Author Topic: Will college admissions finally have to be color blind?  (Read 462 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Will college admissions finally have to be color blind?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 09:08:57 PM »
It SHOULD be color blind, who your daddy/mamma is blind, weather you come from money or work 3 jobs to put yourself through school blind!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 07:37:19 AM »
Only if the entire world is fascist.

Which, apparently, it is.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 09:40:19 AM »
Is Harvard a completely private school?  Should the govt be involved at all in who they let in the school? 

Beyond that, sure, be colorblind and have consistent standards that everyone knows going in so they can work for that goal.  Using 40 different metrics just allows wiggle room for admissions to pick and choose based on their own bias. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 06:51:11 PM »
I have no problem with legacy-based admissions.  If you have family that are alumni of a particular school, it means your family supported the school via tuition, represents the school via professional competency today, and possibly even contributes to its endowment after graduation.  It's a smart investment on the part of admissions to encourage the continuation of that tradition.

But even with legacies, the applicant ought to meet academic criteria that are representative of the school.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 07:11:55 PM »
Is Harvard a completely private school?  Should the govt be involved at all in who they let in the school? 

It is private, and the gov should not be involved,  but that ship has loooooong since sailed.  Harvard takes that sweet .gov lucre,  and the leftists decided last century that gives them the right to dictate policy.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 07:18:48 PM »
1960s: To end racism we must be color blind.
2020s: To end racism we must be color aware. Oh, and all whites are racist.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 08:02:14 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 11:53:54 PM »
There ARE schools that are colorblind in their admissions.  Thing 1 has applied to one of the most prominent, Hillsdale College.  They’re colorblind BECAUSE they reject all government money.  Their acceptance rate was 16% for the 2021 school year.  Numbers aren’t out for the 2022 school year yet, but the expectation is for acceptance rate to stay similar or even go down.  So she has a few backups.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2022, 10:14:22 AM »
Most colleges detest white men.

They will still try and find some method of screwing them over, even if it is illegal.