Author Topic: Another Weird Crime Story  (Read 4236 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Another Weird Crime Story
« on: September 17, 2021, 11:18:23 AM »
Has anyone else been reading about this in the news?

It boggles my mind that the boyfriend is just hiding. He drives her vehicle back home, then gives zero information to anyone. Seems like either he killed her, or else she did something really bad and he's protecting her. It sounded like she was going mental when this all happened.

Otherwise, why not cooperate, at least through your lawyer? It will be interesting to see what the real story is here.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-disappearance-brian-laundrie-florida-protest
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Another Weird Crime Story
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »
If there is no body, there's nothing that anyone can do, right?

And if they find a body, if they can't prove that the body was murdered, nothing again...

If he stays quiet...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »
I would think a missing persons report could at least get law enforcement to investigate.  Would the FBI get involved for that? 

Just thinking they could get credit card/bank records and figure out where they stopped and what route the van took.  Get video from various locations to confirm where they stopped seeing her.  That would give them some place to start looking.  Since it was across multiple states I would think it might require FBI or someone like that.

For that matter, what about her credit cards and such.  Did she have her own?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
Have they hired a private dick?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 12:10:45 PM »
I read yesterday that there was supposedly some sort of contact with police near the park that almost resulted in her being arrested on a domestic violence charge.

I agree, though, that this whole thing is very weird.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 12:13:08 PM »
Have they hired a private dick?

That's private investigator to you.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 12:16:48 PM »
I read yesterday that there was supposedly some sort of contact with police near the park that almost resulted in her being arrested on a domestic violence charge.

I agree, though, that this whole thing is very weird.

They had contact with POlice in Utah. The cops figured they were both having some mental health issues and declined to arrest her for domestic violence. There are quite a few places that have posted the body cam footage. The entire 1 hour plus encounter is posted on you tube.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 12:17:56 PM »
The entire 1 hour plus encounter is posted on you tube.

bob

I saw that yesterday but didn't want to sit through a whole hour of it. I wonder if someone has done an executive summary of it somewhere?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 12:20:00 PM »
From what I read, I wonder if the woman had bipolar and was experiencing a manic episode.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 12:52:47 PM »
"The cops figured they were both having some mental health issues..."

Hum... I'm wondering if they may have been experiencing drug issues.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 01:40:53 PM »
"The cops figured they were both having some mental health issues..."

Hum... I'm wondering if they may have been experiencing drug issues.
I was thinking that also.  It could be they split and she took off with someone else.  Not sure why he wouldn't say that if that was the case (at least to family). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 02:27:04 PM »
Been sort of following it, but there's not much to follow. At the very least, it would seem that the cops could bust him for auto theft, since the van is her vehicle and he drove it home to Florida alone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 03:18:39 PM »
Not defending the guy in any way...but keeping your mouth totally shut, period, end of story, is smart. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 07:53:01 PM »
Been sort of following it, but there's not much to follow. At the very least, it would seem that the cops could bust him for auto theft, since the van is her vehicle and he drove it home to Florida alone.

There was a guy near here that was the only suspect in his GF's disappearance.

He refused to talk to the cops and they had no real evidence so could not do anything.

However, it turns out he was a felon and thus a prohibited person and when circumstances forced him to move in with a family member who owned a shotgun they got him on felon in possession. 

So they put him away for that.

Thing is, the shottie was disassembled and in the attic and there's a good chance our boy didn't even know it was there.

So was that a fair way to get the guy?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 07:58:12 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 09:10:42 PM »
Update -- of sorts: https://news.yahoo.com/gabby-petito-told-police-her-200602504.html

Just randomly skipped through the video because again, I didn't want to watch an hour of it. I certainly could have missed something pertinent, but from the snippets I watched, it seemed like he was protecting her from getting in trouble. For instance, when asked why he swerved into the curb, saying that she grabbed the steering wheel versus what seemed to have actually occurred, which was her hitting him. The cop seem to think that anyway.

I'm almost going back to thinking he's being silent to protect her. Also, now that I saw the whole travel blog thing, I can't help but think it might also be a publicity stunt gone awry.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2021, 10:33:35 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2021, 03:37:47 AM »
 imo.
 like a ton of girls out there, she turned down a boatload of nice guys to go on an adventure with a bad boy.
 Pray for her, she will not be found alive.
 He will plea deal, do under ten, get a movie deal, get out and kill again.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 03:54:54 PM »
Here is another option.
The incident in Utah seemed to indicate she was having some kind of mental aberration, possibly stress related.  She was hitting him which almost got her arrested that night.  They continued on their journey but her mental problems continued.  Because of that, she may have told him to get lost so he abandoned her (not smart) and drove home.  Petito may have then hooked up with somebody else in an effort to get home on her own - also not smart.

Just thinkin'.
  =|
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 04:59:47 PM »
Now he has disappeared. Maybe one of her relatives has a wood chipper.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2021, 05:08:02 PM »
Now he has disappeared. Maybe one of her relatives has a wood chipper.

The police might not have been able to make him talk but I bet a pair of jumper cables and some golf cart batteries rigged up will.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2021, 06:17:20 PM »
The police might not have been able to make him talk but I bet a pair of jumper cables and some golf cart batteries rigged up will.

https://youtu.be/cy2Xj8Pz2Tk

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2021, 07:23:34 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-north-port-police-tiktok-laundrie-hitchhiking

TLDR couple picked up the boyfriend and he offered them $200 to drive him 10 miles then freaked out and bailed when they told him they were headed for Jackson.

Sure as hell doesn’t sound like an innocent man…but they both sound like the kind of *expletive deleted*ing weirdos that are attracted like to the parks like flies to *expletive deleted*it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2021, 07:30:35 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahObgDYU58E