Author Topic: Night vision scopes  (Read 330 times)

zahc

• friend
Night vision scopes
« on: August 24, 2021, 06:25:08 PM »
A guy I know wants a scope for shooting pest animals at night. Maybe 100 or 200 yards. Probably with an AR or .308, but he's a varmint hunter so he's not going to want something with low mag and a course reticle, probably more like a "real" riflescope.

I looked into it and the market seems really gimmicky and full of scopes that record YouTube videos, or they are something suspiciously cheap from sportsman's guide, or they are $15000 and I'm not sure if they should really cost that much or if that's the government retail price.

Budget is probably up to $5k. Is there a reputable/warranty brand?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Night vision scopes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 07:49:52 PM »
You are looking way above my price range. I've got a Sightmark Wraith 2-16, picked it up for $450 a while back. Honestly, it needs an IR light, but it's better than I expected.  I've got it on a 22, and with the light it came with it's good to 60-70 yards on a moonless night.

Spend some time on lone star boars YouTube channel. He's probably tried every night vision available and uses them for a living.

https://m.youtube.com/user/LoneStarBoars
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?