Author Topic: Biden Budget proposal and total financial tracking  (Read 3110 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Biden Budget proposal and total financial tracking
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 06:44:57 AM »
It is a 4th amendment violation for the government to collect this info itself.  The dodge is private corporations collect the info and then give or sell it to the government.
Which should still be a 4th amendment violation, but too many squishy judges don't throw out those arguments.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2021, 11:07:30 AM »
Which should still be a 4th amendment violation, but too many squishy judges don't throw out those arguments.

You misspelled complicit.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2021, 11:24:46 AM »
Ayn Rand was ahead of the game in  Atlas Shrugged

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »
Get people to put their money in cash, then inflate the *expletive deleted*it out of it and voila!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2021, 12:50:57 PM »
Get people to put their money in cash, then inflate the *expletive deleted*it out of it and voila!

Yep. Even now any large cash holding is dumb. Convert to something useful or just spend it for fun.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 11:29:19 PM »
Invest in precious metals, brass, copper, lead...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2021, 11:58:09 PM »
Invest in precious metals, brass, copper, lead...

My 22LR stocks are doing well. Primers better than Dogecoin.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 10:43:42 AM »

I agree... getting a person's bank records should require a warrant.  It is an obvious fourth amendment issue.  Unfortunately, the Supreme Court is full of weasels.  You have a right to privacy in your "papers" but that doesn't include bank records?!?!?   :mad:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2021, 12:06:56 PM »
I agree... getting a person's bank records should require a warrant.  It is an obvious fourth amendment issue.  Unfortunately, the Supreme Court is full of weasels.  You have a right to privacy in your "papers" but that doesn't include bank records?!?!?   :mad:
I heard someone talking about that not too far back.  They mentioned that people should retain ownership of their information no matter how it was obtained by the govt or 3rd party.  That would mean the govt shouldn't use it without permission/payment and neither should a 3rd party like Facebook or Google.  Wishful thinking with politicians these days.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2021, 01:02:39 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2021, 04:15:34 PM »
House bill would exempt "local news journalists" from employment taxes:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/14/straight-up-payoff-house-democrats-are-definitely-taking-care-of-their-base-exempting-this-group-from-employment-taxes/

Democrats taking care of their own.

This no doubt includes the jobless "local journalists" covering the actions of their Antifa storm troopers.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2021, 12:27:24 AM »
Ahh, but you see, they're planning on "compromising" on that, with the "compromising" on that dollar value lending legitimacy to the concept as a whole, with subsequent "compromises" ultimately leading right back to their ultimate goal.

Oh, you naïve  conservatives!  MMM-BWAH-HAH-ha-ha-hahhhhh....

Terry, 230RN

Pic credit in Properties

OK.  If you're going to do "Snidely", I'll do "Dudley".

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2021, 12:30:58 AM »
"It's good, though..."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:20 PM »

Savoir Faire is everywhere !
:old:  =(
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”