Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53003 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2021, 04:07:41 AM »
"libtard" isn't a very becoming of you.  I hope we can do better than to mockingly equate those with differing political positions to "retards", itself a rather dated and pejorative term.

Okay then. 

Guess Randy Weaver's wife shouldn't have made gestures like she was going to shoot at Lon, he didn't have any choice but to defend himself from her attempt on his life.

This is just my opinion and not in any way intended to distort historical fact in order to win an internet argument and push my politics.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2021, 08:24:24 AM »
"libtard" isn't a very becoming of you.  I hope we can do better than to mockingly equate those with differing political positions to "retards", itself a rather dated and pejorative term.

A differing opinion is one thing, Posting blatant lies and then attempting to ridicule anyone that disagrees with the lie is another.
My opinion is that anyone that still attempts to push the false Zimmerman narrative, or the bullshit "hands up" Brown narrative or other divisive false narratives deserves any pejoratives and ridicule they collect.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »
A differing opinion is one thing, Posting blatant lies and then attempting to ridicule anyone that disagrees with the lie is another.
My opinion is that anyone that still attempts to push the false Zimmerman narrative, or the bullshit "hands up" Brown narrative or other divisive false narratives deserves any pejoratives and ridicule they collect.
That includes calling the Jan 6 events at the Capitol an "insurrection." Call it a "Disturbance" if you will, "Vandalism & Trespassing" is accurate, and I can even accept "Riot" even though I saw nothing on a level with the "peaceful protests" that gripped Minneapolis, Chicago, Portland, and other places. But a bunch of unarmed people who break a few windows, damage a few doors, and march around where they're not supposed to be before going back to their hotels to have supper and watch TV is the worst excuse for an "insurrection" I've ever seen or heard of.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »
Zimmerman knew Martín was trying to get away from
him and gave chase.

That's completely untrue.

Zimmerman had been following (not "chasing") Martin, but had lost sight of him and was returning to his car. Martin circled around and ambushed Zimmerman.

You MUST know that -- it has been covered in extreme detail in multiple reports, even those not generally favorable or sympathetic to Zimmerman. What do you hope to accomplish by maintaining such a patently false narrative?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2021, 09:44:05 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2021, 10:42:55 AM »
That's completely untrue.

Zimmerman had been following (not "chasing") Martin, but had lost sight of him and was returning to his car. Martin circled around and ambushed Zimmerman.

You MUST know that -- it has been covered in extreme detail in multiple reports, even those not generally favorable or sympathetic to Zimmerman. What do you hope to accomplish by maintaining such a patently false narrative?
Not to mention we have called out that error on this site a number of times, but it still keeps getting repeated. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2021, 04:49:28 PM »
Obviously it would have been valuable to have De Selby testifying as a psychic witness during the Zimmerman trial.

What I've seen so far from the Rittenhouse trial is that the prosecutor appears to be very slick, although butts heads with the judge on procedural matters from time to time.  The defense counsel doesn't have nearly as good delivery.

The judge seems to be doing his level best to ensure a fair trial but should probably pay less attention to the media coverage of the trial.

They just showed the FBI surveillance footage.  If that was supposed to be their smoking gun they're screwed.  Their claim is that it shows that Rittenhouse was chasing the child rapist prior to entering the parking lot, and that Mr. Molester let him run past then charged in behind Rittenhouse and started chasing him. 

Yes, Rittenhouse was behind the boy diddler, but the video shows a lot of people running in the same direction and doesn't demonstrate to me that he was chasing the chomo.  Rittenhouse didn't follow the rapist when he turned to the right beside some cars, and indeed Rittenhouse continued on past the diaper sniper.  It was pretty obvious, though, when the scumbag decided to give chase to Rittenhouse.  After that, everything is as shown by the other videos available.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »
Also, Gaige Grosskreutz (blasted bicep dude) had a warrant issued for his phone after the shootings.  It is interesting to note that the police did not execute that warrant because Gaige's lawyer complained about a Marcy's Law concern.  The detective testified that he had never before had a signed warrant that they chose not to execute.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »

De Selby trots that bit of fiction out annually.  Not sure why he gets off on posting obvious lies, but here we are.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2021, 08:36:29 PM »
De Selby trots that bit of fiction out annually.  Not sure why he gets off on posting obvious lies, but here we are.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2021, 08:39:28 PM »
Are you accusing him of being a red head?

:P
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2021, 08:46:29 PM »

I too have suggested that he'd be happier molesting goats noisily crossing his bridge,  but Zimmerman is his white whale.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2021, 09:13:48 PM »
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/live-kyle-rittenhouse-trial-day-2/

The persecutions “damning” infrared video in the link showing Rittenhouse as the “aggressor” and “proving” his “guilt”. 

Now, call me crazy/deluded if you wish, but that video appears to show Rosenbaum lying in an ambush position and then chasing Rittenhouse once he has opportunity, leading to the fatal shooting.  More like exculpatory evidence than anything else.

If Rittenhouse isn’t acquitted on the murder and related charges then self defense legal protections are in serious jeopardy.  I think he should be acquitted on even the gun possession charge based on my reading of the relevant WI statute.  But IANAL, so maybe I’m wrong on that.   I suppose if he gets convicted on that one it won’t be a complete miscarriage of justice. 

Hawkmoon

• friend

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2021, 11:48:41 PM »
Kyle sure seems to have lucked out with that judge.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2021, 12:30:33 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2021, 08:32:51 AM »
Another link:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/rittenhouse-trial-day-2-did-prosecution-improperly-conspire-entire-trial/

Well, the cell phone thing was certainly interesting. That, coupled with Marcy's Law, sure seems like maybe Binger has an agenda other than getting at the truth.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2021, 08:42:13 AM »
Well, the cell phone thing was certainly interesting. That, coupled with Marcy's Law, sure seems like maybe Binger has an agenda other than getting at the truth.

I read an article a couple of days ago that described what happened to a photographer who had been covering the riot. Binger had him come in, and tried mightily to get him to change the written statement he had given to the police -- to make it more damaging to Rittenhouse. When the photographer [rightly] refused to change his story, the DA reportedly blew his top.

Found it: http://kenoshacountyeye.com/2021/10/30/rittenhouse-prosecutors-got-angry-when-witness-didnt-change-his-story/

No, I don't think the prosecutor is interested in objective justice here.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2021, 10:24:07 AM »
There’s a reason I’ve been referring to them as the persecution.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2021, 02:07:54 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2021, 02:49:58 PM »
Left leaning communists columnists are now weighing in on the Rittenhouse trial in the national media.

This article by Susan Hackney of USA Today was carried in the Austin paper.

https://www.statesman.com/story/opinion/2021/11/04/opinion-rittenhouse-shot-his-victims-but-we-cant-call-them-that/6249833001/

She seems to be confusing the term "victim" with "assailant" and at the end comes across as being very upset with petty little features of American jurisprudence such as due process and the presumption of innocence.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2021, 03:17:13 PM »
Left leaning communists columnists are now weighing in on the Rittenhouse trial in the national media.

https://www.statesman.com/story/opinion/2021/11/04/opinion-rittenhouse-shot-his-victims-but-we-cant-call-them-that/6249833001/

She seems to be confusing the term "victim" with "assailant" and at the end comes across as being very upset with petty little features of American jurisprudence such as due process and the presumption of innocence.

Well, her last name jives with her journalism ability.

If innocent until proven guilty, with his innocence bearing on the argument that he was defending himself, Kyle is in fact the victim unless proven otherwise.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2021, 03:23:40 PM »

From that article:

But Schroeder will allow Joseph Rosenbaum, 36; Anthony Huber, 26; and the injured Gaige Grosskreutz, 26, to be referred to as looters, rioters and arsonists in open court. Never mind that these victims – that word again – were never convicted (or even charged) of actual looting the night they were shot.

So tell me, what did they loot? Is there evidence to suggest they set things ablaze with criminal intent? Do videos exist showing them rioting?

Um.....Yes.  Did you not watch the videos?

Also, I think it's fair to argue Mr. Grosskreutz got more than a presumption of innocence for his actions on the night in question.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2021, 04:48:28 PM »
Also, I think it's fair to argue Mr. Grosskreutz got more than a presumption of innocence for his actions on the night in question.
Agreed, both on the part of Rittenhouse and the police.