Author Topic: Texas and Anti-2A Banks  (Read 480 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Texas and Anti-2A Banks
« on: September 14, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »
So we know about the big banks, like Bank of America, who are refusing to do business with anyone in the gun industry. Apparently Texas is fighting back. The governor signed a new bill stating that any bank in Texas that refuses business with the gun and gun related industries will no longer be allowed to underwrite Texas bonds.

From the video, this can apparently be a big hit to banks. I don't really know how state bond underwriting works. If it's as detrimental to banks as the video makes it out to be, if more pro 2A states did this, it sounds like it could gut punch the banks unless they change their policy. I don't know if one state, even a big state like TX, can make make a difference on its own, but good on Abbott for doing something about this.

https://youtu.be/4VLk3SPoHyk
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Texas and Anti-2A Banks
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 10:10:21 PM »
I don't know how much good it will do, but it adds a little to the other side of the scale of influence on these big corporate banks.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Texas and Anti-2A Banks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »
Abbott is certainly capable of pulling some world class boners, but he's pretty consistent in not putting up with Big FedGov or SJW/Woke lunacy.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB