Author Topic: Prepare for Mandate-palooza  (Read 5037 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Prepare for Mandate-palooza
« on: September 09, 2021, 10:35:29 AM »
Vax and mask mandates in the works, or so scuttlebutt says.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-covid-six-prong-plan-white-house

I just thought I couldn't get more fed up with this admin. I was wrong. *sigh*

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Prepare for Mandate-palooza
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
I saw the other day that Psaki, without saying what was in this plan, made a smirking comment, when asked about restricting freedoms, that, "Well, that depends on if you're vaccinated or not."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 11:30:12 AM »
They have power. At the moment. And I think they are very worried that they could lose it. And their core faithful are DEMANDING that they use the power.

So... Rather than sitting back and boiling the frog slowly, I suspect that they are acquiescing to the hard core left, and are damn near ready to go nuclear.

Yeah, some of 'em would nuke Tulsa...
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 11:31:21 AM »
They have power. At the moment. And I think they are very worried that they could lose it. And their core faithful are DEMANDING that they use the power.

So... Rather than sitting back and boiling the frog slowly, I suspect that they are acquiescing to the hard core left, and are damn near ready to go nuclear.

Let’s dance. The quicker they go hard the better the resistance will be.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 11:39:20 AM »
Right now I'm hearing  part of the EO is mandatory vaccines for feds and fed contractors, no exceptions, no showing negative tests, no natural immunity. Vaccine or else. Glad I'm retired.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 11:44:36 AM »
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/571432-police-expect-capitol-fencing-reinstalled-for-sept-18-rally

Will be interesting (in the chinese proverb sense) to see what lessons both sides took from Jan 6.  I expect any mandates from this evening will be a big topic at the fence line next weekend.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 11:53:52 AM »
Let’s dance. The quicker they go hard the better the resistance will be.

I suspect you underestimate just how hard the left can push without any meaningful push-back.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »
Virtually any national/major company will sell something to the government.

So, they are backdooring millions.
Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »
Never make a rule you can’t enforce. Military 101 but I am using it a lot lately.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 02:07:36 PM »

[/b]

If it wasn't for the fallout coming my way due to prevailing winds I wouldn't mind so much.
Berkley on the Arkansas.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 02:36:19 PM »
Our current governor has mandated masks inside.  It's widely being ignored, at least where I'm at.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 05:20:02 PM »
And so it begins:

President Joe Biden is announcing Thursday that all employers with more than 100 workers will be forced to require coronavirus vaccinations or test employees weekly.

Employers can pass the costs onto employees. Fines for employers up to $14K/day for not complying. Also, once again no mention of natural immunity.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-set-to-announce-vaccine-mandate-or-weekly-testing-for-companies-with-more-than-100-employees

Edit: Oh, good question in the comments: Will Biden force all welfare recipients to get vaccinated in order to recieve their handout?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 05:23:08 PM »
Well that’s gonna cause a riot at work…
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 05:24:33 PM »
Considering this directly and unequivocally affects fully one third of all Americans regardless of political stripe, I think *expletive deleted*it's about to get real.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 05:26:01 PM »

Edit: Oh, good question in the comments: Will Biden force all welfare recipients to get vaccinated in order to recieve their handout?

I have read the same calls for the unemployed, since many employers are now requiring new applicants to be vaccinated.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 05:51:02 PM »
Lets see if this takes his poll numbers into the 20's.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »
I have read the same calls for the unemployed, since many employers are now requiring new applicants to be vaccinated.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a notice in the mail that says I have to show proof of vaccination to continue getting my fed.gov pension. There are all kinds of ways they can go Australia style totalitarian on us.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2021, 06:03:30 PM »
A pretty good breakdown why the mandate is pretty much toast based on recent SCOTUS decisions.

https://youtu.be/7QFRlRfsz-4

TL:DR... POTUS cannot EO Fed.Gov bureau enforcement beyond legislated boundaries. Their recent ruling on mandated extensions of eviction restrictions is his foundation.

Shorter version... POTUS cannot mandate a new OSHA guideline that doesn't conform with current law.

I figure States (plural) will petition this directly to SCOTUS by no later than next week. Maybe sooner. If they rule in line with the Eviction EO decision, the mandate is DOA.

Brad
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 06:21:25 PM »
I'm not sure why that youtube dood thinks there aren't already  COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards in the CFR's, and why he thinks OSHA can't issue more.  It's well within OSHA's legislated authority to issue new standards or change current ones.  1910 Subpart U is the current set of ETS's.

I don't particularly like the Bureaucracy's ability to just "find" stuff and add it to the CFR's, but as I was sadly educated when the ATF decided every damn thing may be a receiver, it is within most agency's power to promulgate regulations.

I'm sure that it will be challenged, and while I hope it is cast down, I'm not as confident as that guy that it will be.

I predicted to my coworkers this morning that OSHA would be how he did this, as they have a ton of regulatory power and leeway.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 06:32:10 PM »
I work for a fab shop that has 100 employees and does federal work. I have a vaccine but thus far only let that on to my second job because I consider it my duty to make sure is part timers get all the same freebies as FT. At my regular job I predict that more than a few will quit and go to smaller shops. Everyone is hiring. For now. This will help tank the economy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 07:32:19 PM »
US Postal Service will be exempt from the mandate.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/09/09/us-postal-service-workers-are-not-included-in-president-bidens-federal-vaccine-requirement/
I wonder if the diktat was written “100 employees” or “100 workers”. Because if the latter then that explains the exemption for the USPS.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 09:13:08 PM »
US Postal Service will be exempt from the mandate.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/09/09/us-postal-service-workers-are-not-included-in-president-bidens-federal-vaccine-requirement/

The people that visit every home and business in the nation are the ones that don't have to be "inoculated" from the "deadly" plague? That is the most clown-world thing I've read all week.

Also, it conveniently shields a certain demographic that votes heavily for Democrats, doesn't trust the vaccine, and is over-represented in the USPS.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 09:16:31 PM »
The disrespect for natural immunity is probably the biggest issue that makes me swear to never get a vaccine.  I've got vaccines for lots of other things, I'm not anti-vax.  But I'm definitely anti-compulsion.

When the compulsion argument has a hard-headed denial for the fundamental science of how antibodies work, it makes me set my heels in.

I got COVID in Dec 2019.  Sucked hard.  I considered going to the hospital over it, breathing was a beyatch.  Took probably 3 months to get my lungs back.  I definitely had it, before it was even disclosed to the general public.

Given how ineffective the vaccine is at preventing reinfection from mutations, and I already have primary protection from catching it in winter 2019, I don't need or want any updated vaccines.  The hard push for it is something that puts my back up and is likely to make me be physically resistive if someone did try to compel the issue.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!