Author Topic: No Knock Death  (Read 2993 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: No Knock Death
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2022, 01:08:41 AM »
This is Minnesota we are talking about, the state with 3rd degree murder on the books.

Locke was a ccw guy, he had the gun in his hand but he was properly indexing his finger when shot.

I know not much about the case, but it seems like a FUBAR to me
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2022, 05:12:04 PM »
 [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Let it all burn.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2022, 05:18:13 PM »
I'll bring marshmallows.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2022, 06:26:58 PM »
Generally speaking criminals are dumb and lazy.  Especially the ones the police actually catch.

t wouldn't take very much at all to fortify windows and build a two door entryway with a fortified inside door and IED anti personnel charges between the doors. That would protect against SWAT teams and rival criminals.  That no one apparently does is a testament to criminal's lack of creativity.

Man trap. Booby trap.  I believe that's illegal almost everywhere.

Also, I saw a cop show a couple of years ago where in CA, a crook was also charged with having an entryway designed to delay police entry.   I always wondered about that.  BS?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 01:43:01 AM by 230RN »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2022, 06:56:31 PM »
I mean, yeah it's illegal,  but if you are triggering an IED against  either a SWAT team or a rival gang, I think the "legal" ship has sailed.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2022, 07:21:30 PM »
Man trap. Booby trap.  I believe that's illegal almost everywhere.

Also, I saw a cop show a couple of years ago where in CA, a crook was also charged with having an entryway designed to delay police entry.   I always wondered about that.  BS?
Unless the design included a mechanism likely to inflict serious bodily harm, it sounds like BS to me.

When I was a kid, a local TV station went along  with the cops serving a warrant. It didn't go well - the cops couldn't break through the door. When a guy opened a small window in the door to talk to the cops, despite their demands he IMMEDIATELY open up, he flatly refused until they produced the warrant and held it up for him to read. THEN he opened up.

The front door was fortified like the ones you see in medieval castles in the movies. Makes me wonder why the real crooks don't do stuff like that all the time.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 01:01:20 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2022, 07:54:16 PM »
I can't make it but could someone get me some 10.5 size Nikes?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2022, 08:44:06 PM »
I am not outraged but probably should be. My Newport News house got several warrants for previous residents. If one had been criminal I slept on the couch four yards from the front door and there were probably two loaded guns on the coffee table. Even now living in BFE I consider invasion by police way more likely than any other. I know where lots of guns are but none are loaded within my reach because of that and because I am pretty good at complex tasks while completely asleep.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2022, 12:11:39 AM »
My front door still has the marks from about 10-11 years ago when they tried to serve the front door... They went in through the side door tho... Which is now basically barred to "medieval" level. The front door probably didn't need it, but I added some angle and more 4" screws into the concrete block. I'm probably going to put some diamondplate over the outside, if just to hide the old sledgehammer marks sooner or later.

No idea why they didn't do the 4x8" window next to it... That has inside bars now.
Blog under construction