Author Topic: Jesse Stone Movies  (Read 1530 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Jesse Stone Movies
« on: September 12, 2021, 03:08:30 PM »
I discovered the Jesse Stone movies around five years ago and just today started rewatching them. They are really, really good. Tom Selleck plays the brooding, man of few words police chief so well, and the background music really fits well with the overall melancholy, almost sad, theme of the movies. You defintely don't want to watch these to be uplifted.  =)

Also the dogs in them are amazing. I think I posted about them here when I first discovered the movies. Between the acting ability of the dogs and the way they cut to them in the different scenes, they are just fantastic additions to the overall mood of the movies.

Anyway, highly recommended movie watching - just really well done for TV movies. Also, if you watch them, you don't want to watch in release date order. The second movie is really the first, so chronologically, you want to watch:

Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006)
Jesse Stone: Stone Cold (2005)
Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise (2006)
Jesse Stone: Sea Change (2007)
Jesse Stone: Thin Ice (2009)
Jesse Stone: No Remorse (2010)
Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost (2011)
Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt (2012)
Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise (2015)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bob F.

• friend
Re: Jesse Stone Movies
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 07:51:33 PM »
Haven't seen them all, usually just stumble onto them, but I rreally like them!

"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 09:13:36 PM »
Never heard of them.  Might have to look them up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 02:40:13 PM »
I found the first three on Prime and (Pluto?).  Not too bad, but a tad procedural.  The dogs are great as the OP said.  The women sure do like Chief Stone, don't they?

I watched mainly as a Selleck fan, and the 80s Magnum is my all-time favorite show.  Favorite, not the best.  I do marathon the DVDs from time to time.

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 02:51:02 PM »
Just watched Lost In Paradise last night.  I liked that Steve (the dog) demanded Chinese food.  I'll have to go back and see if I've missed any, or maybe just re-watch them.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.