Author Topic: remember those school walkouts against guns? :-)  (Read 1073 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
remember those school walkouts against guns? :-)
« on: September 02, 2021, 07:45:13 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/lawsuits-gun-politics-04afae838dd5c445c2e546d9587db3bb

man, they were annoying, those unofficial / official mandatory "protest" .... Madison didn't think so and now she is better off.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: remember those school walkouts against guns? :-)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 12:25:35 AM »
Glad she won out.  Wish she could have gotten more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 01:08:58 AM »
Just wish the money was taken from those responsible instead of from the tax payers.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »
Just wish the money was taken from those responsible instead of from the tax payers.
I agree with this.

But as I recall the winning plaintiff in an unrelated suit (BIG verdict, small town) declared, if the taxpayers feel pain because of their elected official's misdeeds, maybe they'll learn to be more careful about who they vote for. In the case of this post, it would seem the school board - probably elected - failed to rein in the local school's bureaucrats.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 10:32:04 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/lawsuits-gun-politics-04afae838dd5c445c2e546d9587db3bb

man, they were annoying, those unofficial / official mandatory "protest" .... Madison didn't think so and now she is better off.

Pretty close to me.  My HS played that school, back in the day.  Rockford area is a heap big liberal city.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 05:12:19 PM »
I remember those days. We had a teacher disciplined for pushing her libtard agenda.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »
I agree with this.

But as I recall the winning plaintiff in an unrelated suit (BIG verdict, small town) declared, if the taxpayers feel pain because of their elected official's misdeeds, maybe they'll learn to be more careful about who they vote for. In the case of this post, it would seem the school board - probably elected - failed to rein in the local school's bureaucrats.

Except that will never happen because 60% of people just do whatever they're told or what they're told everyone else is doing (whether that is is true or not) and absolutely will not change their voting habits.

So the rest of us that would learn from it are instead forced to pay for the misdeeds of others, because of the insanity of universal franchise.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 07:53:02 PM »
I agree with this.

Hallelujah and amen.

However, if the local bureaucrats had done any reining, then they would have been subject to right-denying lawsuits.

kgbsquirrel  opined:
"So the rest of us that would learn from it are instead forced to pay for the misdeeds of others, because of the insanity of universal franchise."

I agree with you, but don't know how to cure it, since the cure for "everybody votes" might be worse than the disease, and we have already gone over the tipping point anyway.

'Tis a puzzlement.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 08:07:24 PM by 230RN »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 12:32:49 PM »
I recommend banning voting by 1) any gov employee  2) anyone receiving any sort of welfare or subsidy payments from the government.

I can dream, I guess...

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 06:20:07 PM »
I recommend banning voting by 1) any gov employee  2) anyone receiving any sort of welfare or subsidy payments from the government.

I can dream, I guess...

So long as military retirement and VA disability is not included.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 06:43:07 PM »

I can dream, I guess...

Including those on Social Security/Disability after paying into it all their working lives?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 08:52:10 PM »
Including those on Social Security/Disability after paying into it all their working lives?

For those who have paid in, yes.  For those that draw it without paying in, no.

Uncompensated government money (given to you without you having paid in to the system in labor or investment) should void franchise.

As a second argument it would better if franchise was earned, but a universal franchise with disbarment for conflicts of interest is an excellent middle ground to work towards.  It also has the benefit of being constitutional as it presently stands and implemented at the state government level.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 10:20:18 PM »
As a Department of Defense employee, I would prefer to continue to vote against the clowns in Connecticut who have held political office for decades.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 11:18:56 PM »
As a Department of Defense employee, I would prefer to continue to vote against the clowns in Connecticut who have held political office for decades.

Don't forget the herd of "burros" in IL-ANNOY.  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”