Author Topic: Ted Nugent resigns from NRA board after 26 years  (Read 2008 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Ted Nugent resigns from NRA board after 26 years
« on: August 10, 2021, 09:58:31 AM »
Ted Nugent resigns from NRA board after 26 years, citing ‘scheduling conflicts’
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jul/31/ted-nugent-resigns-from-nra-board-after-26-years-c/

Not sure if the scheduling conflicts are real or he was uncomfortable with what is going on within the NRA.  From past interviews, he was more of a spokesman than a board member anyway.

Tom Gresham mentioned on his latest show he heard the the NRA lost its liability insurance for the board members.  He thinks we will see more board members resign soon.

Now I am curious if anything will blow up at the annual meeting in a few weeks. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Ted Nugent resigns from NRA board after 26 years
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 10:00:31 AM »
I'll be curious to see how big (or more precisely, small) the meeting is this year. I suppose it will be hard to separate "covid small" from "sick of the NRA" small, but I would expect a lot less members will be inclined to go than in previous years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 10:16:03 AM »
Scheduling conflicts?   :rofl:

From what I understand, most of the celebrity "board members" never show up for meetings anyway.  I think Ted Nugent was one of the worst offenders - as in, never showing up.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 10:28:43 AM »
The museum has also lost its AMA accreditation.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 10:38:25 AM »
Scheduling conflicts?   :rofl:

From what I understand, most of the celebrity "board members" never show up for meetings anyway.  I think Ted Nugent was one of the worst offenders - as in, never showing up.

Considering the fact that the NRA has been basically LaPierre's personal blow up doll for some time now why bother showing up.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 10:43:28 AM »
I'll be curious to see how big (or more precisely, small) the meeting is this year. I suppose it will be hard to separate "covid small" from "sick of the NRA" small, but I would expect a lot less members will be inclined to go than in previous years.
I plan to go but just to see the exhibit hall.  According to the NRAM web page, a lot of firearms companies will have tables.  That is what I want to see.  I don't care much about the NRA. 

I know two people who live in Houston that recently caught COVID.  I am thinking I need to be careful on that front.  When fewer people are there like on Friday, I don't think I will care.  The last one was packed on Saturday.  I may avoid that day.  Hopefully, the Houston city govt doesn't mess with things.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 11:20:07 AM »
Speaking as a risk manager, I serve on no boards unless directors and officers liability coverage is provided.  If the NRA is losing that insurance, I bet a bunch of board members may resign unless other liability coverage is provided.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »
26 years too late.   ;/

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 10:20:57 PM »
Speaking as a risk manager, I serve on no boards unless directors and officers liability coverage is provided.  If the NRA is losing that insurance, I bet a bunch of board members may resign unless other liability coverage is provided.

Why do board members need liability insurance?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 11:19:10 PM »
Why do board members need liability insurance?

So when the organization gets sued for misappropriation of funds or illegal activities for them like insurance, the board members don't lose their personal assets for their mal or nonfeasance.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:37:15 PM »
Can we start a Ted Rifle Association? Yeah, I know he's an idiot, but he's our idiot. Make the membership more like a moose lodge local chapters deal. Elect the least stable person grand poobah. Shoot guns and stuff.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 11:38:01 PM »
Can we start a Ted Rifle Association? Yeah, I know he's an idiot, but he's our idiot. Make the membership more like a moose lodge local chapters deal. Elect the least stable person grand poobah. Shoot guns and stuff.

Hell no.

If he has been on Wayne's BOD for 25 years and hasn't said a damn thing about the corruption.  He's just another grifter to me.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 11:56:04 PM »
Hell no.

If he has been on Wayne's BOD for 25 years and hasn't said a damn thing about the corruption.  He's just another grifter to me.

Another grifter that makes our movement look cartoonishly retarded.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 06:33:18 AM »
I would say it would entirely depend on who is actually in charge behind him.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2021, 07:19:27 AM »
Sweaty Teddy is a persona... And he is damn good at what he does. But like a lot of other folks, he's getting old...
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 07:24:21 AM »
He was useful in painting us as caricatures.

His utility has ended.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 08:40:22 AM »
So when the organization gets sued for misappropriation of funds or illegal activities for them like insurance, the board members don't lose their personal assets for their mal or nonfeasance.

Or even just simple negligence in making decisions.  A local example was a HOA that did not put a fence up around a retention pond due to esthetics.  A small child tumbled down the hill, went into the pond and drowned.  The HOA was sued and their D&O coverage provided a legal defense and paid a settlement.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 08:10:35 PM »
He was useful in painting us as caricatures.

His utility has ended.

And for the life of me,  I can't understand why he's considered a popular rocker.  I love rock and metal,  and don't get Nugent.  He's right up there with Rush for me,  just noise.

I did spend a weekend binging some hunting show he hosted, while down with a flu/fever.  Couldn't sleep and watching that while feverish during the wee hours was surreal.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 07:20:20 AM »
Teddy is far from a caricature...

"How can we sell more of this item?"

"Let's put a camo finish on it, and call it 'tactical!'"

"It's a spork..."

"So?"

and "tactical spork" sells out.

"Brilliant!"
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 09:10:07 AM »
And for the life of me,  I can't understand why he's considered a popular rocker.  I love rock and metal,  and don't get Nugent.  He's right up there with Rush for me,  just noise.

I did spend a weekend binging some hunting show he hosted, while down with a flu/fever.  Couldn't sleep and watching that while feverish during the wee hours was surreal.
I never listened to his music to any great extent.  Rush is a different matter. 

However, he is an interesting speaker to listen to when it comes to him preaching about guns and gun rights or hunting.  He might take it further than most, but he isn't boring. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 01:28:50 PM »
Or even just simple negligence in making decisions.  A local example was a HOA that did not put a fence up around a retention pond due to esthetics.  A small child tumbled down the hill, went into the pond and drowned.  The HOA was sued and their D&O coverage provided a legal defense and paid a settlement.

Which reminds me -- I wonder what kind of liability claims the insurance company for that condo in Surfside, Florida, is going to pay out. The directors themselves won't be involved, since I think all then-current members of the board died in the collapse, but the corporate entity is being sued for trainloads of money.

I also wonder about that building official who, right after the engineers warned that the deterioration was severe and critical, took it upon himself to tell the board that the building was safe.  :facepalm:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 01:47:09 PM »
Which reminds me -- I wonder what kind of liability claims the insurance company for that condo in Surfside, Florida, is going to pay out. The directors themselves won't be involved, since I think all then-current members of the board died in the collapse, but the corporate entity is being sued for trainloads of money.

I also wonder about that building official who, right after the engineers warned that the deterioration was severe and critical, took it upon himself to tell the board that the building was safe.  :facepalm:

I suspect that the corporate entity may realistically run out of insurance limits, so in that case, the plaintiffs have to look for other deep pockets.  The local government entity employing the building official would be a candidate as well as any other professionals who have inspected or rendered an opinion on the building.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 02:25:19 PM »
I was wrong. Not all members of the condo board died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfside_condominium_collapse

On June 24, 2021, a lawsuit was filed by a resident of the building against the Champlain Towers South Condominium Association, seeking $5 million in damages "due to defendant's acts and omissions and their failure to properly protect the lives and property of plaintiff and class members".[149]

On July 2, the Champlain Towers South condominium board issued a statement to the press following a judge's decision directing a receiver to release emergency assistance funds to residents of the building. The full statement read:

The surviving members of the Champlain Towers South Condominium Association board have concluded that, in the best interest of all concerned parties, an independent Receiver should be appointed to oversee the legal and claims process. The collapse of Champlain Towers South is an unspeakable tragedy that has devastated our community, our neighbors, and our friends. We are grieving and our hearts ache for those who have been lost and for their families. They have our deepest condolences. Our profound gratitude goes out to the emergency rescue personnel – professionals and volunteers alike – who have been working around the clock. We know that answers will take time as part of a comprehensive investigation and we will continue to work with city, state, local, and federal officials in their rescue efforts, and to understand the causes of this tragedy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »
I suspect that the corporate entity may realistically run out of insurance limits, so in that case, the plaintiffs have to look for other deep pockets.  The local government entity employing the building official would be a candidate as well as any other professionals who have inspected or rendered an opinion on the building.

I think you are correct. And, as a registered design professional, I find the deep pockets approach to be troubling. We might, for example, see the engineer who was working with the condo board to design repairs being sued. Why? He TOLD them they had a problem. He TOLD them it was severe, and getting worse on an escalating basis. It's impossible to predict exactly how bad is so bad that a structure will collapse. He did his job -- he should not bear any liability ... but he probably will.

I worked for years in an A/E firm that specialized in forensic investigations and building repairs. I only encountered one building that I felt was so unsafe that it should be closed ... and demolished. Before I joined the A/E firm, I worked as staff architect for a municipal public housing agency. One day the executive director took me out to look at the community building on the site of one of the projects. The building had been closed for a period of several years, for1 reasons I was not privy to.

It was a one-story, wood frame building with a huge wood truss roof. When we walked in, we saw that the ceilings had been ripped down. And then I saw that scavengers had actually gotten up in the trusses and cut out most of the diagonal struts. I told the Director that we were getting out of the building RIGHT NOW, and that it had to be condemned and demolished.

That's the funny thing. In general, buildings are engineered with enough factors of safety that even with most of the diagonals cut out, that roof stayed up. One heavy, wet snow would have finished it off, but it stayed up until it was demolished. In another case, an intern was drawing up the lower level plan of an old three-story brick building that was going to be renovated. Comparing the lower level plan with the upper floor plans, there was a column missing. The intern insisted there was no column there. We went back and checked. No column. There was a suspended ceiling. When we removed a ceiling tile and looked up, we could clearly see where someone in a previous alteration had just cut out the column. But the building stayed up.

Some us eventually started saying that some buildings continue to stand out of habit, even when logic and engineering say they should have collapsed. Structural engineering uses numbers and formulae, so it's easy to assume that it's precise and that an engineer can calculate precisely when a structure is loaded to the point of collapse. In reality, that's not possible.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2021, 11:31:49 PM »
More on NRA Directors Liability Insurance
https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/2021/08/28/more-on-nra-directors-liability-insurance/
I heard this link mentioned and saw this post on the liability insurance issue. 

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/blog/
This blog seems to be keeping up to date with the NRA vs New York stuff.