Author Topic: Pelosi Violates The Constitution And Shows Her True Dictatorial Tyranny  (Read 978 times)

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Pelosi dictates a rule that is unconstitutional, to wit: A violation of Article I Section 6, Clause 1.

[MEDIA=youtube]8_i13qymAXY[/MEDIA]

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.theblaze.com/news/capitol-police-arrest-mask-mandate-reactions-republicans?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20210729Breaking-PelosiArrestGOPStaff&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News[/URL]

Sorry, Pelosi. Since when is a violation of a dictate from you amount to treason, a felony, or a breach of the peace?

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

dogmush

• friend
Click bait post.  She clearly did not violate the referenced clause.

From the very first paragraph of your article:
Members of Congress received a bulletin from Capitol Police Chief Thomas Manger, which declared that face masks must be worn "at all times" on the House side of the Capitol complex. The new mask mandate states that everyone must wear face masks starting Thursday, even those who are fully vaccinated. The letter states that Capitol staff and visitors can be arrested for not wearing a mask.

Staff and visitors are not legislatures and not granted immunity by the COTUS.

which even the Blaze (not known for their impartial reporting) managed to slide in.

The memo noted that the mask mandate applies to Congress members, but "officers should not arrest any Member for failure to wear a mask or to comply with the mask mandate." Instead, any lawmaker who "fails to comply with a request to wear a mask should be reported to the House Sergeant at Arms' office."

Reading is fundamental.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
Oops! It might not apply to members of Congress. I'll have to look into it further. Still, Pelosi is overreaching in my opinion.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Oops! It might not apply to members of Congress. I'll have to look into it further. Still, Pelosi is overreaching in my opinion.

Woody

TL:DR version... it applies to everyone except members of Congress.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
The memo noted that the mask mandate applies to Congress members, but "officers should not arrest any Member for failure to wear a mask or to comply with the mask mandate." Instead, any lawmaker who "fails to comply with a request to wear a mask should be reported to the House Sergeant at Arms' office."

Ahem! Why report a non-mask wearing member of Congress to the House Sargent at Arms? I would consider this a violation of Article I, Section 6, Clause 1, as serious as arresting such a member. What would be the purpose other than to harass the member of Congress?

Woody

Jim147

• friends
Ahem! Why report a non-mask wearing member of Congress to the House Sargent at Arms? I would consider this a violation of Article I, Section 6, Clause 1, as serious as arresting such a member. What would be the purpose other than to harass the member of Congress?

Woody

I think they are fining them.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
I think they are fining them.

Did the House vote to adopt such a mask mandate - or any other mandate for that matter? If not that would violate Article I, Section 5, Clause 2. As much as she wants to be a dictator, she has not conquered this nation nor been granted any such power to act autonomously.

Woody

Jim147

• friends
Not sure. Did they vote on the fines for going around the metal detectors?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
Did the House vote to adopt such a mask mandate - or any other mandate for that matter? If not that would violate Article I, Section 5, Clause 2. As much as she wants to be a dictator, she has not conquered this nation nor been granted any such power to act autonomously.

Woody

https://is.gd/Lf0YBk

"That's the decision from the Capitol physician, a mandate from him," Pelosi told reporters. "I have nothing to say about that, except we honor it."

In a directive issued Tuesday night, The Office of the Attending Physician, Dr. Brian Monahan, said it was now required that all members and staff wear "medical-grade" masks throughout the House, unless members are speaking in the halls of the House or individuals are alone.

Members and staff will once again be prohibited from stepping on the floor to vote without a mask, or risk incurring fines.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to dig through all the legislative rules that have been adopted, but I'd bet a 6-pack there is one that says some version of "The house will follow the directions of our Physician on health matters."  So yes, it was voted upon.

I actually hate Pelosi with the fire of 1000 suns, but the kneejerk over reactions to and ctastraphizing of every little thing the other party does is not only annoying but it leads directly to the social rift in America, and is one reason I am convinced we're heading to bullets.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."