Author Topic: Feds looking to indict test pilot over 737 MAX crashes.  (Read 798 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Feds looking to indict test pilot over 737 MAX crashes.
« on: September 17, 2021, 04:03:14 PM »
I honestly thought all those folks would skate on this.

And if he goes down then why not also the execs that were his immediate supervisors? 

Given what I've learned about corporate culture over the years I am inclined to think pressure from above was being applied to this guy to get the system approved regardless of potential issues.

So why not roll them all up?

LOL this was 5150th post. That's crazy!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:26:55 PM by just Warren »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Feds looking to indict test pilot over 737 MAX crashes.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 04:07:21 PM »
So why not roll them all up?

My guess would be it's relatively easy to make him an example and declare victory while going any higher would cause Boeing to lawyer up and drag this out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:19:27 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 09:21:30 PM »
A scapegoat was needed and thus a scapegoat was found.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 10:19:25 PM »
The nature of this incident means that Boeing cannot be saved. There's nobody to blame except everybody. The only correct thing to do would be fire everyone and ban them from working in the industry forever, and auction everything off. There's really no way to carve out the rot.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 03:43:27 AM »
The nature of this incident means that Boeing cannot be saved. There's nobody to blame except everybody. The only correct thing to do would be fire everyone and ban them from working in the industry forever, and auction everything off. There's really no way to carve out the rot.

you're probably right, but not gonna happen.
A lot more will have to die before shtf for Boeing they're too big to fail, more important than the folks that must die because of their malfeasance
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 09:37:25 AM »
My guess would be it's relatively easy to make him an example and declare victory while going any higher would cause Boeing to lawyer up and drag this out.

Too true.

It wasn't the test pilot who decided to not even mention the MCAS system in the manual given to the airlines and their pilots.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 05:57:26 PM »
Too true.

It wasn't the test pilot who decided to not even mention the MCAS system in the manual given to the airlines and their pilots.

Exactly.  That was an executive level decision since it was to dodge FAA recertification and all the associated costs.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 06:58:13 PM »
It also wasn't the test pilot's decision to link the MCAS to a single angle of attack sensor, with no provision for detecting or reporting a malfunction of that one sensor, or disabling the MCAS in the event of a sensor "Disagree" indication.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 09:02:27 PM »
If I was that pilot I would be singing like a canary. I would also have kept detailed record from the very first, particularly when wonky *expletive deleted*it started getting swept under the rug.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 10:02:25 AM »
If I was that pilot I would be singing like a canary. I would also have kept detailed record from the very first, particularly when wonky *expletive deleted*it started getting swept under the rug.

Email is forever.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 12:06:38 PM »
"Wipe? You mean like with a cloth? chuckle, chuckle"