Author Topic: Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra tires for the Tacoma  (Read 503 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra tires for the Tacoma
« on: April 06, 2022, 05:49:22 PM »
The stock tires (Firestone Destination LE2) on the 2016 TRD Sport 4x4 were getting pretty worn out at 50K miles.  I saw in a flyer in the mail that Costco was having a sale on certain brands.  I read some reviews and in terms of what was in stock, ended up getting a set of Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra for $ 946.04.  They are supposed to do pretty well on snow for an all-season tire, and we have been getting more snow where I am.  Plus an 80K miles warranty.  I was giving serious consideration to the Michelin LTX A/T 2, but the Bridgestone are supposed to have better winter and wet performance and highway ride, according to reviews. We will see how they work out.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra tires for the Tacoma
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 05:58:05 PM »
I hope they work out well for ya.  A few years ago I bought a set of Nokian EnTyre tires for my Ford Focus (FWD)  They were cheap at the time.  I'm pretty sure they have the 3 peak mountain-flake symbol on them.  They have been amazing tires, especially in the winter but good in the summer too.  I will definitely buy them again if I can find them.

The Honda CR-V has Michelin Defenders LTX on it.  They are good tires too but they are kinda loud like a truck tire, and Wife doesn't like that. (she's the one who insisted on Michelins)
"It's good, though..."