Author Topic: Prepare for Mandate-palooza  (Read 5042 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Prepare for Mandate-palooza
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2021, 08:32:19 PM »
Those of us in healthcare in Washington state are waiting to see what happens as of October 18th. As of that date, if you are a healthcare worker and are not fully immunized, you can no longer work.  If you don't get an exemption and want to keep working in healthcare, it will have to be in another state.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2021, 09:08:58 PM »
Those of us in healthcare in Washington state are waiting to see what happens as of October 18th. As of that date, if you are a healthcare worker and are not fully immunized, you can no longer work.  If you don't get an exemption and want to keep working in healthcare, it will have to be in another state.

C'mon down to the high plains. I can set you up with a real estate agent, some solid job leads, and a couple of great places for Happy Hour.

Brad
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:38:51 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2021, 09:14:38 PM »
“We have a nursing shortage and can’t care for patients!”
“Also, we are going to fire a bunch more nurses.”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2021, 09:28:36 PM »
Oh gee, look who else somehow dropped between the cracks on vaccination! From the linked story:

But not included in the executive orders are mandates for members of federal employees in the legislative or judicial branches, including members of Congress, their staffers, as well as federal judges and other court employees.

Earlier in the year, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was asked about requiring that members of Congress be vaccinated.

“Public health officials are encouraging wearing masks indoors,” Pelosi began.

She continued: “So here’s the thing—we cannot require someone to be vaccinated. It’s just not what we can do.”

The vaccination status of any member of Congress, Pelosi said, “is a matter of privacy.” She noted that she “cannot go to the Capitol physician and say ‘give me the names of people who aren’t vaccinated’ so I can go encourage them or make it known to others to encourage them to be vaccinated.” Pelosi closed, “So we can’t do that.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/members-of-congress-federal-judges-staffers-exempt-from-vaccine-mandate_3991881.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2021, 09:33:04 PM »
“We have a nursing shortage and can’t care for patients!”
“Also, we are going to fire a bunch more nurses.”

Bingo.  But since it is a state mandate, the employer has no discretion on this. 

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2021, 10:25:16 PM »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2021, 11:08:06 PM »
Vaccine or else. Glad I'm retired.

That makes two of us !!

Look at all the hospitals that are now hurting with too few staff to handle the current load.  They are short-staffed because they forced their people to make a choice of "jab or job" and a lot of them left.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2021, 01:32:21 AM »
WH Chief of Staff spills the beans. Not only does it straight up admit they were gaming the system, it lays groundwork for why the mandate is likely doomed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/klain-vaccine-coronvirus-mandate

Brad

Not to get all tinfoiley but what makes people think this was a gaffe?  If SCOTUS strikes down the mandate down that just gives them ammo for court packing, particularly if it’s a 5-4 ruling (Roberts will find some way to call the mandate a tax and vote to uphold it).  Really, for anything closer than 8-1 would do it.  If 8-1 or 9-0 they’d lose that topic as it’s hard to argue the need to add 4 hyper-left justices when Roberts, Kagan, Sotomayor and Breyer are already voting against you.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2021, 03:10:00 AM »
Don't be surprised if being vaccinated becomes a prerequisite of collecting SS.

surprised? not at all.  the anger this would stir in me and others will effect a change in policy
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2021, 07:40:23 AM »
Bingo.  But since it is a state mandate, the employer has no discretion on this.
On the bright side, at least you are finally getting rid of those young, passionately conservative and stubbornly ignorant nurses going out of their way to spread fear, paranoia and rambling conspiracy theories based largely in misplaced, extreme political beliefs!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2021, 07:41:47 AM »
On the bright side, at least you are finally getting rid of those young, passionately conservative and stubbornly ignorant nurses going out of their way to spread fear, paranoia and rambling conspiracy theories based largely in misplaced, extreme political beliefs!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqYf0XacrXizu9KI1kgqq3g
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2021, 10:14:14 AM »
Very slight tangent, but how does the Dept of Education's civil rights arm have a case here? While certainly the MSM keeps pushing the Florida law as "no masks allowed", the actual legal documentation is "no forcible mask wearing". Anyone who wants to wear a mask can, and anyone who doesn't want to doesn't have to. This is freedom from both sides of the equation, so how is it a civil rights violation?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/09/11/corey-deangelis-sums-up-insanity-of-dept-of-educations-civil-rights-investigation-into-florida-ban-on-mask-mandates/

zahc

• friend
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2021, 10:34:26 AM »
Is there no religious exemption?

If there's a religious exemption, why not just claim that vaccination is forbidden to you by the flying spaghetti monster?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2021, 10:37:10 AM »
Is there no religious exemption?

If there's a religious exemption, why not just claim that vaccination is forbidden to you by the flying spaghetti monster?

I highly doubt it but they'll probably let it slide if you're Muslim. I'm only half joking here.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2021, 11:09:29 AM »

We are going to be very interested to see the demographics of the staff that do quit or are fired.  Most of the nursing staff here are Caucasian women under age 50 with children.  So will it be people close to retirement, or younger staff, or people with or without kids?  Washington state has said that if you lose your job due to a vaccine requirement, you are not eligible for unemployment.  And now with the Federal mandate with companies with over 100 employees, the net grows tighter and tighter for healthcare workers.

ETA: we have already seen resignations from physicians on the medical staff.  They are either close to retirement, or they plan on moving to another state.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2021, 11:31:12 AM »

"Good bye Jews!"

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2021, 12:31:56 PM »
We are going to be very interested to see the demographics of the staff that do quit or are fired.  Most of the nursing staff here are Caucasian women under age 50 with children.  So will it be people close to retirement, or younger staff, or people with or without kids?  Washington state has said that if you lose your job due to a vaccine requirement, you are not eligible for unemployment.  And now with the Federal mandate with companies with over 100 employees, the net grows tighter and tighter for healthcare workers.

That is unbelievably stupid, especially with healthcare workers. But then again after years of Democratic leadership in WA it is not to be unexpected. I did just get a new Nursing license, just not in WA. I got a NV one just in case they make it too attractive to not work a little bit.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2021, 11:59:30 AM »
Washington Post "journalist" thrilled to death that he had to show his vax card and ID (to verify it was his vax card) everywhere he went in NYC. If the ID thing is accurate, I guess it must not be that much of a hardship for minorities to get IDs then. Hello voting.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/12/think-you-meant-terrified-glenn-kessler-dragged-for-being-impressed-after-having-to-show-his-id-and-vaccine-card-everywhere-in-nyc/

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2021, 12:06:35 PM »
Washington Post "journalist" thrilled to death that he had to show his vax card and ID (to verify it was his vax card) everywhere he went in NYC. If the ID thing is accurate, I guess it must not be that much of a hardship for minorities to get IDs then. Hello voting.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/12/think-you-meant-terrified-glenn-kessler-dragged-for-being-impressed-after-having-to-show-his-id-and-vaccine-card-everywhere-in-nyc/

Bootlicking retard
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2021, 02:15:42 PM »
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2021, 11:02:03 PM »
Thanks for posting that.  I'd never heard of her

i'VE BEEN A BIG FAN OF HER FOR YRS!! i just love her
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2021, 08:47:35 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?