Author Topic: "Right Wing Armed Protests Turn Violent Twice as Often As Left Wing Protests"  (Read 1696 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
According to an Everytown "study"

Basically the study runs with the premise that since left wing "violence" often didn't involve a gun it wasn't actually "violent" while at the same time leaving out the fact that nearly all the right wing "violence", where just the mere presence of a gun qualifies as violence in their opinion, was committed by people often trying to stop acts of left wing violence

USA Today: Everytown ‘Study’ Says Right Wing Armed Protests Turn Violent Twice as Often As Left Wing Protests
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/usa-today-everytown-study-says-right-wing-armed-protests-turn-violent-twice-as-often-as-left-wing-protests/

The USA article

Armed protests are picking up, and a new study says they're more likely to turn violent
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/08/23/guns-protests-increase-likelihood-violence/8188602002/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 10:50:45 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Yeah, that "armed protest" for stuff like 2nd Amendment rallies and similar is bullshit, but it seems the only people who realize that are pro-gun people. Even your middle of the road sheep with no opinions one way or another will see "people with guns" and equate it with violence.

I'm not saying 2nd Amendment folks shouldn't do protests or rallies where they show up healed. Peaceful gun owners in public are (or should be) a positive for us.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Phony news.     GLARINGLY phony news ............
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
How many buildings have been burned at right wing protests in the last 20 months again?

HankB

• friend
How many buildings have been burned at right wing protests in the last 20 months again?
Probably about as many as the police vehicles that were turned over and burned at right wing protests.

(Just like Democrats see George Orwell's 1984 as a blueprint for the future, do you ever get the idea that today's journalists and lefty think tanks are looking to this guy for inspiration?)

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends

Seem to recall reading somewhere he became a teacher. Fitting IMHO.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
How many times to left wing people show up to right wing protests to start fights?  How about the opposite?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
They have investigated themselves and found nothing wrong. Shocker.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If right wing gun owners were half as violent and blood thirsty as left wing, anti gun, nut jobs try to make us out to be there wouldn't be any  left wing, anti gun, nut jobs left to whine about it.

[ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
And they know that, which is why they feel totally safe spewing their brazen lies, insults and calumnies.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
In the same vein to the USA article.
The evil right wingers are trying to indoctrinate our poor helpless children in collage!

The secret corporate memo behind today's guerilla war on campus progressives
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/the-secret-corporate-memo-behind-today-s-guerilla-war-on-campus-progressives/ar-AANLu0k?ocid=msedgntp
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:06:46 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Well, Nikole Hannah-Jones is a racist and a liar.

Also, cracks me up they complain about Fox News' "outrage machine." Wonder how many times they complained about CNN's outrage machine, back when they were the "All of the bad Trump, all of the time!!!" network. For that matter, I have this crazy feeling Salon's outrage machine was also working full-time back then.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
Now we have right wing extremists on the Supreme Court

A group of right wing extremists just decided to throw families out of their homes during a global pandemic.

This is an attack on working people across our country and city. New York won’t stand for this vile, unjust decision. https://t.co/Tw6Bt97GC9

— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) August 27, 2021

Bill de Blasio says ‘right wing extremists’ on SCOTUS shot down eviction moratorium even Biden admitted was unconstitutional
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/27/bill-de-blasio-says-right-wing-extremists-on-scotus-shot-down-eviction-moratorium-even-biden-admitted-was-unconstitutional/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
I also saw that New York has only doled out 2% of their eviction relief money. I'm sure his wife and daughter are living the good life.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Their" homes? Funny how they have to pay rent on "their" homes. Maybe the homes aren't really theirs? Just a theory...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Regardless of the costs to landlords this is a horrible move by the Ds.

These are their voters that their allowing to be turned out. You'd think they'd have done more for them. I imagine this is going to cost them a lot of votes.

Of course the modern Democratic party is more about Wall Street money-men and corporate types than they are about the "little guy" so it kind of makes sense they'd look after those interests first. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Interestingly, some landlords are finding workarounds to going broke and losing their properties. Of course some people don't like it:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/08/27/andy-richter-is-having-trouble-renting-his-son-an-apartment-near-usc-for-some-inexplicable-reason/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
Came upon this.
I'm sure this will be counted as RW violance only.

Portland Police Chief Chose Not to Put Cops at Proud Boys, BLM Protests That Erupted Into Fight
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/portland-police-chief-chose-not-to-put-cops-at-proud-boys-blm-protests-that-erupted-into-fight/ar-AANOSQn?ocid=msedgntp
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Came upon this.
I'm sure this will be counted as RW violance only.

Portland Police Chief Chose Not to Put Cops at Proud Boys, BLM Protests That Erupted Into Fight
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/portland-police-chief-chose-not-to-put-cops-at-proud-boys-blm-protests-that-erupted-into-fight/ar-AANOSQn?ocid=msedgntp

Other than the fact that yeah, the MSM will put it all on "right wing extremists", I'm not sure I have a problem with cops standing back as two groups like that fight. As long as no innocents are hurt, I'm kinda "meh".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Pb

• friend
Other than the fact that yeah, the MSM will put it all on "right wing extremists", I'm not sure I have a problem with cops standing back as two groups like that fight. As long as no innocents are hurt, I'm kinda "meh".

I don't agree at all.  That kind of idiocy drags society down... it teaches people that being a violent fool is socially acceptable.

MechAg94

• friend
Oh, more on the landlord/tenant stuff, plus politicians being two-faced again:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/28/matt-whitlocks-shot-chaser-about-cancel-rent-cheerleader-rep-rashida-tlaib-is-todays-liberals-in-a-nutshell/

She says it helps big corporations.  Why?  Oh yeah, their own Govt regulations make it tougher for people to rent out extra space or a second home so the net effect is big businesses and corporations do all the rentals. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
I don't agree at all.  That kind of idiocy drags society down... it teaches people that being a violent fool is socially acceptable.

Clearly, being a violent fool IS socially acceptable in Portland. No teaching needed.

Jim147

• friends
If you look at this administrations terrible record and the disrespect for the military from Biden and Pelosi, I think they want the right to rise up so they can declare marshal law.

Don't take the bait. Let's see what the midterms do. If the republicans, with more legislative power nation wide doesn't fix election problems, well I guess it's game on.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Right wing males also have a much higher suicide "success" rate. I guess we know how to get things done.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.