Author Topic: Another murder not covered by MSM, in Sin City  (Read 1067 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Another murder not covered by MSM, in Sin City
« on: November 14, 2023, 01:49:05 PM »
Two weeks ago a 17 y/o high school kid sticking up for younger/smaller kid gets set upon by a pack of "youfs" and ends up dead after being on life support for a few days. This happened at a magnet school (in the hood), you know where the smartest and brightest go to actually learn something, other than the kids that are placed to show diversity or live locally. Had the races been switched would have the MSM picked this up and run with it, I believe so, just more selective reporting based on the race of perps and victim. Even the local media is tiptoeing around that subject, if they are reporting it at all. You can be assured that the police are working "diligently" to solve this one in light of several videos made during the beat down.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-teen-beaten-death-mob-attackers-outside-high-school

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12740747/jonathan-lewis-killed-bullies-vegas.html

https://nypost.com/2023/11/14/news/dad-of-las-vegas-teen-beaten-by-mob-defends-cops-delay-in-arrest/

https://twitter.com/statuses/1724061260994531534

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Another murder not covered by MSM, in Sin City
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 02:23:34 PM »
I've been seeing this one on the various news sites, and it's interesting to watch the MSM tie themselves in knots explaining how it's not a hate crime. Which it may very well not be, but then neither was George Floyd.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 02:28:08 PM »
^^^

I think it finally got picked up by some (very few) of the MSM in the last few days but it will go away pretty quickly I have a feeling.

bob
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 02:41:21 PM by BobR »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 02:45:09 PM »
Teenagers seem to be worse than dogs when they go feral and pack up.  That's a tough situation to get out of, especially for a kid who's never learned when to be violent.

Quote from: The Fox News link
The father also expressed disappointment in the fight that led to the death of his son, saying that the "children don’t even know what they’re doing half the time."

The father said he hopes the incident can be part of a conversation around youth violence in the city.

Lewis added that he loves his children "with all my heart" and called it "unimaginable" that such violence "could ever come to this point."

"I hope there’s a way they can find forgiveness in their heart and find a way to be able to come to terms with what they’ve done," he said.

That kind of sentiment boggles my mind.  I can't imagine being that weak in the face of a gang beating your son to death.  I'd want blood.  Even if society won't let me get it myself, I'd be telling the news I hope they rot in Hel.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 05:33:55 PM »
I think I'd maybe might be channeling my inner Paul Kersey in that situation.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 05:40:03 PM »
I think I'd maybe might be channeling my inner Paul Kersey in that situation.

A little bit of that and a little bit of John Allen Muhammad. The "they are just kids" doesn't fly for me in a situation like this, they knew exactly what they were doing. They may not have expected the outcome but I feel they wouldn't have cared either way.

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 05:43:38 PM »
Bunch of black kids beat white kid to death
Most of the MSM: Some people did something
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 06:29:32 PM »
Teenagers seem to be worse than dogs when they go feral and pack up.  That's a tough situation to get out of, especially for a kid who's never learned when to be violent.

That kind of sentiment boggles my mind.  I can't imagine being that weak in the face of a gang beating your son to death.  I'd want blood.  Even if society won't let me get it myself, I'd be telling the news I hope they rot in Hel.

"And so you shall purge the evil from among you."  --Moses
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 06:42:09 PM »
You guys did lose some je ne sais quoi with the New Testament stuff.

Sometimes people just owe you blood.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 07:59:40 PM »
You guys did lose some je ne sais quoi with the New Testament stuff.

Sometimes people just owe you blood.

I don't know how people can forgive in situations like this either.  I don't believe I could.  I am an eye for an eye person.

We do have the example of Christ asking for forgiveness for the people for the people who nailed him to a cross.

We actually talked about this at Sunday School recently.  I wanted to know if people should forgive even in the absence of repentance.  I didn't get a hard and fast rule as an answer, but my teacher discussed how he was eventually able to forgive his horrible ex-wife.  It allowed him get over being eaten up with anger and becoming a miserable person.

However, forgiveness doesn't negate any judicial punishments.  Ideally, these murderers would be executed.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:02:13 PM by Pb »

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 08:38:48 PM »
I am an eye for a person.
Expensive, but I might make that trade at least once.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 01:00:14 PM »
The police have made arrests and are looking for a couple of more people. Still no hate crime though.  ;/

Johannson described the video as "void of humanity" and said there was no evidence the incident could be considered a hate crime.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-teens-beat-17-year-old-student-death-high-school-facing-murder-charges

bob

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 01:07:07 PM »
What is considered MSM these days?

Wouldn't Fox News be MSM just by the sheer number of viewers?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BobR

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 01:14:39 PM »
What is considered MSM these days?

Wouldn't Fox News be MSM just by the sheer number of viewers?

I would go with a yes to that, MSM with a different slant. This story finally picked up traction locally and so you are seeing national reporting over the last few days. Now that arrests have been made everyone is running with it, USA Today, CBS, even People magazine. The death wasn't a blip but the arrest of 8 minors for the crime is making ripples.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 03:53:47 PM »
If they are minors, I am not sure what punishments they will actually get even if convicted of murder.  Depends on the state laws there I guess. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 04:04:31 PM »
If they are minors, I am not sure what punishments they will actually get even if convicted of murder.  Depends on the state laws there I guess.

The two 17 year olds will be kicked to adult status. It will be up to the juvenile authorities to determine how o prosecute the rest of them, whether adults or not.
bob