Author Topic: Another Weird Crime Story  (Read 4237 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Another Weird Crime Story
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 07:50:25 AM »
  I've been following the case a little bit, I used to follow van life stuff on youtube because there is a lot of good info for shtf     like solar, rapid evac of your area with water/food/bed/shelter already available - all sorts of neat applications and heck, I hate rent too.
Some van life folks are making good money, nomad land movie too, ( filmed like it followed my life - I moved out of Gerlach, NV lived in my truck, went to near quartzsite, AZ )

The kids got a bad case of cabin fever, but, yes, she could be the bad actor here...but I doubt it
 if he didn't kill her, why didn't he talk?

his disappearance at first made me think he was fleeing due to guilt but yeah, you guys might be right - a relative could have accidentally killed him while extracting information with enhanced interrogation techniques
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-north-port-police-tiktok-laundrie-hitchhiking

TLDR couple picked up the boyfriend and he offered them $200 to drive him 10 miles then freaked out and bailed when they told him they were headed for Jackson.

Sure as hell doesn’t sound like an innocent man…but they both sound like the kind of *expletive deleted*ing weirdos that are attracted like to the parks like flies to *expletive deleted*it.

Weird. Why was he hitchhiking if he had Gabby's van?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2021, 05:19:47 PM »
Well, probably bad news:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/body-found-where-gabby-petito-search-is-underway-in-wyoming-no-confirmation-of-identity

If that means the boyfriend killed her, hopefully he ran into an alligator where he's currently hiding out.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2021, 05:33:31 PM »
One thing I've noticed is that the media consistently refer to the van as a Transit. But after looking at clips from some of Gabby's videos, it's clear that the van is actually the smaller Transit Connect model. I have to wonder if that's affecting the kind of information the police and the FBI are receiving.

On another note -- I can't imagine trying to camp for months at a time in a Transit Connect.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2021, 06:02:41 PM »
Weird. Why was he hitchhiking if he had Gabby's van?

My guess is when he couldn’t get away quick enough he returned to the van
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2021, 06:28:40 PM »
Breaking news is the found a female body they believe to be hers.  He still hasn't been found. Thinki g he went in the woods and offed himself.  Florida predators (gators, panthers, etc.) may make that body impossible to find.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »
Breaking news is the found a female body they believe to be hers.  He still hasn't been found. Thinki g he went in the woods and offed himself.  Florida predators (gators, panthers, etc.) may make that body impossible to find.

could be, I bet the coward will be caught.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 09:45:21 PM »
imo.
 like a ton of girls out there, she turned down a boatload of nice guys to go on an adventure with a bad boy.
 Pray for her, she will not be found alive.
 He will plea deal, do under ten, get a movie deal, get out and kill again.

well, it looks like so far I'm halfway correct. I hate it, its terrible and I'd like to punch the dude. kudo's to the cops that found her so the family can begin the grieving process.
I've been sort of avoiding the story, it seems like I've seen this movie before

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 10:33:24 PM »
It's now pretty clear (if there was any doubt before) that he killed her. They probably had another fight, so he killed her to shut her up. Then, rather than manning up about it, he dumped her body and went scurrying home to mommy and daddy Mommy and daddy, instead of doing the right thing and either talking him into surrendering or calling the cops, instead lawyered up and shut up. Then, once she was declared a missing person, his family started issuing platitudes< though their lawyer) about how they were praying that she would be found.

The whole bleepin' family should be charged with obstruction of justice, harboring a fugitive, and anything else the cops can throw at them.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2021, 11:08:18 PM »
I guess, who cares. Fox news is the only US news site I look at anymore and it is all Gabby, all the time. Tragedy she is dead. How many others happened in that time but weren't a good looking white girl?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2021, 11:40:29 PM »
I guess, who cares. Fox news is the only US news site I look at anymore and it is all Gabby, all the time. Tragedy she is dead. How many others happened in that time but weren't a good looking white girl?

IMO, that might actually be an interesting regular journalism story listing and looking into missing persons reports.  Not sure if the endings would be all that good. 

Gabby Petito one of three people missing near Grand Teton Park this summer
https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/gabby-petito-one-of-three-people-missing-near-grand-teton-park-this-summer/
No one cares about white guys. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 08:15:01 AM »

"Pretty white girl in trouble", news story all the time.  What are we being distracted from?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2021, 08:25:38 AM »
They found a body in Wyoming matching her description.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »
"Pretty white girl in trouble", news story all the time.  What are we being distracted from?
$3.5 Trillion spending package trying to get pushed through Congress via reconciliation to avoid the filibuster? 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2021, 10:20:32 AM »
$3.5 Trillion spending package trying to get pushed through Congress via reconciliation to avoid the filibuster?

Listening to a run down of the budget trickery the dems are using, that's actually more like $8 trillion.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2021, 10:28:54 AM »
Listening to a run down of the budget trickery the dems are using, that's actually more like $8 trillion.

The higher they can ramp up inflation the more people they can get depended on the government.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 11:15:24 AM »

More to the point, the Dems tried to sneak citizenship for DACA residents into the bill, and the Senate parliamentarian (bless her heart) nixed it. Schumer and Omar ar apoplectic.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-immigration-e590795e4593feccb2d966090a633be7

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2021, 05:31:31 PM »
Confirmation it's her

Autopsy confirms remains found in Wyoming are Gabby Petito's, FBI says
https://www.wlky.com/article/autopsy-confirms-remains-found-in-wyoming-are-gabby-petitos-fbi-says/37682214
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2021, 05:41:57 PM »
Confirmation it's her

Autopsy confirms remains found in Wyoming are Gabby Petito's, FBI says
https://www.wlky.com/article/autopsy-confirms-remains-found-in-wyoming-are-gabby-petitos-fbi-says/37682214

Cause of death not yet determined.

Dollars to donuts it'll be strangulation.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2021, 05:46:02 PM »
They did say that it was homicide though. Of course it could be manslaughter. The way they seemed to be having ongoing physical altercations, he could have easily shoved her down hard and her head may have impacted a rock or something. One story I saw said that there was a cross made of stones where the body was found.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2021, 01:20:20 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2021, 01:59:51 PM »
Cause of death not yet determined.

Dollars to donuts it'll be strangulation.

Good call on that a month ago, Hawk. She was strangled.

Of course.... me thinks you know a little too much... where were you during this time? Hum?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2021, 07:23:29 PM »
A notebook was found, and Laundrie is now a murder suspect. Additionally, human remains were found in the same area (apparently it was underwater until now), identification pending.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-brian-laundrie-human-remains-manhunt

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2021, 07:41:28 PM »
So I wonder if he did the decent thing and ate his gun, or did some local fauna do him in.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.