Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 37718 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2021, 09:08:24 AM »
Now?  What ya been waiting for?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #576 on: September 01, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »

This would have been funnier a few weeks ago.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2021, 10:54:23 AM »
Seen that video where Biden is looking at his watch during the transfer of the 13 service members killed in Kabul?

Well...
He did more than once according to this
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/08/31/father-of-killed-marine-says-biden-checked-his-watch-as-each-body-came-out-n2595040

Probably was watching the clock to make sure he got to the ice cream shop before it closed.

I'm sure he was surprised every time. "Oh look, I'm wearing a watch."  A few minutes later, "Oh look, I'm wearing a watch." A few minutes later . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2021, 10:59:45 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NS9hvoXHas
Biden Phone Call LEAKS Proving he KNEW Afghanistan Was Falling, REFUSED Air Support Request

I guess we might see more on this as time goes by.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2021, 11:11:04 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NS9hvoXHas
Biden Phone Call LEAKS Proving he KNEW Afghanistan Was Falling, REFUSED Air Support Request

I guess we might see more on this as time goes by.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »
So it seems we had a missle lock on the first suicide bomber but they were told not o fire.

Red State I think was the source of that.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #581 on: September 01, 2021, 06:35:21 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2021, 07:09:49 PM »
You want to nuke Bahrain?  What did they do?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2021, 07:23:57 PM »
Can we start hating Biden now?

Mother of Marine killed in Kabul says Biden rolled his 'f***ing eyes' when she remembered son during meeting
https://www.foxnews.com/media/mother-of-marine-killed-in-kabul-says-biden-rolled-his-fing-eyes-when-she-remembered-son-during-meeting

What do you mean "start"?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2021, 09:29:27 PM »
Oh for double *expletive deleted*ck's sake
    As the United States-backed government in Afghanistan fell to the Taliban and US troops raced to leave the country, White supremacists and anti-government extremists have expressed admiration for what the Taliban accomplished https://t.co/G6s76A1vyz

— CNN (@CNN) September 1, 2021
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/09/01/white-supremacists-cheering-on-the-taliban-takeover-of-afghanistan-concerns-us-officials-mainstream-media/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2021, 10:15:36 PM »
There is truth to that.  A lot of neo-nazis are pro-islamist because they both hate the Jews.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2021, 10:18:34 PM »
There is truth to that.  A lot of neo-nazis are pro-islamist because they both hate the Jews.

Yeah but you know when CNN says White supremacists and/or anti-government extremists that usually means anyone to the right of AOC.
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #587 on: September 01, 2021, 10:23:45 PM »
https://www.france24.com/en/video/20210901-afghanistan-pullout-spurs-eu-to-revive-rapid-reaction-force

More fall out? What is NATO anyways they ask. Maybe making a EU Reaction Force is better than relying on the US these days. 

Who couldn't see this coming down the pike after the way the Biden administration screwed the pooch on this. If it hadn't been for the many different countries providing aircraft I don't believe nearly as many people would have gotten out to spread the word of Allah around the world through "peaceful protests".

bob

eta: Sometimes you have to go outside and look inside to get a better look at the picture. https://www.france24.com/en/tag/afghanistan/

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2021, 10:29:56 PM »
Yeah, the eurotrash sure was impressive in dominating Libya.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #590 on: September 02, 2021, 05:20:25 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #591 on: September 02, 2021, 06:08:34 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #592 on: September 02, 2021, 06:57:23 PM »
https://www.france24.com/en/video/20210901-afghanistan-pullout-spurs-eu-to-revive-rapid-reaction-force

More fall out? What is NATO anyways they ask. Maybe making a EU Reaction Force is better than relying on the US these days. 

Who couldn't see this coming down the pike after the way the Biden administration screwed the pooch on this. If it hadn't been for the many different countries providing aircraft I don't believe nearly as many people would have gotten out to spread the word of Allah around the world through "peaceful protests".

bob

eta: Sometimes you have to go outside and look inside to get a better look at the picture. https://www.france24.com/en/tag/afghanistan/

No, don't get rid of NATO, I would hate that.   Really I would....  [tinfoil]       

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #593 on: September 06, 2021, 09:51:59 AM »
Seeing pretty much zip on this in the MSM

A satellite image has emerged allegedly supporting the claim Rep. Michael McCaul made on Sunday that the Taliban is holding American citizens and Afghan interpreters hostage at the airport.
According to McCaul, the planes have been sitting at the airport for days even though the State Department has cleared the flights.

"We had six airplanes at the airport, six airplanes with American citizens on them as I speak, also with these interpreters and the Taliban is holding them hostage for demands right now," McCaul, the ranking member on the Foreign Affairs Committee, told Fox News.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/09/06/photo-emerges-supporting-claim-taliban-holding-hostage-n2595360
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #594 on: September 06, 2021, 11:30:53 AM »
The State Department has cleared many of the flights to take off from Kabul, but denied landing clearance in Qatar and other locations used during the evacuations.  State is not pursuing diplomatic clearance from those countries because the flights are privately sponsored.  It makes the Hiden/Barrisment administration look bad, that they can't get stranded Americans out of Afghanistan.
American citizens are being sacrificed on the altar of political optics.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #595 on: September 06, 2021, 11:34:05 AM »
It's alright. The white house said this morning they are moving on from Afghanistan to focus on the economy.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #596 on: September 06, 2021, 11:49:25 AM »
It's alright. The white house said this morning they are moving on from Afghanistan to focus on the economy.

Ah... yes. They'll bring the expertise and experience that worked so well in Afghanistan to focus on our economy.

We've already got stagflation indications. I wonder how much worse they can make it. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #597 on: September 06, 2021, 12:04:04 PM »
We've already got stagflation indications. I wonder how much worse they can make it. 

Biden administration:  "Challenge accepted."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #598 on: September 06, 2021, 11:17:43 PM »
Ooooookey

Also @RepMcCaul was absolutely incorrect as characterizing any of these people as hostages. There is nobody being denied exit of the country, or being detained on a plane. Instead the Taliban has not granted clearance for the planes to leave. Spoke to two sources who confirmed.

— Naveed Jamali (@NaveedAJamali) September 6, 2021

‘That is a pretty big distinction’: It’s the PLANES being denied clearance to leave Afghanistan, not the PEOPLE
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/09/06/that-is-a-pretty-big-distinction-its-the-planes-being-denied-clearance-to-leave-afghanistan-not-the-people/
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #599 on: September 07, 2021, 07:35:44 AM »
^^^  So the people are free to flap their arms very hard and fly away, they just can't take that airplane with them?

Doublespeak.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.