Author Topic: Thermostat question ...  (Read 264 times)

Chester32141

• friend
Thermostat question ...
« on: September 14, 2021, 08:21:57 AM »
 =|
Last night my Honeywell thermostat did a strange thing.  It changed for several hours so that the temperature set was 3 degrees off ... set for 80 the temp was 83 ... this only lasted a couple hours ... then went back to acting properly since then ... thermostat can be accessed via an app though we never set that feature up.  AC/Furnace/Thermostat are only 18 months old.  Is there a chance that the utility company was adjusting our temps for us ? 
:old:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Thermostat question ...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 08:43:54 AM »
Do you have a battery back up in it? Could be the batteries.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Thermostat question ...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 08:48:32 AM »
Are you positive this is the first time that happened? If it's programmable, maybe check the programming schedule and see if there was an inadvertent programming for a short time temp change. Or there might be an "economy" feature built into the thermostat. See if there is such, and if it is active.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."