Author Topic: WH pulls ATF Chief nominee  (Read 2303 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: WH pulls ATF Chief nominee
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2021, 10:08:44 AM »

For that matter it's not confined to the right.  Leftists will flat burn .gov buildings down with agents in them.

This needs to be repeated. For the left, it goes all the way back to at least the weather underground, and goes beyond just attacking feds.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 10:59:52 PM »
I feel like people keep forgetting that one of the outcomes of Waco and Ruby Ridge was Oklahoma City.  The 90's was a very different culture, but if anything I think crazy folks going hunting for feds if they feel attacked is more likely now.

I recall reading that Timothy McVeigh said before his execution that he wished he had killed the man who shot Vicky Weaver instead of blowing up the federal building.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 12:35:50 PM »
Political appointee - I'd bet Giffords.

Giffords would be a perfect fit

“The insurrectionists who attacked the US Capitol are the same ones pushing an extremist guns-everywhere agenda,” the tweet states. “For the safety and future of our country, lawmakers need to protect public safety and democracy from extremism and violence.”
Gabby Giffords: America’s Gun Owners Are Insurrectionists and a Threat to Democracy
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gabby-giffords-americas-gun-owners-are-insurrectionists-and-a-threat-to-democracy/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2021, 10:45:02 AM »
Good. Chipman is a huge pile of excrement.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2021, 06:50:32 PM »
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Chipman Says His Nomination Was a ‘Gangster Move’ By the White House…Now Feels Abandoned
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/chipman-says-his-nomination-a-gangster-move-by-the-white-house-now-feels-abandoned/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2021, 09:06:00 PM »
Yeah, a real gangster move - cuz gangsters love it when something they try doesn't work out, and they have to slink away with their tails between their legs. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2021, 09:26:06 PM »
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Chipman Says His Nomination Was a ‘Gangster Move’ By the White House…Now Feels Abandoned
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/chipman-says-his-nomination-a-gangster-move-by-the-white-house-now-feels-abandoned/

“Either this was impossible to win, or the strategy failed,” Chipman told the newspaper, adding, “This was a failure.” Later in the interview, Chipman described nominating someone like him – a lifelong anti-gun activist – as a “gangster move” by White House staff.

I didn't know this was supposed to be about "winning." It has always struck me that an excellent strategy for getting nominees confirmed might be to nominate well-qualified people.

I'm sooooo naive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2021, 08:38:20 PM »
To Repeat the OP, we dodged a bullet.

"The job of the ATF is to stop domestic terrorists"

"It's easier to buy a gun than to buy a beer"

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/10/27/president-bidens-atf-nominee-tells-cbs-news-its-easier-to-buy-a-gun-than-a-beer-in-much-of-america/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2021, 10:24:18 PM »

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/10/27/president-bidens-atf-nominee-tells-cbs-news-its-easier-to-buy-a-gun-than-a-beer-in-much-of-america/
I bought a beer at a football game last weekend.  No paperwork.  I didn't even have to show ID since I no longer look anywhere close to 21.  All I had to do was pay for it.  Did my part to get that beer off the streets. 

Saw Texas A&M play in College Station, TX with my brother and niece.  Great game and visit.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2021, 07:32:06 PM »

It's easier to get a gun than a beer. Or a book. Or a bellhop, maybe? Or whatever starts with a "b," whatever. These lefties are too busy fighting domestic terrorism to worry about the details.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife