Author Topic: Does not compute  (Read 631 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Does not compute
« on: August 23, 2021, 06:07:10 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/race-and-ethnicity-electoral-college-proud-boys-589928a5e95aa92175cd09235a1abcc2

It's constitutionally protected freedom of speech to burn an American flag -- but burn a BLM flag and go to jail.

Check.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: Does not compute
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 06:19:45 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/race-and-ethnicity-electoral-college-proud-boys-589928a5e95aa92175cd09235a1abcc2

It's constitutionally protected freedom of speech to burn an American flag -- but burn a BLM flag and go to jail.

Check.
From reading the story, it seems he didn't burn his own BLM flag, he burned someone else's BLM flag.

Ownership of the object being burned seems to be a key to raising a First Amendment defense.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
How many ANITFA and BLM protesters ripped down flags, burned them, and had zero done to them? Probably more than a few.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »
How many ANITFA and BLM protesters ripped down flags, burned them, and had zero done to them? Probably more than a few.
Laws are selectively enforced . . . it seems more so these days than in the past.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 05:52:19 PM »
It "doesn't compute" because the left can't think in logical terms.  :mad:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”