Author Topic: Judge Rules Against Cop Who Arrested Legal Gun Owner  (Read 899 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Judge Rules Against Cop Who Arrested Legal Gun Owner
« on: September 16, 2021, 05:00:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFgnje5fPg&list=WL&index=9

wow, I've always just showed my DL & ccw at the same time, around 10-15 yrs ago, cops didn't "like" that I had a gun but I never got arrested for obeying the law.
Last few times I've had to interact with LEO's they have not even blinked when informed I'm armed.
 Seems like east coast agencies in hysterical blue areas have not gotten the memo yet that they're still in the USA.
 I'm glad the gun owner "won" but shouldn't the crybaby cop face legal sanctions for violating his rights like this?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Judge Rules Against Cop Who Arrested Legal Gun Owner
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 05:15:51 PM »
A few things:

Body cam footage of this encounter would be very interesting to see.

The youtuber may have misspoken, but it sounded to me like he said the cop was appealing. Not the department, the cop. Why would the individual cop appeal? Was he sued or something? It sounded to me like it was just a case being dismissed.

Glad the accused got out of this. Other than the heart meds, this is the kind of situation I could see myself in - driving around some unknown location, google nav glitching, which it does all the time, and me pulling over so I'm not driving and fiddling with the phone. And I always have $200-$300 cash on me.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 05:31:02 PM »
. . .
 I'm glad the gun owner "won" but shouldn't the crybaby cop face legal sanctions for violating his rights like this?
If there ever was a situation when doxxing a cop would be justified - it's this one.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »
I always pull over to use my phone, I dislike wearing head phones and talking while driving.
Lately I even turn the radio off, I hate using gps - I like real paper maps.
If I do not know my way I will pull over to look it up on my phone tho, because I am still way unorganized from yrs of living in my truck/moving all over/stuff is in storage.
I always have ibuprofen/naproxen sodium/acetaminophen/vitamin C/pantothenic acid in my EDC messenger bag - its often not in original containers because I buy large/ carry enough for a day or two ( this looks suspicious to many people, but I do not try to please anyone but me )..
The last time I got pulled over the cop ( for a second ) thought my bottle of water was a beer bottle ( I bought an expensive glass bottle of water to avoid BPA ) 
This cop in question probably would have tried to send me to prison for daring to own/carry the same/better tool than he does
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 10:18:30 PM »
I've been hassled twice for pulling over to use my phone. They both took so long with my driver's license, I expected a fresh laminate job when they brought it back.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 11:18:50 PM »
I've been hassled twice for pulling over to use my phone. They both took so long with my driver's license, I expected a fresh laminate job when they brought it back.

Considering all the accidents caused by texting and phoning while driving, you'd think the cops would give you a medal for being sensible enough to pull off to use the phone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 05:14:36 PM »
Considering all the accidents caused by texting and phoning while driving, you'd think the cops would give you a medal for being sensible enough to pull off to use the phone.

Instead, they chose perverse incentive.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 01:05:18 AM »
If there ever was a situation when doxxing a cop would be justified - it's this one.
I guess Guns and Gadgets was just leaving names out of his video.  This article mentions his name repeatedly. 

Judge Denies Officer Qualified Immunity After Arrest of Lawful Gun Carrier
https://www.ammoland.com/2021/09/judge-denies-police-officer-qualified-immunity-arrested-gun-carrier/

Moreover, Judge Bond Arterton stripped Andrzejewski of qualified immunity.

The Judge said, “no reasonable officer could believe probable cause was present.” According to Judge Bond Arterton, just because Soukaneh had a gun, it did not give the officer the right to act the way he did. The Judge said that any contrary holding “would eviscerate Fourth Amendment protections for lawfully armed individuals.”

Mr. Soukaneh’s lawsuit against Officer Andrzejewski will be allowed to continue.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 03:23:49 AM »
 :mad:
Once Soukaneh was out of the Kia, the officer handcuffed him, pinning him against the car while conducting a pat down search that turned up a flash drive with some family photos, $320 in cash and a prescription drug container.

"Where's the prostitute? Where's the drugs?" Officer Andrzejewski shouted, according to the complaint.

Soukaneh explained those were legally prescribed nitroglycerin pills for his heart condition. He was held in the back of the squad car for thirty minutes, issued a ticket for parking in a driveway and then released. Soukaneh says Officer Andrzejewski never returned his money or the flash drive, so he sued for unlawful arrest. Officer Andrzejewski insisted the handcuffing was appropriate because he had not yet verified whether the permit was valid or not. The court disagreed, saying this de facto arrest was invalid.

Well, now we know who is actually looking for prostitutes! ... innocent till proven guilty of course, but if proven guilty? he doesn't need to be a cop.

https://www.thenewspaper.com/news/70/7076.asp

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 09:34:18 AM »
I know someone whose son is a police officer in Waterbury, Connecticut. I was very happy to find the officer's name, letting me know that it wasn't my friend's son.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design