Author Topic: Australian Army Deployed to Enforce Covid Lockdown in Sydney  (Read 552 times)

fifth_column

• friend
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58021718

The article doesn't mention how many troops will be provided, but it does state that "unarmed patrols" will begin on Monday.

I guess Australia doesn't have anything like the posse comitatus.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Australian Army Deployed to Enforce Covid Lockdown in Sydney
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »
Unarmed, but that is a big deal.  I don't see it getting better there either.  I thought we saw here that lockdowns don't really improve things. 
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Australian Army Deployed to Enforce Covid Lockdown in Sydney
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:09:09 AM »
The article states: "Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement."

So what exactly the army, or lockdowns in general, can do to stop the spread is minimal anyway.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht