someone shooting social justice warriors (i.e., someone unloads on a mob about to burn his house/business), and then the government going major crackdown.
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2021, 01:18:17 AM »
Look behind the curtain of the capital gains transfer tax upon death proposed in the "american families plan"/reconciliation bill  This rises to that level for me.  The .gov between state and fed would take literally greater than half of my family's farm when my folks pass.  And that's before you even start talking about the estate tax.  This leads to forced liquidation.  Who buys?  Either big Ag, or if another current proposal gets legs, "socially disadvantaged" farmers using money stolen from me in taxes and given to them to buy my farm.  That may indeed be my rubicon.

I wonder if they're also hoping to fragment families? Because I've noticed, more than a few times, the children of prosperous farmers/business owners utterly destroying things when it gets toward probate...
Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2021, 03:49:55 AM »
I wonder if they're also hoping to fragment families? Because I've noticed, more than a few times, the children of prosperous farmers/business owners utterly destroying things when it gets toward probate...

Destroying the family has always been the goal.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2021, 06:33:08 AM »
IMHO even outright government seizure of 401(k) funds wouldn't cause a civil war - but a great many government officials (elected and otherwise) would find that however much taxpayer money they were spending on their own security, it wasn't enough.

If someone - or, possibly, several someones - unloads on a mob about to burn their homes/businesses and .gov orders the constabulary to get them, well . . . if the constabulary agrees and essentially decides to act as a security detail for the mob . . .  things will get very ugly very fast.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »
Start? It’s already started.

When will it go hot beyond lefties burning their cities down is the question. Pretty much everything has a building period where things start to accelerate quicker and quicker after the “slow boil” period is over. We are in that period. The American Revolution and the Civil War had that period. Rhodesia had it. South Africa is in it.

We have some disturbing things going on right now. Openly fraudulent election, Big Tech not just complying with government censorship but rushing to voluntarily make it happen, the rule of law collapsing (everywhere, not just the whacko cities/states), absolutely crushing people for a spicy walkthrough of the Capital but doing nothing to rioters who literally murder, assault, and commit arson, Antifa/BLM functioning as a terrorism wing of the Democrat party,
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2021, 09:03:37 AM »
I must again bring up Kurt Schlichter's fictitious Kelly Turnbull series on the splitting of America to red and blue states. The sixth book just dropped on my Kindle. It goes back in time a bit to the beginnings of the split. I look forward to reading it.

As I have read his books, I have continued to think, "Geez Kurt, dial down the over the top stuff concerning the progressives. It's becoming unbelievable." Then a half year or a year later, he turns out to be prescient. Over the top crazy stuff in his fictitious books ends up happening in real life.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2021, 10:40:10 AM »
I like Tim Pool’s Timcast podcast series but he is starting to sound chicken littlish on the civil war thing. I think if we see a second fraudulent election leading to total democrat control and continued media and social media bias and censorship it could get interesting. So far, the wealthy are minimally effected and the poor are mostly satisfied. The middle class continues to take the hits.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2021, 11:04:59 AM »
You know what could trigger ACW II? Trump winning 2024. The dems would go nuts! Kind of like they did after the 1860 election.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2021, 02:57:56 PM »
You know what could trigger ACW II? Trump winning 2024. The dems would go nuts! Kind of like they did after the 1860 election.

Ok, this actually might do it. 

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2021, 10:49:10 AM »
I believe history will repeat itself. You know, shades of 1776...

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2021, 11:54:20 AM »
Full on civil war?  I doubt you could get a large enough group to form an army on one or both sides.  There is a large majority in America that rests in the middle of all of this, most of us included.  We just want to live our lives, no matter if we vote R, D, or a little of both.  We want a good life, and a better life for our kids.

What I could see is guerilla type actions, if either or both extremes organize.  Attacks on one side by the other, similar to some of the gangs we are seeing in the big metro areas.  Maybe one side or the other gets foggy and takes shots at .gov.  Like terrorist attacks (i.e. Timothy McVeigh style attacks).  As a .gov employee, that thought scares me.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2021, 12:16:52 PM »

We are at war, but most do not see it yet because it is not the conventional  illustrations. Nevertheless, everything we were taught to believe in as American citizens is under concerted attack.

Hyper inflation would do it. Not going to matter how much money is available, either in back account or EBT card- still won't buy anything.

A bad ADE effect from the jabs might do it, or enforced injections.

It will not look like the war between the states, more like Bosnia or Ruwanda- ethnic cleansing-maybe like the Finnish Civil war in 1918.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2021, 12:23:11 PM »
Full on civil war?  I doubt you could get a large enough group to form an army on one or both sides.  There is a large majority in America that rests in the middle of all of this, most of us included.  We just want to live our lives, no matter if we vote R, D, or a little of both.  We want a good life, and a better life for our kids.

What I could see is guerilla type actions, if either or both extremes organize.  Attacks on one side by the other, similar to some of the gangs we are seeing in the big metro areas.  Maybe one side or the other gets foggy and takes shots at .gov.  Like terrorist attacks (i.e. Timothy McVeigh style attacks).  As a .gov employee, that thought scares me.
Yep.  Lots of people would be caught in the cross fire if stuff like that starts happening.  You would see the same thing with police and all sorts of groups that are labeled as for or against.

Look at the police who have been murdered in recent years.  To my knowledge, none of them were personally responsible for any particular wrongdoing.  They were just targets of opportunity. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2021, 07:50:45 PM »
Well rent is due. This could be a very exciting month. If hundreds of thousands of people lose their home it is not going to be pretty.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2021, 11:48:21 PM »
With reference to your 401 or savings accounts or traditional/Roth IRAs, don't forget what happened a few years ago in - IIRC - Cyprus.  The Greek government raided peoples accounts and seized as much as 75% of the values in an effort to bail out the Greek government.
Do NOT say "It can't happen here." !!
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2021, 05:10:43 AM »
With reference to your 401 or savings accounts or traditional/Roth IRAs, don't forget what happened a few years ago in - IIRC - Cyprus.  The Greek government raided peoples accounts and seized as much as 75% of the values in an effort to bail out the Greek government.

Remember Biden is already eyeing 401ks they are just trying to figure out how to make it sound helpful.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2021, 10:44:56 PM »
Well rent is due. This could be a very exciting month. If hundreds of thousands of people lose their home it is not going to be pretty.

That should have started things last year. Thankfully I am not a landlord. How in the America did someone twist up a legal rationale for an unelected government agency to suspend contract law? Bigger assault on the rule of law than all the Portland weirdos ever.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2021, 12:34:03 AM »

Yup, I and many others stated then that it was testing the waters.

I also remember a guy driving a front loader through a bank front.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2021, 10:21:41 AM »
Maxine Waters
@RepMaxineWaters
I don't buy that the CDC can't extend the eviction moratorium - something it has already done in the past! Who is going to stop them? Who is going to penalize them? There is no official ruling saying that they cannot extend this moratorium. C'mon CDC - have a heart! Just do it!

"Who is going to stop them?"

If we DO have a civil war, crap like this out of DC will be the impetus.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/08/03/beauty-fades-dumb-is-forever-maxine-waters-dropped-for-trying-to-throw-the-cdc-under-the-bus-because-she-didnt-do-her-job/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2021, 10:47:18 AM »

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/08/03/beauty-fades-dumb-is-forever-maxine-waters-dropped-for-trying-to-throw-the-cdc-under-the-bus-because-she-didnt-do-her-job/
The problem I have with that opinion is the part that it would require specific Congressional authorization to do that.  IMO, Congress does not have the authority to do that (or shouldn't) in the first place.  In the second, Congress should not be able to endlessly delegate its authority to federal bureaucracies. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2021, 11:49:57 AM »

Like the garbageman complaining the mailman isn't picking up the trash.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »
The war is over, long over. We're experiencing the mopping up right now.

Hopefully, they leave us older folks alone, to just fade away.

I cannot imaging what the future holds for the younger generations. It won't be anything we would recognize from our youth.

Focus on The Lord Jesus, family, friends. Try and keep yourself insulated from the "shocks" we have no control over by making good decisions.

I'm just not seeing widespread hatred that can coalesce into open war. I see a defeated, exhausted and somewhat satiated people who don't share many if any cultural touchstones.

It's not a bad thing that there won't be open warfare. 

This is just my most recent reevaluation of our situation.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.