Author Topic: Prepare for Mandate-palooza  (Read 5038 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Prepare for Mandate-palooza
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2021, 09:20:44 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2021, 09:27:26 PM »
The people that visit every home and business in the nation are the ones that don't have to be "inoculated" from the "deadly" plague? That is the most clown-world thing I've read all week.

Also, it conveniently shields a certain demographic that votes heavily for Democrats, doesn't trust the vaccine, and is over-represented in the USPS.

This alone shows me it all has little to do with the actual virus. Plus they've let over 1 million illegals loose into the wild. What kept them from giving them all at least one shot before they let them disappear? The ones that were in detention centers anyway. Who knows how many "gotaways" got away with an active infection?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2021, 09:51:09 PM »
In December of 2019, I had a bad case of crud.

It started with my sinuses taking a "disco hut" dump for about two days or so.

I somehow knew that if I aspirated the *expletive deleted*it, I would have problems. So I did shots of nyquil, and slept with my forehead on a chair, over the edge of the bed, dripping on a sacrificial towel.

That seemed to work. I was back at work after the weekend (mutter...), and then gave it to everyone else.

In December of 2020, I caught something. 102 fever. Had to go get tested. Negative. Still ran a fever for damn near two weeks. Felt like ass.

Blog under construction

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2021, 10:40:18 PM »
Wow.  I shouldn't be surprised, but I am a little.

How do you guys predict this will play out?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2021, 11:09:35 PM »

Well, state lawsuits are getting started up already. I talked to a recently retired engineer from a defense contractor. He thinks there will be a lot of retirements if this goes through.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 02:32:46 AM »

I will not be compelled to take it, if I lose my job I will be incredibly angry, like-nothing left to lose angry.
I'm 61 and may choose poverty and collect SS at 62 rather than collect 401k at 65 or 70 like I've been planning.
if forced into early retirement on the paltry ss I would get at 62yrs old - I plan on being as huge of a thorn as I possibly can be
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2021, 06:55:27 AM »
I will not be compelled to take it, if I lose my job I will be incredibly angry, like-nothing left to lose angry.
I'm 61 and may choose poverty and collect SS at 62 rather than collect 401k at 65 or 70 like I've been planning.
if forced into early retirement on the paltry ss I would get at 62yrs old - I plan on being as huge of a thorn as I possibly can be
Don't be surprised if being vaccinated becomes a prerequisite of collecting SS.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2021, 07:12:16 AM »
I have a good friend I've known since middle school.  Pre-COVID we used to get together once a week for coffee.  He's center-left to left on most issues (although is still hooked on guns from when I'd take him shooting during high school).

A few weeks ago he texted me and mentioned his visceral reaction against vaccine mandates.  He's all for the COVID vaccines and is vaccinated himself, but didn't like the idea of the feds mandating them.

I'm interested to talk to him to see how he feels now.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2021, 07:21:38 AM »
Many voters on the left seem to have sort of skipped civics class... They think that the president has the power of a king - that's why they celebrated King Obama, and instantly grew ultra paranoid over Orange Man, the Usurper...

If he says this, they will comply, and they'll try to force others to comply.
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2021, 07:28:35 AM »
and the USA is still ignoring those with natural immunity, pretending it doesn't exist...

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2021, 09:17:50 AM »
I have a good friend  . . . he texted me and mentioned his visceral reaction against vaccine mandates.  He's all for the COVID vaccines and is vaccinated himself, but didn't like the idea of the feds mandating them . . .
Sounds like your friend and I are on the same page.

I - after consultation with my own doctor - got two doses of the Pfizer vaccine. MY DECISION.

Vaccine mandates - even for those with natural immunity after recovering from COVID? Even for those at low risk? Even for those with medical issues that argue AGAINST the vaccination? And limiting the freedom of the "unvaccinated" no matter WHAT the reason is for their being unvaccinated?

No. In fact - HELL NO.

I am NOT repeat NOT advocating anything, but just making an observation now - the little cards they give you after being vaccinated don't seem to have any anti-counterfeiting security features included like color shifting ink, watermarks, UV sensitive thread, etc. So unlike US currency, it seems as if any good print shop can run off a batch with little difficulty.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2021, 09:20:32 AM »
I was unaware that the airport mask mandate involved fines. I see Biden is doubling them. I haven't been to an airport in a good while. How are these enforced? When does it go from a warning to a fine? Is it just, "mask on - yes/no", or do they also fine all those people who wear a mask, but have it below their nose?

President Joe Biden’s administration on Thursday doubled the fines for people who are caught violating the federal mask mandate in effect at airports and on some modes of public transportation.

The fees, previously ranging from $250 to first-time offenders to up to $1,500 for repeat offenders, will now be $500 and up for people caught violating the mandate for the first time and up to $3,000 for people caught violating it more than once.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-doubles-fines-for-violators-of-mask-mandate-at-airports-on-trains_3991060.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2021, 09:25:59 AM »
I was unaware that the airport mask mandate involved fines. I see Biden is doubling them. I haven't been to an airport in a good while. How are these enforced? When does it go from a warning to a fine? Is it just, "mask on - yes/no", or do they also fine all those people who wear a mask, but have it below their nose?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-doubles-fines-for-violators-of-mask-mandate-at-airports-on-trains_3991060.html

You can always count on a democrat to jack up taxes, fees, and fines every chance they get.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2021, 09:32:04 AM »

I've flown several times since this all started.  SO far I have yet to see someone be fined.  Airline and TSA employees will ask people to put their masks on correctly when they see someone with it off, or [sometimes, depending on the employee] worn incorrectly.  As long as it isn't met with outright refusal I've not seen it escalated.  I suspect that fines are introduced if you cause enough fuss that airport cops are called, which I've seen on YouTube, but not in person.  If you get the plane turned around, I would bet on there being fines.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »
WH Chief of Staff spills the beans. Not only does it straight up admit they were gaming the system, it lays groundwork for why the mandate is likely doomed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/klain-vaccine-coronvirus-mandate

Brad
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 10:34:05 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2021, 10:30:33 AM »
President Biden
@POTUS

United States government official
We are going to protect the vaccinated workers from unvaccinated coworkers.

Okay then.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2021, 11:53:31 AM »
I like this:

Mary Katharine Ham
@mkhammer
Replying to
@mkhammer
So you have this spectacle, particularly on Twitter, where vaxxed white-collar metropolitans crap on the people who got their natural immunity delivering food and emergency services to said white-collar metropolitans so *they* could stay home, stay safe for a year.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/09/10/mary-katharine-ham-has-some-news-for-vaxxed-white-collar-metropolitans-sneering-at-americans-who-might-be-unvaccinated-for-a-reason/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2021, 12:22:12 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2021, 01:09:41 PM »
and the USA is still ignoring those with natural immunity, pretending it doesn't exist...

This part really bugs me. There's no good reason to disregard natural immunity.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2021, 02:42:24 PM »
Fauci isn't sure what's going on with natural immunity discussions either:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1436366439901024262

Regarding his "durability" comment, we absolutely know that covid 2 natural immunity currently has at least the same durability as the vaccines up to this point, since naturally immune test subjects have been walking around with robust antibodies for longer than there has been a vaccine.

Further, we can go back to the Washington University (peer reviewed) study on Covid 1 with a 17 year (longest available timeframe) dataset that shows robust natural antibodies to that Covid, all the way out to the 17 years.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2021, 03:43:19 PM »
Decades since anyone protested the government...

Axios
@axios
Top Republicans are calling for a public uprising to protest Biden's broad vaccine mandates, eight months after Jan. 6.

It has been decades since America has witnessed such blatant and sustained calls for mass civil disobedience against the government.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/09/10/it-was-all-a-crazy-nightmare-axios-forgets-2020-happened-to-sound-alarm-about-blatant-and-sustained-calls-for-protests/

The MSM is nothing more than the Jerry Springer show anymore. You try to avoid watching it, but if you happen to see it while flipping the channels, you can't help but stop and watch the train wreck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2021, 05:19:19 PM »

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2021, 05:49:34 PM »
What happens if instead of protests or lawsuits, or "I will not comply!", everybody just ignores Biden and his diktats? 

I will admit that when HR at my company sent out an unenforceable mandate last week to load their new Vaccine Passport app on my personal cell phone (which I pay for myself and am not required to have) and upload my personal health information into it and consent to them accessing and sharing it, I could have ignored it but I replied "I will not comply!"  It would have made more sense to ignore them but IWNC felt better.
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2021, 06:20:17 PM »
What happens if instead of protests or lawsuits, or "I will not comply!", everybody just ignores Biden and his diktats? 

I will admit that when HR at my company sent out an unenforceable mandate last week to load their new Vaccine Passport app on my personal cell phone (which I pay for myself and am not required to have) and upload my personal health information into it and consent to them accessing and sharing it, I could have ignored it but I replied "I will not comply!"  It would have made more sense to ignore them but IWNC felt better.

Given recent rulings and its current makeup, I'm not all that sanguine about SCOTUS ruling against these unconstitutional mandates.  What is your Plan B if your IWNC results in the loss of your job?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2021, 06:30:23 PM »
Given recent rulings and its current makeup, I'm not all that sanguine about SCOTUS ruling against these unconstitutional mandates.  What is your Plan B if your IWNC results in the loss of your job?

Plan B is I move my retirement date up.  I'm ready to retire right now, I'm only still working thru the end of the year because my 1st line manager and my coworkers are depending on me finishing some stuff.  It's a professional courtesy to them, and the money is nice but I don't need it.

They need me, I don't need them.  Upper management doesn't care, of course, and would like to make an example of me.  But it's been a week and I haven't heard anything yet.
"It's good, though..."