Author Topic: Time's UP!  (Read 519 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Time's UP!
« on: August 27, 2021, 06:44:34 AM »
Wow. Just freaking wow...

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/26/1031521703/tina-tchen-times-up-ceo-resigns-cuomo

An organization dedicated to stopping harassment of women worked WITH the Cuomo organization... some of the money quotes from the article... all in one paragraph...

"Over the past few months, sexual abuse survivors have accused Time's Up leaders of betraying them, after New York Attorney General Letitia James reported they had consulted with a top Cuomo aide about how strong a stand Time's Up should take on the allegations."

"News reports alleged that Tchen and board chair Roberta Kaplan gave feedback on an unpublished opinion column smearing Cuomo accuser Lindsey Boylan."

"And The Washington Post published text messages in which Tchen told colleagues to "stand down" from releasing a statement in support of Boylan."

And this one..

"She said Time's up needed to create change in a "responsible way that does not lead survivors to question us or feel as though we have betrayed them."

Well, maybe not betray them by working with a serial harasser to doubly victimize a victim of the harassment? Would that be a good start?
The article is just full of juicy hypocrisy like that.

Stunning, but really, not all that surprising given that it's coming from the left. Had Cuomo been a Republican can you imagine how hard this organization and its leadership would have gone after them?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Time's UP!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 09:18:56 AM »
How old is that organization?  Was it created as a front to push leftist agenda? 

Sounds like the left has been tolerating very bad behavior for a long time to the point it is a haven for that behavior and has attracted those people into its ranks.  Then they are surprised when it becomes public.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 06:39:19 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 04:39:35 PM »
"Circle the wagons" is standard political strategy.  Both sides use it.

I understand it can be difficult to realize that your boss, the man you voted for, is a total scumbag, but sometimes you have to face facts.

It seems to me that democrats are quicker to condemn the presumed innocent party that Republicans are.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?