Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53047 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2021, 02:48:16 PM »
That testimony was.....not great for the state.

For those that don't want to scroll through the live feed the highlights are the defense got Grosskreutz (the dude shot in the arm) to confirm that an earlier person ran up to Kyle, didn't attack, and Kyle held fire, then he admitted that when he was shot, he was moving towards Kyle, three feet away, and pointing a loaded Glock at Kyle.

It seems al though after the lunch break the defense is going to ask him about his roommates tweet where he is quoted as saying that he regrets not mag dumping into Kyle.  But honestly the "Moving forward and pointing a gun at him" part is probably all they needed.  ADA Binger literally put his head in his hands at the prosecution table.

What is that quote, 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'. The risk manager generally recommends against pointing loaded firearms at other people, especially when the other people are holding ARs.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2021, 02:49:04 PM »
Matt Deckard, Fact Checker & Anonymous Source
@MDApparel
·
1h
Replying to
@thevivafrei
The Rittenhouse prosecution is going up in flames faster than a Kenosha business during a mostly peaceful protest.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2021, 04:40:47 PM »
Just wondering - does anyone know of a similar group of woke folk dissecting the trial?
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
Ah, WaPo.  Never change:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/11/08/gaige-grosskreutz-says-he-feared-his-life-before-kyle-rittenhouse-shot-him-during-kenosha-unrest/

It's behind a pay wall, but really the headline is the funny part.

They neglect to mention that he also said he was pointing a gun at Kyle when he was shot.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2021, 05:52:02 PM »
Ought to fear why he is not up on attempted murder charges and the civil suits I really hope Rittenhouse sends his way.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2021, 05:57:36 PM »
Ought to fear why he is not up on attempted murder charges and the civil suits I really hope Rittenhouse sends his way.

I'm also curious why Grosskreutz hasn't caught any charges.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2021, 05:59:25 PM »
There's speculation elsewhere that he's a federal informant.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2021, 07:33:15 PM »

I was under the impression that he was a felon in possession of a firearm.  Is that not.the case?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2021, 08:29:04 PM »
I was under the impression that he was a felon in possession of a firearm.  Is that not.the case?

He's obviously the right kind of felon in possession.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2021, 09:12:34 PM »
Lefty had a misdemeanor charge for being armed while intoxicated.  But no felonies I’m aware of.  But his ccw was expired so in addition to attempted murder/assault with a deadly weapon he should get a charge for illegally carrying concealed.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2021, 09:18:13 PM »
Lots of little accounts on Twitter spittlescreeching that Lefty was a victim of a mass murderer...

I wonder how many of them are from boilerrooms...
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2021, 09:31:03 PM »
Anyone else get a nagging feeling that the prosecutor persecutor doesn't give a damn because he already knows he will get full convictions on all counts in the case?
 [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2021, 09:33:08 PM »
Just watched the video and man, that “key witness” walked off looking like a fool.  Even killed his $10 M lawsuit he had against Kenosha with his testimony……

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2021, 09:35:44 PM »
I spent the day laying tile but I listened to the trial stream. When Gaige was testifying about why he didn’t shoot Kyle he said something along the lines of he couldn’t have done it because taking a life ran contrary to his purpose as a medic or something. I was totally bewildered that the defense didn’t ask the question: “if taking a life is completely against your moral code, why do you routinely carry a loaded gun for the stated purpose of personal protection?”

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
He's obviously the right kind of felon in possession.

(((Hmmmm...)))
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2021, 12:51:42 AM »
Just for emphasis:

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2021, 03:17:04 AM »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2021, 07:10:53 AM »
Come on baby, lets do the twist

‘If you want to understand why no one trusts the press’: AG Hamilton looks at some headlines on the Kyle Rittenhouse trial
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/08/if-you-want-to-understand-why-no-one-trust-the-press-ag-hamilton-looks-at-some-headlines-on-the-kyle-rittenhouse-trial/

https://twitter.com/AGHamilton29/status/1457822321465495556/photo/1
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2021, 08:23:42 AM »
I spent the day laying tile but I listened to the trial stream. When Gaige was testifying about why he didn’t shoot Kyle he said something along the lines of he couldn’t have done it because taking a life ran contrary to his purpose as a medic or something. I was totally bewildered that the defense didn’t ask the question: “if taking a life is completely against your moral code, why do you routinely carry a loaded gun for the stated purpose of personal protection?”

Also, if he's such a dedicated medic, when Rittenhouse shot the skateboard dude, why didn't the dedicated medic rush to treat the skateboard dude instead of rushing to point a gun at Rittenhouse?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 10:12:49 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2021, 09:02:06 AM »
I think that guy corrupted his own testimony and they got the key admission in before lunch (or so I heard).  I think the defense can call him back later if they wish to, but they got the important part they needed (IMO).  I would think going after every little point might get tedious and make the jury forget the main admission.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »
I would think going after every little point might get tedious and make the jury forget the main admission.
That could be.  It just stood out to me as a low hanging fruit to impeach his credibility.

griz

• friend
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2021, 10:28:53 AM »
His credibility is already gone to anybody listening.  He said he was approaching Rittenhouse because he was concerned for his (Rittenhouse's) safety after getting hit in the head with a skateboard.  He had the gun in his hand because he thought there was an active shooter, but couldn't ever shoot someone because of his "do no harm" oath.  And after chasing him (with a Glock in his hand), then backing away, he couldn't really explain why he lunged at Rittenhouse with his pistol accidentally pointed at him.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2021, 10:34:13 AM »
His credibility is already gone to anybody listening.
I agree, but lawyers love to make explicit what should have been implicitly understood.

The judge mentioned at the beginning of the trial today that someone was videoing the jurors at the pickup and police forced them to delete the video.  He also said he gave orders that if it happens again they are to take the phone.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2021, 10:36:08 AM »
I agree, but lawyers love to make explicit what should have been implicitly understood.

The judge mentioned at the beginning of the trial today that someone was videoing the jurors at the pickup and police forced them to delete the video.  He also said he gave orders that if it happens again they are to take the phone.

Sadly, if they already caught one guy, a half a dozen probably got away.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2021, 10:36:11 AM »
That could be.  It just stood out to me as a low hanging fruit to impeach his credibility.

He just won the case for the defense. Why would they want to impeach his credibility?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design