Author Topic: The new James Bond movie: No time to die  (Read 6113 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The new James Bond movie: No time to die
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2021, 10:17:10 AM »
That one was a movie or two too far for Moore

Moore starred in a total of 7 Bond movies.

That's 7 too many.

8 too many if you count Moonraker as twice the suck of any other Moore movie.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2021, 09:41:54 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2021, 11:00:44 PM »
John Mason in The Rock was James Bond. That would make The Rock the last James Bond installment with Connery playing the role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FdnevXjqdc
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:40:39 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2021, 11:46:01 AM »
I've got my tickets for this afternoon!

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2021, 06:06:16 AM »
Excellent wrap of the Craig era. A surprising closing song which was an opening song in a previous Bond film.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2021, 07:49:34 PM »
Watched it after work tonight, I enjoyed it. Shitton of homage to a lot of the past Bond flicks.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2022, 09:16:09 PM »
Finally watched it streaming on Amazon.  Craig continued his stone cold killer 'Bond'.  Not sure I liked it given the ending.  Makes me wonder where they will go next with the franchise, or if it will just end finally.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2022, 09:22:32 PM »
Finally watched it streaming on Amazon.  Craig continued his stone cold killer 'Bond'.  Not sure I liked it given the ending.  Makes me wonder where they will go next with the franchise, or if it will just end finally.

No way it ends.  Probably will be an LGBTWTFBBQ character next.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2022, 11:46:04 PM »
Omg... Is Q...
Blog under construction

grampster

• friend
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2022, 08:34:02 PM »
"No way it ends.  Probably will be an LGBTWTFBBQ character next."

Well, the black lady was assigned 007.

"Omg... Is Q..."

Heh heh heh heh
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2022, 03:01:44 PM »
I could go for this--although a reboot might want a younger actor.  Luther and The Wire were brilliant

https://movieweb.com/idris-elba-back-in-talks-star-james-bond/

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2022, 05:10:17 PM »
I just don't know about Idris Elba as James Bond.  There was a point where I thought he might do well in the role.  Now, as great an actor as he is, I'm afraid he might turn out to be another George Lazenby.
On the other hand, he could turn out to be a great Bond.  It's one of those things where I'd just have to see him in the role to make up my mind.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2022, 11:56:04 AM »
Finally got around to watching it.  I quite enjoyed all of the Easter Eggs to previous Bond films.  The story was meh.  Rami Malek is a good actor, and was very underused in this film.  He's going to kill the world...why?  Would have been nice to flush out his story a bit.

Female 007?  Didn't bother me a bit, since they didn't try to make her "Jane Bond," but rather the next 00 agent after Bond retired.  And honestly, a black woman in this world can often disappear into a crowd easier than a white man.

The ending?  It's how I imagine a real Bond would be. Willing to sacrifice for the good of others.

Where we go next?  I'll be interested to see.  I'm ignoring the casting rumors, because they are just that.  I wouldn't mind a black Bond if the actor is good.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2022, 02:14:58 PM »
Finally got around to watching it.  I quite enjoyed all of the Easter Eggs to previous Bond films.  The story was meh.  Rami Malek is a good actor, and was very underused in this film.  He's going to kill the world...why?  Would have been nice to flush out his story a bit.

Female 007?  Didn't bother me a bit, since they didn't try to make her "Jane Bond," but rather the next 00 agent after Bond retired.  And honestly, a black woman in this world can often disappear into a crowd easier than a white man.

The ending?  It's how I imagine a real Bond would be. Willing to sacrifice for the good of others.

Where we go next?  I'll be interested to see.  I'm ignoring the casting rumors, because they are just that.  I wouldn't mind a black Bond if the actor is good.

A black 007?  Sure.  A black (or whatever intersectionality you prefer) James Bond?  Hell  no.  Honestly, wouldn’t that be kind of insulting to black folks?  Instead of developing a character that’s black they just change a white character to a black one.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2022, 05:26:03 PM »

If it was done because the actor is that good, sure.  With the typical Hollywood decision making, it would probably be some gay black man with little acting experience similar to Doctor Who.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2022, 06:06:16 PM »
If it was done because the actor is that good, sure.  With the typical Hollywood decision making, it would probably be some gay black man with little acting experience similar to Doctor Who.

Is the Doctor a gay black man now?  I thought it was still Jodie Whittaker.  (she has done a fine job considering the material she's been given, but the writing has been so bad I quit watching)
"It's good, though..."