Author Topic: Tesla wasn't invited to Biden's electric vehicle summit  (Read 634 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Tesla wasn't invited to Biden's electric vehicle summit
« on: August 06, 2021, 09:39:42 AM »
And guess what appears to be the reason

President Joe Biden celebrated ambitious electric vehicles goals by automakers at the White House on Thursday. But he did so without the world's largest maker of EVs: Tesla.
One potential reason for the apparent snub: The United Auto Workers union will also be at the ceremony. The UAW represents workers at GM, Ford and Stellantis, but has been battling, so far unsuccessfully, to organize Tesla workers at the EV maker's plant in Fremont, California.
Asked if Tesla being a nonunion company was the reason it wasn't included Thursday, Psaki replied, "Well, these are the three largest employers of the United Auto Workers, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions."
The Biden administration's previous statements about promoting greater use of EVs pointed to their importance in creating "good-paying, union jobs."

In other words only members of the Dem machine were invited

:facepalm:

Tesla just got snubbed by Biden's electric vehicle summit
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/business/tesla-snub-white-house-event/index.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Tesla wasn't invited to Biden's electric vehicle summit
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 12:33:20 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 12:54:18 PM »
Hmmmm . . . Biden wants half of all vehicles sold in the US to be plug ins by 2030.

Much higher need for lithium ion batteries . . . made mostly in China, right?

More business for the Chicoms . . .

I wonder what the return on investment numbers look like for all the additional battery revenue they'll be getting thanks to the Chicom representatives' "anonymous" purchase of Hunter's paintings . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 02:35:40 PM »
So when does WWIII for Africa’s resources start?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 02:49:02 PM »
So when does WWIII for Africa’s resources start?

Already happened. China won.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »
If Biden thinks that Elon feels "snubbed" I suggest the president's team should spend a little more time on Twitter.

Tesla sells almost 54% of the EV's sold in the US, and is seemingly about 10-15 years ahead on battery tech.  Not to mention the FSD architecture.  Tesla definitely has some issues as a business, but their cars aren't one of them.

The message the White House just sent was they are more interested in building crap cars* with the "right" partners than actually meeting EV usage goals or building cars that will sell.   Which now that I type it out seems pretty on brand for a Dem, and consistent with their other actions as well, so there you go.  I guess next we'll get the .gov fiddling with CAFE standards again so that the EV's are the only cars that can be sold.

*In fairness the Mach-e and F150 Lightning seem like decent vehicles, UAW or no.  The Bolt is a steaming pile of crap.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 02:58:36 PM »
Already happened. China won.

70 years of relative peace and proxy wars has made people forget that real wars can and do happen.  And they usually happen over resources.  I don't think we're past that.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 05:30:39 PM »
Musk getting snubbed doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Harris/Biden administration tightening the screws on SpaceX in an effort to edge him out of the commercial space race.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 05:45:41 PM »
70 years of relative peace and proxy wars has made people forget that real wars can and do happen.  And they usually happen over resources.  I don't think we're past that.

Yeah, there will be a real war. And since half the people in the world  live in China’s backyard it will be there. Maybe they will be dumb and fulfill a Tom Clancy prophecy and invade Russia.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.