Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 17312 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #675 on: December 11, 2021, 09:46:58 PM »

0:28 According to a friend who is a bit of an aero enthusiast, that plane's engine doesn't have an afterburner, so the flames shooting out of the tail are an indication of a "hot start" -- which he says will destroy the engine in short order.

That is correct.

I have zero confidence that a goat herder can suddenly become a jet engine mechanic.   Even Iran couldn't make that happen 40 years ago.

The middle east does not do technology.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #676 on: December 27, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2021, 08:57:22 PM »

That is correct.

I have zero confidence that a goat herder can suddenly become a jet engine mechanic.   Even Iran couldn't make that happen 40 years ago.

The middle east does not do technology.

Windmill!

I think we should send highly paid people like me to help them get all their toys working. Leave when the contract ends. The amount of dead talis from everything falling out of the sky would be glorious.

Thats how all the rest of the sand nations do it, lots and lots of contractors.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #678 on: December 27, 2021, 09:00:04 PM »

Windmill!

I think we should send highly paid people like me to help them get all their toys working. Leave when the contract ends. The amount of dead talis from everything falling out of the sky would be glorious.

This is the way.  Might as well get paid.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

Im not blinded by hate. I hate because Im not blind

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2022, 03:35:38 PM »

Today the U.S. announced $308 million in new humanitarian assistance for the people of Afghanistan and a million new COVID vaccine doses provided through #COVAX (totaling 4.3M doses). We remain the single largest donor of humanitarian aid in Afghanistan.https://t.co/Ds7oMSNJaV

Emily Horne (@emilyhorne46) January 11, 2022
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/01/11/biden-administration-announc-aes-308-million-of-humanitarian-funding-to-the-anti-humanitarian-taliban-ruled-afghanistan/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2022, 04:00:04 PM »

Windmill!

It would be especially good if they start a war with some other nation over there.  Maybe we can contract with both sides.
It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2022, 04:53:53 PM »

It would be especially good if they start a war with some other nation over there.  Maybe we can contract with both sides.

That would be the best option.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]