Author Topic: Conex Containers for Storage?  (Read 1491 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Conex Containers for Storage?
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2021, 10:46:06 PM »
IMHO, the real utility of the things is as "outside walls."

Frickin' steel. Thick steel. Three of 'em with an open end, and something over the inside, and you have a good sized square footage.

Spray foam does wonders.
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »
Well, that place's website was WAY out of date. As of today and $6000 later, I have a 2018 once used 20' container parked next to my corral. The prices are ridiculous right now, and they can't keep them stocked. They had two one trip 40 footers on the lot for $10K each. Used 40s, and they didn't look pretty, were in the 8 grand range. The cheapest container they had was a beat to hell 20 footer for $4800.

Oh well, it's a tax deduction at least.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2021, 05:52:39 PM »
Read the labels of the chemicals for upper and lower storage temps.

We were going to buy a 40' Conex box for clay target storage at the gun club, but the inside gets too hot in the summer for storing clay targets and will cause them to start breaking down.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2021, 05:56:24 PM »
Read the labels of the chemicals for upper and lower storage temps.

We were going to buy a 40' Conex box for clay target storage at the gun club, but the inside gets too hot in the summer for storing clay targets and will cause them to start breaking down.

See my new thread on insulation.  :laugh:

Also, the other project I've got going is instead of a pole barn (because prices on them are outrageous right now too), I'm just putting up one of those enclosed metal buildings the carport guys do next to the shop, where I will park the tractor and ATVs, and I think that's where I'll store fuel and chemicals and use the conex for more "clean" storage.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge