Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53939 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2021, 05:50:23 PM »
And yet this kid’s future is now up to 12 random people. Again with the Florida parallel - although it was much maligned at the time and not used by Zimmerman, this seems to be exactly the kind of scenario FL legislators were thinking of when they legislated to create stand your ground pretrial hearings that let a judge, not a jury, decide a case is self defense.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2021, 06:51:49 PM »
Wow

Eyewitness testifies that Rosenbaum told him and Rittenhouse, “if I catch any of you guys alone tonight I’m going to f-cking kill you” pic.twitter.com/Z8uOkWoZRW

— Washington Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) November 4, 2021
    Now that it is confirmed Joseph Rosenbaum was one of the people shot and killed by alleged gunman Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha, I filmed him earlier in the night taunting the armed civilians, saying, "Shoot me, n***a." pic.twitter.com/Nn2encm78Y

— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) August 27, 2020
    This is the prosecution's witness? Bizarre.

— Claudia (@JewsMatterToMe) November 4, 2021

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/04/eyewitness-testifies-that-man-kyle-rittenhouse-shot-threatened-to-kill-any-of-you-guys-he-caught-alone-that-night/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 07:26:32 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2021, 08:23:42 PM »
And yet this kid’s future is now up to 12 random people. Again with the Florida parallel - although it was much maligned at the time and not used by Zimmerman, this seems to be exactly the kind of scenario FL legislators were thinking of when they legislated to create stand your ground pretrial hearings that let a judge, not a jury, decide a case is self defense.
I don't live in Florida, but my understanding is the judge decides if a trial will take place at all.  Not quite the same thing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2021, 07:18:44 AM »
I don't live in Florida, but my understanding is the judge decides if a trial will take place at all.  Not quite the same thing.

The judge in a SYG hearing can decide that the case is self defense.  The judge can not determine that it is not self defense.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2021, 09:17:45 AM »
As an aside about "laying low" after the trial, I just saw this in the local commie news:

https://www.idahopress.com/news/local/hotel-gun-conference-featuring-george-zimmerman-has-been-canceled/article_98c53cb2-c1b4-5809-b4c9-b8e77c1ce96c.html

Apparently Zimmerman (who actually seems to have been laying low for the last couple of years) was going to be a speaker, so the usual liberals in Boise harangued the hotel into canceling the conference.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2021, 02:22:59 PM »
I'm enjoying the debates between the judge and the attorneys more than the repetitive witness testimony.

The prosecution wanted to get dead skateboard dude's great-aunt to testify to his bravery and heroism (thereby implying that his chasing Rittenhouse and trying to take his gun was true to character in a positive way) and after the jury was dismissed the defense read some testimony from a case against dead skateboard dude wherein said skateboard dude forced his brother and grandmother at knifepoint to clean a room, threatened to gut his brother like a pig, and threatened to burn the house down with them inside it.  The defense said that if the witness could testify to skateboard dude's heroism then they wanted to bring up that less savory evidence.  The judge ultimately said that the prosecution could decide whether they wanted to have the great aunt testify to bravery but he was likely to allow the evidence from the defense.

The prosecution decided to drop the question.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 02:45:30 PM by cordex »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2021, 02:43:03 PM »
A hero of the left. Netflix will be coming out with a movie of his life story soon.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2021, 02:50:26 PM »
The guys who came up with skate or die never meant it to be that serious.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2021, 02:56:59 PM »
Pedophile's fiancée testified.  It's interesting how the prosecution are skirting some of the unpleasant details about pedo and his relationship with the fiancée which was - as I understand - strained to the point that there was some sort of order for him to not stay with her.

The prosecution is sweating because they brought up the fact that he was just home from the hospital.  Defense wanted to use that as a reason to bring up that he was in a mental hospital which the judge didn't like, but then because medications were mentioned in testimony, they asked to be able to question the fiancée about the medication that the pedo had been taking or not taking.  The judge allowed that, which introduced the fact that pedo was bipolar.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2021, 05:02:34 PM »
I almost wonder if the persecution isn’t trying to lose.  Like, they had to take it to trial for political reasons, but don’t actually want a conviction.  But they can’t make it look tooooo obvious.

However that would assume a level of cunning I seriously doubt they possess.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »
I almost wonder if the persecution isn’t trying to lose.  Like, they had to take it to trial for political reasons, but don’t actually want a conviction.  But they can’t make it look tooooo obvious.

However that would assume a level of cunning I seriously doubt they possess.

Considering the train wreck of the prosecution's direct examination of McGuiness, it sure looks like they're trying to lose.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2021, 07:14:06 PM »
Considering the train wreck of the prosecution's direct examination of McGuiness, it sure looks like they're trying to lose.

That's actually possible if they were arm-twisted into bring this case and they know it's bogus.  Nahhhh.... That can't be it.

"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2021, 10:31:12 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2021, 11:25:03 PM »
timcast, a liberal i guess, agree's with us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GolZUeRBzZU
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2021, 11:31:17 PM »

Sleepers, starring Bacon, Pitt. Hoffman and DiNiro.
you can see the movie free on youtube, really good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdiN_4gBWk

D.A  purposely loses big case to right a wrong
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2021, 11:40:52 PM »
This case is a Kobayashi Maru for the prosecutor
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2021, 07:15:10 PM »
Might just be a loudmouthed attention whore, but serious if true. Claim is that jurors are being photographed for doxxing if Rittenhouse is not found guilty:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/11/07/man-claiming-to-be-related-to-george-floyd-says-he-knows-of-people-preparing-to-dox-rittenhouse-jurors-if-theres-a-not-guilty-verdict/

I wonder if "pre-doxxing" is a crime or not? Would it fall under jury tampering, or what?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2021, 07:35:01 AM »
"Would it fall under jury tampering, or what?"

Jury tampering and/or jury intimidation is a crime, yes.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2021, 07:41:51 AM »
I wonder if "pre-doxxing" is a crime or not? Would it fall under jury tampering, or what?

I don't see how this wouldn't.
Sadly probably nothing will be actually done about it for PC reasons other than lip service .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:25:38 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2021, 09:16:58 AM »
One day soon some of these "the justice system doesn't work, so mob rule" people are going to encounter the wrong mob, and get *expletive deleted*ed up.

Which, honestly, is the reason they are all in on destroying Kyle.  Because there HAS to be devastating consequences to standing against the mob, or more people will do it.  The little worker bees in black masks might not realize it, but those politicians and DA's do.  If people can stand up to their unofficial army and win, it looses it's value.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »
One day soon some of these "the justice system doesn't work, so mob rule" people are going to encounter the wrong mob, and get *expletive deleted*ed up.

Which, honestly, is the reason they are all in on destroying Kyle.  Because there HAS to be devastating consequences to standing against the mob,

standing against their mob
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2021, 10:39:28 AM »
The surviving person who Kyle shot is supposed to testify today.  Wasn’t he the one that told his buddy after the shooting that “if I had another chance I’d kill him”? I’m sure he’ll make a great witness for the prosecutor

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2021, 01:41:12 PM »
Holy crap!  You guys need to see the testimony, especially the first portion of the cross on Lefty.  In a just world this would result in a directed verdict of not guilty on at least the murder charges.

https://youtu.be/XZEdgcTbJ4Q

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2021, 02:21:44 PM »
That testimony was.....not great for the state.

For those that don't want to scroll through the live feed the highlights are the defense got Grosskreutz (the dude shot in the arm) to confirm that an earlier person ran up to Kyle, didn't attack, and Kyle held fire, then he admitted that when he was shot, he was moving towards Kyle, three feet away, and pointing a loaded Glock at Kyle.

It seems al though after the lunch break the defense is going to ask him about his roommates tweet where he is quoted as saying that he regrets not mag dumping into Kyle.  But honestly the "Moving forward and pointing a gun at him" part is probably all they needed.  ADA Binger literally put his head in his hands at the prosecution table.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!