Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 37741 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2021, 09:57:07 PM »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2021, 10:28:57 PM »
Rumours has it that several hundred soldiers are stuck somewhere around the Kabul airport, and possibly more are on their way there. How they're going to get out is anyone's guess.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2021, 10:34:29 PM »
Rumours has it that several hundred soldiers are stuck somewhere around the Kabul airport, and possibly more are on their way there. How they're going to get out is anyone's guess.

Biden will put Harris on it after he gets back from vacation
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2021, 10:46:54 PM »
Biden is not the only one on vacation

According to Fox News, emails sent to White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki “were returned with an automatic reply, stating that the voice of the White House will not be available next week” and that she’ll be out of the office from “August 15-August 22nd”:

https://t.co/29s3oAfWbH pic.twitter.com/7vR4E8PSZ1

— Jerry Dunleavy (@JerryDunleavy) August 16, 2021
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/08/15/beyond-parody-jen-psaki-will-reportedly-be-on-vacation-next-week/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2021, 11:12:46 PM »
Trump can't be on Twitter, but the Taliban spokesman can:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/08/15/the-taliban-spokesman-has-a-twitter-account/

(I guess that explains Jack Dorsey's beard)
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2021, 11:36:00 PM »
Which reminds me. Is the pride flag currently flying at the embassy ?

I'm sure they burned it with full military honors, right alongside the Stars and Stripes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2021, 12:06:50 AM »
I'm sure they burned it with full military honors, right alongside the Stars and Stripes.
I think the Talibans did it when they captured the place, along with any BLM flags.

Sidenote: Biden is hiding, Psaki is on vacation until the 22nd. None of the idiots-in-charge are actually doing or saying anything. There's absolutely some type of fuckery afoot.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2021, 12:11:04 AM »
Wonder if the Taliban bought any of Hunter's paintings?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2021, 12:40:53 AM »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2021, 12:49:30 AM »
No, we're using Chinooks and Blackhawks

https://youtu.be/aKPZ0Ldn9Bw

Top: Saigon 1975
Bottom: Kabul 2021

Saw someone claiming it's the very same helicopter in both images :O.

[ETA: the Chinook sure has had a long service life]

Yes it has had a long service life with many upgrades. No it is not the same helo, the one in Saigon is a Ch-46 Sea Knight, AKA Phrog. I did see some footage of what I think was an ANA Ch-46 flying around. They lasted 50 years in our service.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2021, 08:41:46 AM »
Who is hungry?

Taliban.

Most of what is happening was probably already expected to happen over a longer timeline. The Taliban studied how we have drawn down and exited other nations and learned.

Strike fast and hard while sentiment in the USA works in their favor. Waiting for the the great USA media/propaganda machine to spool up and create a reason to stay/fight is not in their best interest.

Some of the media reports from the Taliban seem to indicate they know the American people are being ruled illegitimately by leaders who don't represent the majority.

Our occupation government has really put themselves in a bind with their overreach. I haven't followed the pillow guy at all but nothing has happened that makes me think our current government was legitimately elected.

Other countries are not ignorant of the fact that this sentiment is widespread.

I think you will see more nations trying to speak to the American people directly, knowing that our government is a den of snakes who despise those they rule.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:01:33 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »
Have you seen the videos coming from the Kabul airport?

USAF C-17s trying to takeoff and the Afghanis are clinging to the side of the plane.  Some people get hang-on through the takeoff, but not much longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJvgUpZtNI
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2021, 09:00:19 AM »
Why they trying to flee? According to Nancy P Biden put Corn Pop the Taliban in their place. Most of worked because they're laughing in fear.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2021, 09:13:34 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2021, 09:16:31 AM »
Videos out showing people trying to hold on to C-17’s as they taxi/take off…..unsuccessfully.

reminds me of World War Z when the commercial jet takes off from Israel. 

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1427203511662653442?s=21

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2021, 09:54:58 AM »
Trump can't be on Twitter, but the Taliban spokesman can:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/08/15/the-taliban-spokesman-has-a-twitter-account/

(I guess that explains Jack Dorsey's beard)

I'll be interested to read twitter's justification. Just for the laughs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2021, 10:03:50 AM »
Hmm...

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/08/16/what-the-wow-pic-white-house-posted-to-prove-biden-harris-were-hearing-updates-on-afghanistan-looks-kinda-sorta-off-thread/

If accurate, I don't think this is the first time the WH has photoshopped stuff or used unrelated images.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2021, 10:04:20 AM »
I'll be interested to read twitter's justification. Just for the laughs.

One hates women and wants to keep them uneducated and will stone to death any woman caught outside their home without their husband and without a full burqa, throws gays off building, is a threat to world peace, responsible for the death of thousands of Americans, and wants to drag us back to the 14th century in science and technology.

The other? Well we shouldn't judge other cultures.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2021, 10:17:59 AM »
Harris speaks!

Please protect yourself and your loved ones - get vaccinated.
    — Vice President Kamala Harris (@VP) August 15, 2021

And that's it.

Oh and this was in the article

Harris was reportedly pressed to give an update on Afghanistan to the American people but refused.

White House source says Kamala Harris could be heard screaming today: “They will not pin this s*** on me!”
    — Kyle Becker (@kylenabecker) August 16, 2021

That's What Kamala Harris Was Tweeting About As Afghanistan Fell to Taliban?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/08/16/kamala-harris-tweet-afghanistan-falls-n2594186
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2021, 10:27:58 AM »
“They will not pin this s*** on me!”

The same person who bragged about being "The last person in the room with Biden" who he consulted with and who influenced him the day before it all went to *expletive deleted*it.

:rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2021, 10:40:44 AM »
The same person who bragged about being "The last person in the room with Biden" who he consulted with and who influenced him the day before it all went to *expletive deleted*it.

:rofl:
She got zero delegates in the Dem primary and is only VP because she is a woman of color.  I don't think it matters. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2021, 10:43:12 AM »
Have you seen the videos coming from the Kabul airport?

USAF C-17s trying to takeoff and the Afghanis are clinging to the side of the plane.  Some people get hang-on through the takeoff, but not much longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJvgUpZtNI

Fake news. I just read that the Taliban are being welcomed as liberators. This video was clearly created by the same studio that created the film of our "moon landing."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2021, 10:57:05 AM »
She got zero delegates in the Dem primary and is only VP because she is a woman of color.  I don't think it matters.

It matters because she's going to be the President. There are still more than three years left in this term, and it's unlikely that Biden will make it to the end.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »
Apropos of nothing, "25th Amendment" is trending on Twitter.  I wonder why ...
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden