Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53017 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2021, 10:41:47 AM »
Sadly, if they already caught one guy, a half a dozen probably got away.

And, it’s not like it’s hard to stream it to a remote device.  Hell, FB live would do that.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2021, 10:43:18 AM »
The media is doing their thing. "Protestor" "Volunteer medic" "lone survivor". Also "He had a gun that he never intended to point at Rittenhouse". As for Kyle, "Heavily armed teenager".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/11/09/since-mainstream-media-claims-they-never-take-sides-heres-a-bunch-of-them-deliberately-spinning-rittenhouse-case-bombshell/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2021, 10:45:17 AM »
He just won the case for the defense. Why would they want to impeach his credibility?

Some folks actually think Rittenhouse might get acquitted. I'm not nearly so optimistic.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2021, 11:08:53 AM »
More media:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1458060865039749121

Terrorist, vigilante, the enemy, and he shot a guy with a skateboard.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
If you want to see the MSM "reporting" yesterday, watch this: https://youtu.be/uZcqJldagH0

Note the  " "
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2021, 11:50:03 AM »
Remember that time when two New York white supremacist skyscrapers attacked two fully loaded airliners with POC on board?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2021, 12:12:02 PM »
He just won the case for the defense. Why would they want to impeach his credibility?
The point is to impeach Blasted Bicep Boy's testimony relating to his own actions.  He was testifying that he was not chasing Rittenhouse, was not moving to shoot him, was not intentionally pointing his gun at him, and wouldn't have shot him regardless because of his medical oath.

If the defense had pointed out that his routinely carrying a loaded firearm specifically for the purpose of self defense conflicted with his stated position of "do no harm" and being unwilling to injure or kill someone then it calls into deeper question the truth of his statement about chasing Rittenhouse, moving to shoot him, and intentionally pointing a gun at him.  Same reason they're trying to get his roommate's post about BBB saying his only regret was not emptying his gun into Rittenhouse admitted into evidence.

Earlier, there was another potential "gotcha" where BBB testified that he was not protesting and as a medic was treating people without respect to their affiliation, but also can be heard on the video calling out Rittenhouse for offering to help an injured protester because "we have our own medics".  I didn't think that was as impactful and didn't mind them missing out on that.  Of course, they did connect the dots on some of his hard left affiliations.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2021, 12:33:57 PM »
Defense got the medical examiner to testify that the injury to the pedo's hand was either in contact or within a few inches of the barrel, and that the distance from the injury to the pelvis was between 1 foot and 4 feet. 

The drone video (not the FBI's thermal, but another one) shows the pedo shooting from a better angle which still looks righteous.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2021, 01:13:37 PM »
    Judge Schroeder reveals someone filmed the Kyle Rittenhouse jurors when they were picked up by the bus this morning. Schroeder said deputies made the person delete the video and added more steps will be taken to prevent something like that from happening again.

— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) November 9, 2021

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/09/julio-rosas-reports-that-judge-in-kyle-rittenhouse-trial-said-someone-filmed-the-jurors-when-they-were-picked-up-by-the-bus-this-morning/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »
Oh dude, defense is getting ready to call Rittenhouse.

Bold move, Cotton.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2021, 10:45:19 AM »
Oh dude, defense is getting ready to call Rittenhouse.

Bold move, Cotton.
I am surprised they would do that.  Maybe they think he will do well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2021, 10:59:24 AM »
I don’t understand why they called him.  They don’t need it.  Hell, the defense could have rested with no witnesses at all and still had PLENTY for a full acquittal.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2021, 12:03:24 PM »
Yikes. This is the chance for the prosecution to pull a a Grosskreutz on the defense. Rittenhouse is still a young kid. No matter how much they prep him, there is still a good chance that the prosecution can lead him to saying something stupid in cross-examination.

I agree that they should never have called him. I hope it doesn't backfire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2021, 12:09:00 PM »
He broke down in sobs partway through the defense questioning.  Either it was rehearsed or he's likely to have trouble with the prosecutor.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2021, 12:09:15 PM »
Interesting. It looks like this DA stinks to high heaven:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1458188325676847105

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2021, 12:12:24 PM »
Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
4m
#KyleRittenhouse - Judge sent jury out and warned Binger he's walking a fine line and may have cross it by continuing to bring up that this is the first time the defendant has told his story. Judge cites constitutional right to remain silent. @LawCrimeNetwork
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2021, 12:17:51 PM »
The left: Time to turn the jury intimidation dial to 11.
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2021, 12:45:02 PM »
Binger kept pushing Kyle to admit he was trying to use deadly force to protect property. 

The judge told the jury to leave then absolutely tore into Binger.  Literally yelling at him for failing to respect his previous rulings.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2021, 12:48:57 PM »
use deadly force to protect property. 

My how times have changed. Used to be you had the right to protect property and people's livelihood. Now it's considered a crime.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2021, 12:51:19 PM »
This appears to show the pedophile getting shot:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1458128554026147849

From the comments:
Bobby FAFO@BobbyFafo·22h

What do you mean I don’t respawn???

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2021, 12:54:34 PM »
This appears to show the pedophile getting shot:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1458128554026147849

From the comments:

Looks like a clear case of Hands Up Don't Shoot.  ;/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2021, 01:01:45 PM »
Kyle needs to quit adding more to the answer than he needs to. 

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2021, 01:12:07 PM »
I'm curious where the prosecutor is going with his ammo questions.  He's really stressing the fact that Rittenhouse used FMJ and implying it was likely to pass through the target and hit another target.  He was claiming hollowpoints would "explode inside the target" and full metal jackets were "designed to pass through and hit another target beyond".  The judge shut him down on that and then called for a lunch break.

Probably trying to show danger to the reporter that was behind the pedo, but I am unaware of any passthroughs that caused injury to another person and many of the rounds that hit were actually contained within the person shot.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2021, 01:13:26 PM »
I thought I read that the reporter took spall from either a pass through or a miss that hit the ground near him.